• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko Matoi vs Sheele

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Ryuko 2
Sheele 3

Town level scissor wielding teenage girls. Life Fiber Synchronized Ryuko, Sheele has Extase. Speed equalized, in character, no prior knowledge or prep time. Who wins?

Ryüko Matoi - 7

Sheele - 0

Ends in scissoring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But in all seriousness, probably Ryuko via two heads are better than one logic. Plus, well, Ryuko lived through being bisected.

This is pretty much ep 23 of KlK all over again, with Ryuko fighting another scissors user. But if she could trick the much stronger Ragyo, who knew the best about Life Fiber regen, I don't see how she can't best Sheele who knows nothing about her regen. And Sheele can be killed much easier than Ryuko, there is always the option of stabbing her instead of cutting.

Ryuko for me

Sheele does have a chance of winning here. She has been shown to cut people instead of stabbing so it the cut connects, Ryuko is a goner. Sure she survived being bisected, but that was not a clean cut, some fibers were not properly severed. Sheele also has her blinding ability and that could give her a nice advantage.

However, Ryuko is much more versatile, has better range and can fly. Also she has arguably an advantage in intelligence (two minds are better than one). If she stays outside of Sheele's range, she can just spam slashes until she downs her. Going with Ryuko 7/10.

@Scarlet

I'm pretty sure Ryuko only has Senjin and Shippu when she is True Life Fiber Synchronize, not when she is only Life Fiber Synchronize aka pre ep 3 power-up. Other than that, all is fair.

And as I said, Ryuko's regen requires a specific way to negate, while Sheele can be killed by many ways. Besides the classic slashing, there is always the option of stabbing her or throwing the blade at her (the trick she unsuccessfully pulled on Sanageyama)

If Sheele can successfully cut Ryuko from both sides (She has to in order for Extase's cutting ability to activate), she wins. She also does have the blinding technique. But I'm not versed on KlK at all so could someone tell me which abilities apply to this version of Ryuko?

She has all of her listed abilities, she's just not as strong or fast as when she is True Life Fiber Synchronized, which was only achieved after the Great Culture and Sports Festival.

No matter how much this pains me, I'm going for Ryüko for the reasons above. She just has too much things in her favor. Sorry, Sheele.

If people who specifically know of Ryuko's weakness and deliberately tried to exploit it can't get a "clean cut and properly sever all life fibers" due to the small and precise nature of her alien physiology I doubt Sheele would be very likely to either.

And like Scarlet said she has the versitality, range and possible intellect advantage.

My vote goes to Ryuko.

No it isn't. Their stats are completely equal and Ryuko has no durability negating hax. All she has are things like range and versitality, along with her weakness being difficult to exploit but still possible.

If small advantages like that are considered a stomp, how would anyone ever win a match?

I don't know, I'm just saying what I normally see. For example, Ryüko vs Vader was deemed a stomp because Ryüko has no counter for vaporization even though she resists everything Vader has to offer making it that vaporization was the only way for him to win. And Ryüko vs Erza was also closed because of her Regenerationn. I don't even agree that her match with Erza was a stomp.

Anyway, if people who know about her weakness can't nullify the Regenerationn, why would Sheele be able to? That's the only possible way she can win in the first place.

I think it's because Vader's vaporization instantly defeats her with no way around it. But I'm not sure.

I have no idea about the Ryuko vs Erza thread.

However decisive =/= stomp. A stomp is when one character are drastically outclasses the other and they have no way of standing a chance. If someone has advantages that decisively give them a win, that alone isn't a stomp. It's a victory.

These two have all their stats equal and no hax at all. Ryuko is simply a better fighter with range and regen. With regen still being hypothetically negatable just very difficult to do. If those two things make this a stomp then I don't see how most fights on this site aren't stomps.

Vader's vaporization is essentially an instant one shot for him. I'm not sure but I think that's why it's a stomp.

Anyways I can't say for other matches. But I don't think this match is a stomp. If other people disagree as well then I'm fine with that though.

You know what i dont understand about Vader vs Ryuko? It was deemed a stomp because Vader could vaporize a Stormtrooper...as in the guys who have Small Building level durability at best. Vader never showed the ability to vaporize someone with High 6-A durability, let alone someone more durable than himself like Ryuko is.

Ryuko vs Erza was definitely not a stomp, the only reason Ryuko would have won was due to her regen

@Burning Like I said I think it's cause people considered Vader able to instantly one shot (which is a stomp) Ryuko. Even if it is with hax.

@WB If that's the case then I entirely disagree with those threads being closed.

@Ever Isnt that non-combat applicable though? I thought it took someone who is a way more skilled force user hundreds of hours and an immense amount of focus to be able to make any major changes to something?

It's debatable on whether Darth Bane is stronger than Vader (Seriously power comparison in Star Wars is complicated), but it took so long because the alterations had to be delicate and painstakingly precise.

@Ryukama

Yeah, but I don't still understand. There's nothing saying Vader would immediately go for vaporization like he knew everything about Ryüko. Other than that, they have similar stats with Ryüko out classing him in some areas, having resistance to almost everything he has and having the advantage of being able to possibly evolve and develop counters to his attacks. Excalibur can also vaporize, but nobody called Saber vs Ryüko match a stomp. Even back when it was thought that Excalibur could atomize, Saber's matches weren't considered as stomps because she could apparently atomize with only one quick move. Similarly, I haven't seen any of my Gilgamesh matches (where I made him bloodlusted because the fool won't go all out otherwise) deemed stomps despite the fact that Enuma Elish can do bad things to people. What I'm confused about is why it was called a stomp because Vader could win with only one move when he would struggle otherwise. Yeah, I know you've told me that it's probably because he can do it instantly, but then why aren't Saber and Gilgamesh's (well not only them but others too) matches regarded as stomps too if they can do something similar in one move? If there's a match between two characters and one has Regenerationn that the other can't hope to bypass (I'm not talking about ridiculous Regenerationn like High, Low-Godly etc. I'm talking about Mid and High-Mid), I don't see them being called stomps, so why is a match where the Regenerationn can actually be bypassed called a stomp? I just don't understand and I've actually been thinking about it sparingly for some time.

@Weekly

Sorry for the derailing, I just want to understand real quick.

I'm only giving a guess as to why other people may've deemed it a stomp. I honestly don't know or care about the Ryuko vs Vader match up.

I'm just saying I just don't think this particular match up is a stomp. Ryuko vs Vader isn't relevant to me. Ryuko vs Sheele is. And I still don't think Ryuko's advantages are enough to constitute a stomp. But even then I'm still fine if others disagree and want this closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back