• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryoh Grantz and the 27th Wizard King [Ryoh vs Conrad]

is there SBA?
Two extraordinary wizards of their home stories now face eachother in battle

RULES
  • Speed is equalized
  • Ryoh starts off with his Summons casted [786 Petatons]
  • Conrad is in his Post-Sealing key with Compound Magic active [601.76 Petatons]
  • Fight takes place in the Clover Kingdom
  • Fighters start 10 meters apart (I forgot)

Voting Ryoh. I already gave my reasoning I guess.
Counted
Following

Any summary anyone can give on what the wincons are?
Currently the wincons are that Ryoh has a advantage in stats, even more so with Thirds, and that Conrad can spam tons of magic types he's accrued

The whole stealing thing could be discussed further with how key magic would interact with wands instead of Grimoirs

Okay let’s start with the fact that Conrad’s damage reduction via mana skin concentration should mitigate the little AP advantage Rhyo has.

Then there’s also the fact that he would have access to the wizard king sword which should absorb his opp’s attacks enmass. Conrad’s magic works on all things magic including magic items like wands which are an extension of the caster in BC. He also has the info analysis, skills and swordsmanship to handle a barrage of attacks while simultaneously spamming doors to unleash attacks omnidirectionally (all around Rhyo). At this point with the sheer amount of magic at his disposal I wonder how Rhyo will handle this.

I’m guessing all this has been mentioned before. What was the response to it.

Okay let’s start with the fact that Conrad’s damage reduction via mana skin concentration should mitigate the little AP advantage Rhyo has.
Well to elaborate a little more, the prominent part of why Ryoh has an AP advantage, and why it can be kept, is because of his cracked accelerated development. How his magic will grow when faced with an extraordinary foe, the worse the situation he finds himself in. Another big part of it is the upscaling, how Ryoh was bodying 70% Doom, after beating down 60% Doom, who had humiliated the combined power of both Orter and Rayne with a boost, the former having bullied 50% Doom in base. However, I figure that Conrad has his own upscaling to be seen as well.
Then there’s also the fact that he would have access to the wizard king sword which should absorb his opp’s attacks enmass. Conrad’s magic works on all things magic including magic items like wands which are an extension of the caster in BC.
Yeah, that was being debated on a bit ago, still being argued I guess. Also there's Harry Potter esq wands in Black Clover? Neat.
He also has the info analysis, skills and swordsmanship to handle a barrage of attacks while simultaneously spamming doors to unleash attacks omnidirectionally (all around Rhyo). At this point with the sheer amount of magic at his disposal I wonder how Rhyo will handle this.
With Ryoh also having his own highly credible skill. He's fought swordsmen before, that being Doom, we all know him at this point. Ryoh was able to overcome Doom's own skill, the same Doom that can counter anything he sees (or senses I guess cause he's blind) as stated by his father, overwhelming him completely. Ryoh also can unleash a wide amount of magic, such as how he protected a city's worth of civilians with his light magic against Innocent Zero's darkness, and how he can rain down several massive swords of light.

For the record, what happens when these doors are destroyed? I mean, can they be destroyed? Hit even?
I’m guessing all this has been mentioned before. What was the response to it.
I don't know I forgot, lol. And I don't feel like rereading through the thread, blah.

Well to elaborate a little more, the prominent part of why Ryoh has an AP advantage, and why it can be kept, is because of his cracked accelerated development. How his magic will grow when faced with an extraordinary foe, the worse the situation he finds himself in. Another big part of it is the upscaling, how Ryoh was bodying 70% Doom, after beating down 60% Doom, who had humiliated the combined power of both Orter and Rayne with a boost, the former having bullied 50% Doom in base. However, I figure that Conrad has his own upscaling to be seen as well.
Yeah Conrad has his own upscaling which I won’t need to get into because, in addition to that, his absorption can enable him to adapt and overcome magical threats by just absorbing them, using it and/or sending them back in the form of an attack. It can be made passive but I don’t think Conrad will need to.

Yeah, that was being debated on a bit ago, still being argued I guess. Also there's Harry Potter esq wands in Black Clover? Neat.

Yeah, they don’t need the wand tho. It’s just used for those who can’t control their magic with their minds and body just as with the case with Noelle.

With Ryoh also having his own highly credible skill. He's fought swordsmen before, that being Doom, we all know him at this point. Ryoh was able to overcome Doom's own skill, the same Doom that can counter anything he sees (or senses I guess cause he's blind) as stated by his father, overwhelming him completely. Ryoh also can unleash a wide amount of magic, such as how he protected a city's worth of civilians with his light magic against Innocent Zero's darkness, and how he can rain down several massive swords of light.

For the record, what happens when these doors are destroyed? I mean, can they be destroyed? Hit even?

The doors are made of mana so idk if they can be destroyed conventionally. Asta pretty much has the same skill sets (which includes instinctive reactions, sense manipulation via unpredictable moves and precog) but Conrad could keep up. Asta needed AD but since Rhyo’s AD is magic based as opposed to anti magic, it wouldn’t be an advantage like it was for Asta.

Regarding magic stuff. Wasn't Margarett and Kaido was able to cast their magic without using the wands? IIRC or was I remembering anime only stuff.

Yeah Conrad has his own upscaling which I won’t need to get into because, in addition to that, his absorption can enable him to adapt and overcome magical threats by just absorbing them, using it and/or sending them back in the form of an attack. It can be made passive but I don’t think Conrad will need to.
Yeah so it should be like, even-ish. Makes this fight cooler, especially since the one shot gap has been upgraded to an 8x gap instead of it being the silly 5x gap. I thiiiiink.
Yeah, they don’t need the wand tho. It’s just used for those who can’t control their magic with their minds and body just as with the case with Noelle.
So basically just training wheels, got it
The doors are made of mana so idk if they can be destroyed conventionally. Asta pretty much has the same skill sets (which includes instinctive reactions, sense manipulation via unpredictable moves and precog) but Conrad could keep up. Asta needed AD but since Rhyo’s AD is magic based as opposed to anti magic, it wouldn’t be an advantage like it was for Asta.
So it's more so going to be neck and neck for the long run right? It's a good thing that wizards in Mashle can restore magic even if it's stolen and have cracked willpower.

Do you think it would come to a point where both would pull out their trump cards at the same time? Doom's Gate for Conrad and Hyperion Inclination for Ryoh.

Yeah so it should be like, even-ish. Makes this fight cooler, especially since the one shot gap has been upgraded to an 8x gap instead of it being the silly 5x gap. I thiiiiink.

Yeah

So basically just training wheels, got it
Yeah

So it's more so going to be neck and neck for the long run right? It's a good thing that wizards in Mashle can restore magic even if it's stolen and have cracked willpower.

Do you think it would come to a point where both would pull out their trump cards at the same time? Doom's Gate for Conrad and Hyperion Inclination for Ryoh.

You could say that but yeah that’s just gonna be more fuel for Conrad.

Besides Conrad may not even need to use the sword until all the power he has absorbed is stockpiled on top of the already stockpiled magic in the sword over generations to the point he can just one shot Rhyo similar to how he one shot the captains and all the magic knights after him all at once with a massive concentrated attack. Conrad should have the stamina and sheer will/rage power to restore all of his power instantly out of absolutely nothing (he does this by shortening his life span a bit; probably forbidden magic), although I doubt it’ll get to that point.

So yeah with the sheer versatility in Magic types (all of which have so many different unique purposes like regen, poison, speed amp, power amp, fire, water, lightning, ice, memory erasure, binding spells that seal magic usage, etc etc etc, just too many to choose, most of which should be on his page; heck he can even use Rhyo’s own spells against him if he absorbs him) deployed in a super danmaku (spams doors all over the battlefield in numbers far greater than what’s shown on our danmaku page even from under the ground beneath Rhyo’s feet for a danmaku of surprise attacks all while simultaneously engaging in sword combat; which should be more than enough to counter Rhyo’s danmaku) as well as his combat skills surpassing Asta at the time.

All this should enable Conrad beat Rhyo eventually. I don’t think Conrad will need forbidden magic like Dooms Gate for this one. He has far too much in his arsenal to lose.

So I guess just put me down for Conrad.

Yeah

Yeah

You could say that but yeah that’s just gonna be more fuel for Conrad.

Besides Conrad may not even need to use the sword until all the power he has absorbed is stockpiled on top of the already stockpiled magic in the sword over generations to the point he can just one shot Rhyo similar to how he one shot the captains and all the magic knights after him all at once with a massive concentrated attack. Conrad should have the stamina and sheer will/rage power to restore all of his power instantly out of absolutely nothing (he does this by shortening his life span a bit; probably forbidden magic), although I doubt it’ll get to that point.

So yeah with the sheer versatility in Magic types (all of which have so many different unique purposes like regen, poison, speed amp, power amp, fire, water, lightning, ice, memory erasure, binding spells that seal magic usage, etc etc etc, just too many to choose, most of which should be on his page; heck he can even use Rhyo’s own spells against him if he absorbs him) deployed in a super danmaku (spams doors all over the battlefield in numbers far greater than what’s shown on our danmaku page even from under the ground beneath Rhyo’s feet for a danmaku of surprise attacks all while simultaneously engaging in sword combat; which should be more than enough to counter Rhyo’s danmaku) as well as his combat skills surpassing Asta at the time.

All this should enable Conrad beat Rhyo eventually. I don’t think Conrad will need forbidden magic like Dooms Gate for this one. He has far too much in his arsenal to lose.

So I guess just put me down for Conrad.
Fair nuff, counted

Back