• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does Rumple even lead with his Precog?

I've watched some of the show and I never even knew he had precog.

I think he more likely to say something dumb and add the word "deary" to the end before GEOMing his way to victory.

Despite that, looking into the future and going for his next move takes time, ample time for Elli to think and destroy Rumple.

i might try give context why she normally AoE though i don't want to sound wanking. Basically in her restrictive state is just to open swastikas or see her opponents are too weak. In her full power she only went easy on kei because she was so weak and didn't bother (she can sense soul power) though with ren she just went all in on his face out of the gate. I'm just giving context and i'm could be incon but i just want to play it safe and see first

I mean, Rumple has technically already seen all of his future and already knows about this fight.

Also please read the whole thread, Rumple's Type 8 and Soulhax resistance are not to be ignored.

Also also, are we talking about thought-bases skills? Because Rumple can do this while still saying his "dearie" quotes (what he does not do in serious combat) and which is most liklely going to paralyze Eleonore. then she's done in so many ways I cannot possibly start to count.

It could be Inconclusive if it keeps going that way. Might turn into a "who-strikes-first" one. Nevertheless, if she's likely to underestimate opponents, she's most likely doing it (since Gold looks like a puny a regular old man).

Though I don't actually realize what "soul power" means.

she never really underestimates her opponent and soul power as in she can sense the power of the person cuz everyone in LDO can sense soul and yada yada

cuz AFAIK its like knowing the quantity or "quality" of the soul IIRC (could be wrong idk someone correct me if i misremember smth)

The Archdemon said:
I don't actually know how sensing the soul means sensing the level of power but whatever.
They can sense location, "color", the strength of a soul (or numerous souls), et cetera.

Also, now that I think about it, Rumple's probably resisting soul fuckery. I mean, he resisted the Darkness inside his heart (I don't have to explain what a heart is in OUAT again, do I?) for basically three hundred years. You know, the Darkness normally takes, corrupts and ultimately kills the souls in instants.

Hook did not endure a minute with it and Merlin's Apprentice could not stand against it, having his heart completely and utterly destroyed by the Darkness within seconds... and Rumple's around, resisting it for hundreds of years lol.

That's not how this works, this isn't apart of the series, and this isn't a future he saw. He can't have seen the future already before the fight, he can view it at the start of the fight. That's giving him prep for no good reason.

And how does Rumple have Type 8 if the person who kills the Dark One becomes the next Dark One?

I'm 99.99% sure that Elenore's soul shit is > than Rumples. All Einherjar have at least a hundred thousand souls, and an infinite supply coming from Reinhard's castle.

Also IIRC, Elenore is not one to take her opponents lightly as she is a very serious woman, despite outward appearances of others.

He paralyzed them with a finger wave, and as a way to get Robin to do what he wants. How likely is he to do that? Not very from my memory of the character. That's the problem.

Rumple's magic is versatile, but that means the likely hood of him using most of it is very unlikely. He might show an example of one ability in one scene in one episode in one season and never use it again. That means he can do the ability, but he isn't likely going to. Which could very well be the case for most of his abilities.

And why would Rumple BFR into another universe? Doesn't he usually BFR someone on the planet that he's in? You make it seem like just because Rumple ca do something, he immediately will. That doesn't take into account the character and actions of the said character.

You do not seem well versed in OUAT, my dude.

Yes, Rumple's got, just as any Dark One, Type 8. But yes, the one who kills him with this specific weapo becomes the next Dark One, because the dagger is the container of the Darkness, which is the source of the Dark One's powers.

How's that number of souls meaning anything, again?

No, he did not use a finger wave. He _thought._ The finger thing was done seconds before and to stop the arrow shot at him. Also, why is it a problem if something is out of your memory of the chracter? And yes, he's very likely to paralyze his enemies. You could argue that he used hand motions on both occasions but, as I have proved before, he does not need to.

Yeah, that's right, which is why we don't use his skills like Deathax, Soulhax (besides heart-rip, of course), Time Stop and several others. But some skills like BFR, teleportation, paralysis, transmutation, precog and such we use a lot, because these are his signature moves. Of course, there's heart-rip, which he would use in melee, but I was talking of ranged skills.

Not when he does not want them bothering him. The purpose of his BFR is to send his enemy somewhere he would be harmless. He could even send people to separete realms or just-created pocket realities so that they could not harm him.

I do take his actions into account. Come on, you're actually arguing that I, the one that argues that Rumple's cunning, diabolic personality gives him an edge in vs threads, do not take into account his actions? If that was the case I would have said Rumple would Law **** Eleonore's power since in this key he's capable of it.

I know little of the series. But what does that have to do with a vs debate? No precognitive person on the wiki has, and I quote: "I mean, Rumple has technically already seen all of his future and already knows about this fight." That's not how it works. Not even for people with 1-A precog like Yakou Madara. He can use his precog at the start of the fight, but no, he has not, "already seen this fight", that's preposterous.

But how does it work? Does it regenerate him right there? Does it bring him back at a certain location? What? Saying he comes back via the Darkness is nice, but where and how does he come back? If I recall correctly, I remember Rumple dying when he killed his dad Peter Pan, and he was resurrected like a few weeks or months later for the price of his son's life or something like that in a certain location that was a gathering spot for dark magic or something. Is that the Type 8? Because I don't think it's very effective in this fight if that's the case.

In Dies Irae, the souls of others empower the density of the soul of the magic caster. And the larger the number of souls that you can effect, the greater your resistance and manipulation of souls is.

Also, why does Rumple's paralysis matter? He used the ability when people tried to physically come after him, and even if Elli was still paralyzed, she can still think, which means she can still use her never-missing weaponry.

As I said, I know little of the series, so I was saying I don't know what he uses constantly in-character. That's why I asked.

Yeah, he ca send them to other realms, but AFAIK, he usually doesn't. What proof is there that out of all the places to BFR his opponent, that he'd pick an entirely separate reality, instead of across a town, or city, or country, or continent, or planet?

Also, thanks for the laugh. The thought of "Law-*******" a Dies Irae character is so ironically funny. Considering the thing about Hadou Gods is that emanate their laws to paint over creation in their color.

I mean, his Type 8's a little bit different. He does not resurrect after dying. He simply does not die. Quite simple. The reason why he died after killing Peter Pan was that he killed both, himself and Pan, with the dagger.

It matters because those who are paralysed by him do not realize what's happening around. I mean, it's most similar to Time Stop. Here's an example. So, once paralyzed, she won't be able to do anything else.

Because it is more natural for him to send people far, far away, to a place where they could not harm him. Here's an example. Yes, his vault exists in a separete reality, has no doors nor windows and cannot be accessed without teleportation.

He just doesn't die? What? That sounds like a big NLF. Wouldn't that give him Type 5 Immortality or something? Has anyone tried killing him without the dagger?

Fair. But again, there's no proof that he will use it instantly in this match before Elli thinks, especially as the other times come from them trying to rush at him.

I feel if I watched the series, I could find more instances of him BFRing someone to another part of the planet they are on, instead of to his vault. Especially when the characters are in the real world, and not the fairy tale one. And SBA means they are in Central Park, IIRC. Do you know of any instances of BFR when the characters were in New York?

I can see this being inconclusive at his pace.

Yes, they tried to kill him without the dagger and he did not die. That's it, he cannot die while the Darkness still exists (unless something that's capable of ignoring his immortality hits him, such as Excalibur or the Acheron's water).

Well, not quite. Paralysis is a strategic resource he would use in most of his serious fights. You know, his personality again.

But I suppose I'll switch to inconclusive since it's now become a "who thinks first".

My vote is for Rumple. Eleonore could potentially try to tag him with ethereal WWII tanks that never miss their target, but I doubt rumple would stand there and just be hit. Rumple puts Eleonore to sleep and sucks her into the world behind the mirror from which she cannot escape unless someone from the other side frees her. If that doesn't work Rumole Rios her heart out and command s her to kill herself while she's asleep.

Andre.avakian said:
My vote is for Rumple. Eleonore could potentially try to tag him with ethereal WWII tanks that never miss their target, but I doubt rumple would stand there and just be hit. Rumple puts Eleonore to sleep and sucks her into the world behind the mirror from which she cannot escape unless someone from the other side frees her. If that doesn't work Rumole Rios her heart out and command s her to kill herself while she's asleep.
Wot?

I'm going to take a guess and say it takes time to summon ethereal WWII tanks ? Is that's the case, Rumple still puts her to sleep with no problem.

um...it doesn't? It's literally thought based things. Where did you get the idea it will take time to summon those things even?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
um...it doesn't? It's literally thought based things. Where did you get the idea it will take time to summon those things even?
I don't know but summoning a huge WWII tank seems like a time consuming thing. I'm not right but that's where the assumption came from. The tank releases projectiles and those take time to hit Rumple. He teleports away puts Eleonore to sleep and summons a mirror to get rid of the projectiles. Can Eleonore's powers work while she's unconscious. If not then rumple doesn't have to teleport away. Just putting her to sleep would be enough.

Eleonore's Law makes it that her attacks aren't dodgeable. They can't be dodged, even by Wolfgang Schrieber, whose Law is to always be faster than his opponent. She can still hit him.

Rumple isn't dodging.

And just because something seems a certain way to you, doesn't mean it operates in that way. her abilities are thought based.

Warren Valion said:
Eleonore's Law makes it that her attacks aren't dodgeable. They can't be dodged, even by Wolfgang Schrieber, whose Law is to always be faster than his opponent. She can still hit him.

Rumple isn't dodging.

And just because something seems a certain way to you, doesn't mean it operates in that way. her abilities are thought based.
So via this law her attacks can keep on going even when she's unconscious ? How would the missiles do if they were trapped in another realm ? This isn't dodging this is BFRing an attack via a magic mirror

Yes I know it doesn't. After I was told they are I stopped insisting.

That's why this fight is inconclusive.

It's whoever thinks first, wins.

The thing is, we can't determine whoever would think first.

Back