• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fandom's TOS does say you need to be at least 13. Exception is if you're using a parent or guardian's Email address and they actively supervise what you do, say, or engage online. If we can have clarifications that those are check, perhaps. But if not, a 2 year block so, "He'll be old enough now" might be reasonable. Prefer to here from other staff before taking action however.

I know of other users below 13 on the site. Honestly, its not a big deal and it's not our problem. Those types of rules really just exist to mitigate liability issues for fandom. A ban seems unnecessary.

Yes, I think that it is too draconian to ban him for his age, but maybe somebody should warn him that some of the material here might be unsuitable for young visitors?

He seems to spam a lot of stupid posts though. That could turn into a problem.

Yeah, another reason you are supposed to create accounts at a later age is so you know what you're talking about. He seems to not understand multiple rules and norms, so it is possible he simply shouldn't be using the wiki yet.

Yes, but it seems harsh to just shut off this kid without an explanation.

Perhaps somebody/somebodies could talk with him?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Mulgara

Goes on to multiple Dragon Ball threads, verbally attacking anyone who disagrees with his ideas that Canon Beerus is 2-B, that Broly (Dragon Ball Super) is stronger than Gogeta (Dragon Ball Super) (which is explicity shown as otherwise and pointed out on their pages), that GT is 1-A via feats alone; no matter how many times on how many threads every point he raises is debunked, he continues pestering other users non-stop and insisting that anyone who doesn't believe what he says is either trolling, commiting fallcies and more.

^ I agree

He constantly brings and goes on a rant how DBS GoD tiers are at least 2-B and Xeno characters are at a 1-C, and anyone who disagrees, he calls them out and demands proof and sources, however when they do, he denies with no evidence himself. Also in a debate on his wall, whenever he claims somthing, he doesn't cite it to back things up. Saying this wiki is "wrong" and how he is trying to "prevent misinformation". When someone suggests that he should make a CRT about it to upgrade said certain characters, he doesn't even bother. Him trying to upgrade characters, I can understand, but for the fact that he is CONSTANTLY doing it with no sources to back it up, calling people who disagrees with him "in denial", he even brings this up in some versus threads saying Beerus is 2-B even tho he isn't here, and even called someone ignorant before editing his comment. I think someone should just message on his wall, give him a warning, and tell him to stop trying to upgrade characters unless he's gonna make a CRT and also stop bringing up that said character is this tier (EX: 2-B Canon Beerus) in versus threads since he's consistently doing it.

Same, but, for the sake of fairness, I have given him a warning and a link to this thread. We'll see how he respinds, if at all.

He does sound quite obnoxious, and I agree he should be given a warning. We have had people who were more expressive in the exaggerations and more condescending. If he ignores the warning or refuses to shape up, a short ban could be in order, but a warning is better for now.

Oh yeah, his individual posts seemed like light trolling, but I guess I could block him since he isn't productive at all given the spam derail posts.

Anttron224 said:
I've seen this kind of behavior before, I think they're memeing based on this
Hgzfzviztsz11
Gotta say, that gave me a very good laugh.

But is a joke, if the guy will contribute with nothing more but the same joke, then I don't see reason for him staying here.

As Blue said, Joke Battle would be better for this lad.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Maybe give him a warning first?
I agree with this. Giving an infinite ban over something that's just a really light jab isn't much of a good reason. A warning seems more appropriate because it's relatively inoffensive.

Yeah I'd support either a warning or a short ban.

I'm pretty sure that simply warning him is just going to be an "Okay Boomer" response. Anyway, if all they do is spam a bunch of memes that have nothing to do with the threads he's posting on and coming to the RVR thread to do the same, that's a typical troll that's not needed and it's not like we need to wait for them to do something seriously damaging.

But anyway, there's no need to clutter up the thread.

Edit: Didn't see Agnaa's comment, but I don't might shortening his block to a few weeks to a month?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm pretty sure that simply warning him is just going to be an "Okay Boomer" response.
This isn't a realistic assumption we can make unless he did something similar already when he was asked to stop. It's not really harming anyone and is just an annoyance, I don't see why that warrants an infinite ban when those are usually reserved for more serious cases. Not saying that he isn't doing typical troll things either, just that it's inoffensive and isn't necessarily on the same level of harming the wiki as saying posting **** or imitating other users is.

Short ban seems good here, yeah.

I shortened his ban to two weeks.

But I have banned and wham'd the JohnCena guy. He was posting ****.

I would also appreciate if somebody has a polite explanation talk with the 11-years old kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back