• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruler VS Hunter Freemont

Alrighty then, let's get down to business...

Round 1 would most likely go to Ruler, as in character Hunter wouldn't kill and is pretty arrogant. Plus, I doubt anything other than his trait would permenantly put Ruler down, which Hunter usually sues as a finisher or last resort. By that time, he would already have beed destroyed a hundred times over.

Round 2 would likely go to Hunter in a really tough fight. Without anything holding him back, he wouldn't even need to summon a weapon to use his Void abilities. With Favours of the Fortunate, he could have just enough time to use Hallowed Reaping, Threads of Fate, Heaven's Judgement or Hell's Fury to seal the deal.

Round 3 would Also go to Hunter. Post-Revival Hunter is very much different from base as the powers of Conquest made him more powerful, and more humble. He is very aware and isn't above spamming all of his abilitis at once. Granted, it does drain him, but the Coat of Thorn usually backs him up. Also, a quick roundup of what cancels out what:

Disarmed > Gram

Spaced out + Timeless > Ars Paulina

Untouchable > Aestus Domus Aurea

Compulsary Existence + Counter Productivity > Nameless Forest

Colourfull > Kazikli Bey (As tress are part of the earth) and Prelati's Spell Book (Water)

Ideal Outcome + Constant Reality > The King's Glass Game

Backwards Improvement > Sword of Paracelcus

No Insurance > Avalon

Disconnection > Akhilleus Kosmos

Antivenom + None Direction > The Mist.

All these abilities aren't even offensive abilities, which Hunter has a plethorea of. BFR into the end of creation (Delete), freezing on an atomic level (Absolute Zero), turning Ruler into a black hole (Ground Control) etc.

Finally, Round 4 would also go to Hunter as nothing is holding both Hunter or Thorn (His coat) from wiping Ruler from the face of existeence by spamming all their abilities at once. Mind you, Thorn attacks on all levels of creation sans higher dimensional plains such as Eternal Space, so coming back from that is going to be really hard.

Timeless and Spaced out are countered by Ars Paulina, not the other way around.

None Direction is countered by the Mist screwing over his sense of direction and thus ability to control None Direction, not the other way around.

A++ Luck that warps fate and causality > Favours of the fortunate

Conceptually impaling branches that can be grown from any part of Ruler's body, combined with Eyes of the Mind and SNI telling him the best way to fight with them > Disarmed

Ruler rewrite the world with a law that disallows Hunter's powers and says he cannot exist > Compulsory existence

If Hunter regenerates from a wound that would be lethal to a normal person (e.g. a branch impaling him through the heart) even once while he is in Patchwork Soul, he becomes (re) born of Patchwork Soul, and nothing he can do can affect Ruler, while Ruler can just bypass all of his resistaces and immunities (Colourful, Untouchable, Inhuman Sold, Thoughtless, Physical Lock, etc)

Several of Hunter's counter abilities are things that need to be manually activated, which I doubt he could do before the effect has occured.

Also, I notice Hunter has no resistance to mind manipulation. Just by seeing the branches he'd become terrified and disorientated, and with Ruler's supernatural charisma he could convince Hunter to stop fighting just by talking to him a bit. Also, Nameless Forest would leave him vegetative, even if it can't erase him permanently

Literally everything in Patchwork Soul is the embodiment of a World, and cannot be even scratched by anything short of an Anti-World class ability. It's a conceptual defense in addition to physical power - unless the ability's purpose and concept is centred around destroying planets/worlds, it won't be able to harm Patchwork Soul's environment in any way, even if it would normally have the power to destroy a planet.

And with CCC, Ruler could just write a law into reality that says Hunter cannot use his powers and cannot exist. And if Hunter does somehow regenerate from that, his regenerated body will qualify as "born of patchwork soul" and everything he can do to Ruler will be lolnoped.

As for killing Ruler...

Godhand means that no attack that is not A rank (in terms of Rank, not power) will be able to penetrate Ruler's skin. That means that only Hunter's most high quality attacks will be able to penetrate Ruler's skin. It also means that any attack to penetrate Ruler's skin will never be able to do so again. Andreias Amarantos means that if Hunter or his weapon/attacks is not divine in nature, it won't be able to penetrate his skin, and even if it is divine it needs to be on the level of a true gods divinity, not just a demigod or nature spirit, or else the attack's damage will be reduced. Effectively, Ruler has 2 layers of invulnerability that must be bypassed, and once an attack has bypassed it, that attack will never be able to do so again.

Assuming Absolute Zero gets passed the invulnerability, it will do nothing as Ruler can just create a different body to use. Delete will do nothing, as Ruler could just Enfer Chateau D'lf back in time, or create a new body at any point in space-time anyway, and it won't work on his soul/conciousness because his consciousness is already at all points throughout space-time, including its very end. Ground control turning Ruler into a black hole wouldn't work for the same reasons (not to mention that if it is a real black hole as "control over gravity" would imply, he'd be well above 7-C or even 5-C likely)

Can he (and would he know to) destroy the 4 dimensional construct that is Ruler's soul/mind, that is effectively omnipresent? Its a 4-D construct compared to Threads of Fate, Hallowed Reaping, Hell's Fury and Heaven's Judgment which are all 3-D abilities. Ruler's soul is literally 2 degrees of infinity greater than them. And when Hunter is in Patchwork Soul can he destroy the soul/mind that exists across Space-time, and when he is in space-time can he destroy the soul/mind that exists in Patchwork Soul?

Can he kill every living thing in the infinite worlds of Patchwork Soul? At once? because those worlds are endlessly being created and duplicated at the behest of Akasha itself? Because Ruler won't die without that happening.

And with God-Father's Authority, within Patchwork Soul, nothing Hunter does that involves using the surrounding environment, or the creation/growth of anything new, can affect Ruler.

Also, Hunters "conquer anything he puts his mind to" and all related abilities, strike me as a form of reality warping and mind manipulation. Ruler is highly resistant to both.

Ruler also freely uses SNI in the middle of battle, so he would know to do all this first thing if he wants to survive, and would not hesitate.

Actually hang on. This is post revival base. Does he even have any of the conquest abilities, let alone all of them?

Post-Revival Base has the conquest abilities, albeit not as powerful as his powered up forms, they still work on regular Valkyries, whom are 4-B.

Also, Ideal Outcome is conceptual manipulation, not really reality warping. Hunter could change the truth of Rulers abilities so that they don't work against him. As for the offese department, Hunter could freeze Ruler to absolute zero temperatures, or use his gravity manipulation to turn Ruler into a black hole.

If Conquest abilities work on 4-B beings, why is Hunter not 4-B?

Neither of those offensive abilities would be able to put Ruler down, nor would Delete.

Ideal Outcome needs to be activated in response to each attack. Ruler's sheer variety of abilities would counter that. Plus Ruler could just rewrite the world and its concepts or create a law that says that won't work.

Also, Ideal Outcome seems powerful at first, but has one major logical weakness - If the opponent knows about it and what it does (which SNI will let Ruler know automatically). So Ruler knows about it - He attacks. He has two simultanously lines of though going on: "this attack will work if Hunter does not use IO" and "This attack will not work if Hunter uses IO". If hunter does not use IO, "this attack will work" becomes the only thought, and the attack goes through without problem. But if Hunter does use IO, "This attack will not work" becomes the only thought, and IO reverses it to make the attack work anyway.

SNI means Ruler knows what Hunter can do, how Hunter can do it, and precisely what he needs to do to stop it. And unlike the original user, Ruler does not restrict SNI out of pride. He will use it from the start.

Also, I might get rid of the bloodlusted rounds actually.

Also, I just realised I forgot to add The Twin Blessings of the Olympians to Ruler's page. Oops, doing that now. He's had it since the end of the first season though, you can check the threads if you want.

Hax that works on hire tiered beings doesn't always count as that character's hax. I mean look at Reinhard, he is 6-A but can affect beings on a way higher scale.

True, but absolute zero and gravity manipulation that work on 4-B beings would qualify a character for 4-B. Only abilities like mind manip, soul manip, and time manip that deal not direct damage on their own wouldn't change their tier. Gravity manipulation and ice manipulation that can affect 4-Bs would make a character 4-B because they are directly and physically affecting them

Whoops, looks like I need to adjust the tiering a little. Likely 4-B with Conquest should suffice.

But just to clarify, Patchwork Soul is it's own universe right? Would swapping to a different timeline work for Hunter?

Edit: Thorn can also steal abilities when Conquest boosted, bringing Hunter to Ruler's level if needed.

Hunter still gets trashed in Round 1 though.

Patchwork Soul is its own universe, but there are no "variations" or alternate timelines of it, as each duplicate is exactly the same, just a new copy. It exists beyond the infinite parallel worlds of space-time, and doesn't really have either time or space, just something that seems to act like it. Hunter could theoretically shuffle to a higher or lower copy of Patchwork Soul, but it wouldn't help because they are all the same, and Ruler can also travel to any of them by collapsing or expanding the worlds as necessary.

Also, Compulsory Existence looks more like Mid-Godly than High-Godly. Just pointing that out, it doesn't affect the fight either way.

Yeah, Hunter gets trashed round 1. He might be physically stronger, but even if he can somehow keep up with Ruler's hax, Ruler would just get annoyed in the end and create a manifestation in the past to kill him before he became Pestilence.

I'm more wondering about Round 2. It's the Conquest abilities that make it interesting. Can they get past Ruler's intangibiltiy? Can they get past Ruler's two (potentially 3) types of invulnerabilty? Can they get past Ruler's types 8 and 9 immortality? Can they do all this before Ruler decides to write a law saying Hunter can't use his powers or exist?

What abilities can Thorn steal exactly?

Thorn (Hunter's coat) has all the powers of the Void, what this means if that Hunter can basically use the powers of all the Void users on his planet. To put it in perspective, you know the Quirks from Boku no Hero Academia? Imagine a guy who can use every single one of them, that's basically Thorn.

However, for the sake of arguement, let's just say it's really powerful reality warping, Thorn is automatic and will protect Huner from any and all incoming attacks. This means that if Ruler tries to pull anything, Thorn will react to it and let Hunter know.

Thanks to Ruler's Confirmed Existence, by Gaia, Alaya and Akasha itself, it is incredbily difficult for him to be affected by Reality Warping and Plot Manipulation. Thanks to his Confirmed Existence, Ruler can't warp himself to keep gaining powers anymore, which means his resistance to reality warping is at the very minimum on the level of warping a person into their own space-time universe of infinite demon pillars who's physical body can act as the Sun and have the planets orbit around them , and is potentially to the level of just below Akasha.

So if Thorn tries to protect Hunter by warping Ruler or anything directly connected to him it will get noped hard. If it works by warping hunter or the surroundings though, that is a different story. What's the method it works by?

Well the original Void used her reality warping to give others powers. She was very capable of using them herself, but of course on a level much higher than the people she gave it to. I don't think they would work well against Ruler though, given his lolnope comes from a higher dimesional.

I think it all comes down to: can Ruler take down Hunter's High-Godly regen?

He only has High-Godly in Post-Revival correct?

If so, yes. Ruler CCCs everything and rewrites the laws of causality and existence to say "Hunter's powers do not work", "Hunter cannot exist" and "If Hunter does exist he will immediately not exist"

Sorry, I was gone for a camp.

Anyway, I don't actually see a way Hunter can beat Ruler. I think we have a decisive victory here.

I'm alright with that.

Man, Hunter was supposed to be the haxiest of all the Horsemen. Didn't think he would be beaten by Fate OC. Oh well, I still have other haxed characters.

Alright, I'll add it to Ruler, you can add it to Hunter.

Well, Ruler is more broken than pretty much any Fate character bar Gilgamesh or BB, and even then it would be a realy tought fight.

Also was wondering if you wanted to join the Second VSBattle Wiki Grail War?

Nah, I haven't really watched any of the Fate shows. I did start on Fate/Zero, but I kinda stopped watching after episode 2 or 3.

Back