• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vs Elder Scrolls, red riding hood endition. Ruby vs Aela

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does do it apparently, but its behind the scenes mostly. Most of the time you see her, she's in human form and only transforms into a werewolf to give the LDB werewolf transformation. That being said, she is implied to enjoy the werewolf form but she'll likely resort to it later if she's pushed to her limits.

She mostly doesn't use it due to, well, werewolfs being hunted.

Pretty sure she would use it when there is only one enemy, one that she plans to kill.

I want to post this link on Aela profile, but the mod blocks it.

Werewolf can do this. In Skyrim, Farkas singlehandedly shreds 10 people in heavy armors into pieces (due to gameplay mechanic, it does not show but we know from the Ring of Hircine quest a werewolf can apparently did it).

That's... not rrally impressive. She can fight a giant, and tge dudes are far above that.

Not really. That is plain out useless. Thay is a 9-A feat at most. And that's a really big high-ball.

Ruby wins extremely easily. Aela's only power is to punch people or scare them (or stab them). Ruby only has to do the most basic of things and wins due to her versatility and range.

Vote counted. But the fear manip could give a win if used, since the enemies litirally can't attack back and most often crouch down screaming that you won.

That's if it ever hits Ruby. In melee she gets out ranged, in range combat she gets out ranged. Aela's transformation also takes forever and she can easily be killed during it

Beside great melee combat and durability, Aela has nothing so she would lose. Under werewolf form, she use the howling could be quite an advantage. I noticed that Ruby has no mental resistance towards the howling, and you could look at my posted picture to imagine the fate of Ruby in that case.

1. Aela lost in direct combat

2. Ruby lost in an unconventional combat of Aela being a werewolf

I am split, and probably go inconclusive

She has the AP advantage, it takes seconds and it's a litiral howl, if she uses it it will work.

If she uses it, I know story wise she is stated to enjoy the werewolf power, but I don't think she'll use it instantly and the transformation takes 5 seconds that's plenty of time to kill her. She also then has to use the werewolf scream, then has to hope it last long enough to kill Rubt and has to hope she doesn't just run away full semblance sprint only to be in a perfect position to snipe Aela after it wears off.

If she uses it she would win. Ruby can't tank attacks for that long, and most often people crouch down and whimper, with full perks at least. (she felt that going out to massacre an entire fort was alright for a newbie, so she probably ate plenty.)

But yes, I'm not saying she wins, I'm saying that it's far from one-sided as you make it seem. Plus, the werewolf form should be able to tank plenty attacks.

Being able to freeze, Paralyze with electricity, and snipe her make it very easy if it was a one shot that's a stomp not a causal victory.

• Eidt sorry read it wrong still is pretty easy victory for Ruby

Her freezing isn't fullbody, and aela should be able to break through it rather easily.

Electricity and ice are a pretty common thing due to necromancers regardless.

But yes, sniping is her main advantage. Surprised weekly didn't vote yet.

^ seriously what is with bad shows and having the terrible one off games be canon (not saying she can't freeze just why are the games canon)

Beacuse wog says they are canon story wise. I still dislike the idea of taking status effects never showcased as canon, and she wouldn't use it in character regardless.

I mean why do they say that, are they that desperate for story they need to make terrible games like that canon. Why can't it just be a one of spin off story makers?

I dunno.

I'm trying to figure out how this can be accepted as a canon thing Jaune can do pre season 4.

• Natural Leader: Jaune releases a battlecry that knocks back enemies, heals his team, and increases his team's power and speed for a short time.

Let's not forget that Aela is a Nord. The passive for a Nord is that they have a high resistance to cold. There is also the Battle Cry that Nords have which causes enemies to flee in fear. Aela's got some options in base form too.

WeeklyBattles said:
Resisting cold =/├À preventing you from being frozen solid
It helps resist being frozen.

And again, when has ruby frozen someone solid? Making ice alround her would just have her break it anyways.

People of comparable strength to Aela in rwby canonically cannot break the ice created by ice dust without an external heat source

As a werewolf she can rip people on his level to shreds with absolute ease.

Forcing her to tranform is the worst possible thing ruby could do.

WeeklyBattles said:
People of comparable strength to Aela in rwby canonically cannot break the ice created by ice dust without an external heat source
If she does get trapped, she'll transform. And afaik, werewolf transformation amps AP and speed.

Ok I'm on break at my job so I don't have enough time to find quotes right now, but Dummer's resistance to fire can survive volcanic ash, the nords resistance to ice should be similar (Ruby still snipes Aela to death I just think freezing doesn't work)

Nords were really supposed to be immune to cold. They were in Morrowind, and were absolutely unbothered by the cold weather in Solstheim, even when naked. It's only later that they retconned it.

But yeah, the Nord resistance to frost matches the Dunmer resistance to fire, so encasing in ice shouldn't be too dangerous by itself.

The ice encasement itself isn't supposed to hurt her, it leaves her open to more deadly attacks like being cut in half by Crescent Rose

Ruby doesn't have the AP to cut her in half, she has armor, wjuch makes the whole cutting thing mostly null, and she herself has the dura to take attacks with no real problem.

As a werewolf she kinda stomps people on her level.

Bladed attacks make it so she does have the ap to do so, and she doesn't have armor covering her whole body so dismemberment and decapitation is entirely possible.

The werewolf also lacks precise ranged attacks, has no armor, and is the mindset that Ruby is used to fighting in beowolves. The werewolf would get killed much faster than if she stays in her humanoid form.

She also has no answer to Ruby's mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back