• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryu vs The Way (WWE vs Street Fighter) Grace

• Speed Equalized
  • Everyone 9-A with anything above restricted
  • Battle takes place in WrestleMania 2010 - Dreamworld
  • 10 meter distance
street-fighter.gif

VS
austin-theory-johnny-gargano.gif

Ryu: 7

The Way:

Incon:

Last edited:
Beat the shit out of you and energy attacks.
He's basic af, he's like Goku without teleportation or flight.

Energy attacks are obviously something WWE lads have never gone up against, so that's an advantage already.

How skilled is Ryu?

I was thinking Ryu Vs. Batman would be a fair match so what does that tell you

It means Ryu holds a pretty demonstrable skill advantage and has defeated those supernaturally skilled in numerous martial arts, including some of the best wrestlers the world has ever seen like Mika, Zangief and more.
He's also fought Akuma before, and didn't die instantly.

It means Ryu holds a pretty demonstrable skill advantage and has defeated those supernaturally skilled in numerous martial arts, including some of the best wrestlers the world has ever seen like Mika, Zangief and more.
So how does Ryu fair against Theory and Gargano scaling far above with Analytical Predict, fighting on par with Dexter Lumis, and being comparable with wrestlers who can fight in pitch darkness?

Ryu also has a pretty big AP advantage. WWE's highest 9-A feat is 0.04716844027557362 Tons of TNT while Ryu's is 0.1 Tons of TNT.
That's a ~2.1x AP advantage. It's a decent gap, but it's not a gap I would consider "big" by any stretch of the imagination.

With that combined with Ryu's skill advantage, I lean towards him for the win.
So how does Ryu fair against Theory and Gargano scaling far above with Analytical Predict, fighting on par with Dexter Lumis, and being comparable with wrestlers who can fight in pitch darkness?

I may be wrong but Analytical Prediction << fighting someone who can literally just see the future and admits that it's hard to see the future of fighters on his level. That being said, Ryu is also capable of reading his opponent's moves and learning ways to defeat even the most supernaturally gifted fighters with all different kinds of styles like Taekwondo, senjutsu, rindo-kan karate, kickboxing, psycho power, lucha libre... his rival even developed his own style of karate. Ryu can also sense people attacking before they do and is able to sense chi. So fighting in the dark should not be any issue for the guy.

I may be wrong but Analytical Prediction << fighting someone who can literally just see the future and admits that it's hard to see the future of fighters on his level.
Fairs, but Theory and Gargano don't have Analytical Prediction, they just scale far above someone who has it.

Ryu is also capable of reading his opponent's moves
Read what I said above.

and learning ways to defeat even the most supernaturally gifted fighters with all different kinds of styles like Taekwondo, senjutsu, rindo-kan karate, kickboxing, psycho power, lucha libre... his rival even developed his own style of karate. Ryu can also sense people attacking before they do and is able to sense chi. So fighting in the dark should not be any issue for the guy.
Might have to post the skill essay I have for Theory, then.

So in terms of fighting styles, Theory and Gargano's are drastically different from each other.

Theory is relatively simple in comparison. He's naturally a brawler, relying on stiff strikes, grapples, and his natural athleticism/agility to win his matches. But he is considered a prodigy by many, so don't let his simple fighting style fool you.

Gargano's fighting style revolves around combining British Chain Wrestling, Puroresu, and Lucha Libre into a fighting style he likes to call "Lucharesu". This makes him very unpredictable, as in one moment, he's wrestling you down to the ground, and the next moment, he's performing high flying maneuvers.

So in terms of fighting styles, Theory and Gargano's are drastically different from each other.

Theory is relatively simple in comparison. He's naturally a brawler, relying on stiff strikes, grapples, and his natural athleticism/agility to win his matches. But he is considered a prodigy by many, so don't let his simple fighting style fool you.

Gargano's fighting style revolves around combining British Chain Wrestling, Puroresu, and Lucha Libre into a fighting style he likes to call "Lucharesu". This makes him very unpredictable, as in one moment, he's wrestling you down to the ground, and the next moment, he's performing high flying maneuvers.
@MaidRips

Fairs, but Theory and Gargano don't have Analytical Prediction, they just scale far above someone who has it.
You know that Analytical Prediction don't make someone invicible correct? Specially a basic analytical prediction that is unknow how actually effective is in combat like what Axiom showed" (like people accustomed to fight know the importance of math and use them in combat, and really any sport in general, even if is just on an instinctual/subconscious level, so Axiom thing isn't really impressive). Someone with Analytical Prediction can perfectly lose a fight against someone do to a great array of factors like stats, environment, the opponent style, stamina, etc.

You know that Analytical Prediction don't make someone invicible correct? Specially a basic analytical prediction that is unknow how actually effective is in combat like what Axiom showed" (like people accustomed to fight know the importance of math and use them in combat, and really any sport in general, even if is just on an instinctual/subconscious level, so Axiom thing isn't really impressive). Someone with Analytical Prediction can perfectly lose a fight against someone do to a great array of factors like stats, environment, the opponent style, stamina, etc.
Regardless of this, Theory and Gargano have fought on par with Dexter Lumis, who has a Sixth Sense that allows him to fight while blindfolded. They're also comparable to other wrestlers who're able to fight in pitch black darkness.

To add on to this, while we don't see Theory and Gargano do too many tag moves, they have shown to work in sync before many times.

Regardless of this, Theory and Gargano have fought on par with Dexter Lumis, who has a Sixth Sense that allows him to fight while blindfolded. They're also comparable to other wrestlers who're able to fight in pitch black darkness.
This are somewhat better I suppose, though in the case of Dexter he only dodged to the side against a running enemy who was yelling (so he could tell the proximity and direction by the loud yell) and later punched the clo opponent who was holding him (so he could tell from that the direction to where he needed to hit), so in the end isn't really a super impressive skill feat.

The darness one is more impressive, still nothing crazy since they knew where they needed to go (and in principle their familarity with the place should had helped a lot to move through) and that they would be the only targets there, but still is a good skill feat, though the Street Fighter characters have by far better feats.

This are somewhat better I suppose, though in the case of Dexter he only dodged to the side against a running enemy who was yelling (so he could tell the proximity and direction by the loud yell) and later punched the clo opponent who was holding him (so he could tell from that the direction to where he needed to hit), so in the end isn't really a super impressive skill feat.
I kinda feel like you're underestimating the skill feats a smidge. Just because he was yelling, doesn't really mean Dexter could tell where he was. If anything, the wrestler (Cameron Grimes) who was yelling made his Sixth Sense kick in and let him dodge the attack. Dexter just had a feeling that Grimes was about to attack, and dodged and attacked him. Here's another example (listen to what the commentary team says).

The darness one is more impressive, still nothing crazy since they knew where they needed to go (and in principle their familarity with the place should had helped a lot to move through) and that they would be the only targets there, but still is a good skill feat, though the Street Fighter characters have by far better feats.
Knowing where you need to go seriously doesn't mean anything if your only way of reaching said goal is to move in pitch black darkness. If I had a goal of leaving my house in pitch black darkness where I can't see anything, it'd still be a difficult task to achieve, because I'd have to be able to perfectly go down over a dozen steps without falling down them, which is no easy task. It doesn't matter if I knew where I needed to go, or how familiar I am with the environment I'm in.

Here's a question, how long were they in the dark before they started?

Doing what they're doing, moving around, fighting.

Here's the link.

So the lights turn off at around 3:27, and around 3:33 is when you start hearing movements in the ring, so about 6-7 seconds.

I can argue that Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus during that time frame was trying to get in the ring.

If there's no jump cuts, then yeah I suppose that's a legit feat.

If they had a few minutes it'd be bad tho, human eyes do infact adjust to darkness.

I kinda feel like you're underestimating the skill feats a smidge. Just because he was yelling, doesn't really mean Dexter could tell where he was. If anything, the wrestler (Cameron Grimes) who was yelling made his Sixth Sense kick in and let him dodge the attack. Dexter just had a feeling that Grimes was about to attack, and dodged and attacked him. Here's another example (listen to what the commentary team says).
I mean, I feel like you are actually the one overestimating the feat, you don't a special sixth sense or some crazy skill to dodge a dude going in a straight line to you while yelling very loudly, he could tell where the opponent was and the proximity by the loud yelling, the most impressive part was the punch that he connected after dodge but he also got hit back the moment the other dude attacked without yelling (or will you say that suddenly his sixth sense didn't activate against that simple kick?).

... You don't need a sixth sense or be even super skilled to dodge a tackle, he had his eyes on him all the time and had more than enough time to react to the opponent starting to run. You should really not take as an absolute truth everything the commentators say, the have very demonstrably be wrong in several times, exaggerate thing to hype fights (which is normal because that's the work of commentators in any sport) many times and more.
Knowing where you need to go seriously doesn't mean anything if your only way of reaching said goal is to move in pitch black darkness. If I had a goal of leaving my house in pitch black darkness where I can't see anything, it'd still be a difficult task to achieve, because I'd have to be able to perfectly go down over a dozen steps without falling down them, which is no easy task. It doesn't matter if I knew where I needed to go, or how familiar I am with the environment I'm in.
True, however in the example of your house there probably are various obstacles in the middle, stairs, slopes and things like that, in this case there aren't really such things around the ring (well there are small stairs at the corners but they aren't really need to enter inside the ring).

Furthermore, they were prepared to do this, the planned this, hid beforehand and coordinated with a fourth person to took the light off and surprise attack then, all of this mean that they very likely had the time to train to pull this off. Add to that the fact that they likely were hiding under the ring (since otherwise with their speed and the crowd around they wouldn't be able to reach the ring in those few seconds if they hid in further places) and then the feat don't look as crazy as you initially thought.

Why is this thread being treated legit when it's an even worse stomp than Batman was
The Way won't even be able to get in a single hit. I blame Baken

I mean just looking both profile,ryu have very many advantage,I mean ryu can just shin hadoken the way,especially it a large beam of energy,cover the stage,so yeah vote ryu if this not stomp

Back