• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rules Enforcement

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Currently only a few among the administrators seem to regularly help out with blocking rule-breakers within this wiki for long periods of time.

Being very strict with this practice is an extremely important part of our work, as it prevents the wiki from gradually spiralling into complete chaos.

CrossverseCrisis has consistently handled a large part of this responsibility, for which I am very grateful, but he needs regular assistance from the rest of the staff.

I would very much appreciate if entire staff would please try to help out with this task. Thank you.

Understood. However, I would just like to state that the Rules Violation Report thread must be utilized a lot more than it is currently is now, since it makes the jobs for the admins much easier to track rule breakers and deal with them appropriately.

Anyways, I will assist Cross as much as I can in regards to dealing with rule breakers, as there are some, suspicious accounts here that should be dealt with...

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Alright, I'll be more vigilant from now on. So when should I ban and when should I give a warning?

Reppuzan said:
Alright, I'll be more vigilant from now on. So when should I ban and when should I give a warning?
I'd say Warning comes from like a first petty offense by a new user or an obvious mistake by a user. Or if a user is usually harmless but slips up and says somethings they shouldn't.

Bans I think would be those BIG offenses or annoying people who just should not be on the site. Sockpuppet makers and more.

Well, it is hard to define an exact line, but we actually tend to ban permanently for BIG, or repeated, offenses, if the members are not very helpful in other respects.

Regardless, page vandalism and unacceptable disrespectful or unreasonable behaviour tends to lead to long blocks, whereas simple mistakes leads to warnings.

However, we should obviously also take into account whether the person in question is somebody who has contributed and been useful to the wiki othervise.

You can check out our rules-breaking report threads for some pointers regarding what we tend to do. CrossverseCrisis might also be willing to give input, but a good gauge tends to be to evaluate whether or not the person in question is somebody that you think the staff should have to deal with again. If they are mostly a destructive nuisance, it is better to save ourselves future time and energy.

Well, an issue with me is that the Rule Violation thread is currently too long for my computer to load without crashing, but if I see any particularly bad users otherwise, I'll do what I can.

Yup. To not become overwhelmed with work, we have to constantly get rid of all the users that cause problems, and are not helpful and productive.

I've given a lot of warnings the past few months but the users don't usually come back so no ban was necessary.

If you gave warning for minor offenses, that is fine, but bigger offenses should lead to blocks. We should not take any chances. The workload is enormous enough as it is.

Okay. Thanks for the help.

Noted and understood. I will glady try to help out if and when I can regarding this.

I was gonna report someone yesterday for excessive wank but I think I resolved it without needing to report him.

Thank you. I would appreciate if you check for suspicious edits to block vandals as well.

Yes. You have been helping out a lot with this. Thank you very much for the help.

Although I cannot ban, for the site and the staff I will keep an eye out more often and report any suspicious or rule breaking users.

@Ryu Thanks for the issue, I'll be doubly vigilant. I've talked with Foodie so I might be able to spot similarities with him and his socks.

@Dark no problem. And thank you for your work.

I would be cautious, but don't feel threatened. Remember that user who was like "YOU HAVE YOUR CHANCE AT PEACE AND YOU BLOW IT. I AM DECLARING WAR ON VS BATTLES. SO BE WARNED."

Suffice to say nothing came of it so be cautious but don't panic.

@Ant I'll try later. Not 100% available/online atm.

@Skod I also agree with you to be cautious but not panic or overly paranoid.

Back