• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a tad concerned about how we began trying to find his identity rather than discussing what was in the imgur.

And about the fact that it was the "beginning server toxicity"

The Wright Way said:
It was one of Mckmal's old copy pastas. Really wish I knew how to unremove posts so you could see that.
Like I said, it wasn't JUST the copypasta, the first 7 images from the album weren't the copypasta. But I can confirm that the rest of it was just people posting that pasta.

I don't care for his identy here. But in Discord, I need to know. Especially since it's a server in which I am a mod in and want to question him.

Agnaa said:
Could be trolling, could be whistleblowing. It's still worth investigating, if it's trolling and none of the stuff is bannable, we'll get to that conclusion in due time.

This isn't the first time someone has leaked discord screenshots of other site users. And with the way discord plays a part in vs debating nowadays, it won't be the last.
You are misunderstanding and looking at it from the wrong direction.

The posts linked within the imgur drop were from 2018 and early 2019, a new user would not have access to them unless they were deliberately fishing for it, this is a completely new account and their first post was the link without context, comparing that the someone who is a trusted member here isn't proper.

I don't think discord stuff should necessarily be punishable here either, but this isn't the same thing.

For argument's sake, what is exactly stopping the person from adding to their comment saying they think this should be reported? Or anything? Why is it the first instinct to make an account and come post in a RVT with an image dump containing an inappropriate copypasta about someone they don't know? How would they have even stumbled across said discord to find those old comments in the first place if he was a brand new user?

This guy is so obviously a troll that I don't even know why we're debating this.

1. His first post in the entire site is on the RVR.

2. It's literally just a picture of people shit talking VSBW.

3. The picture itself doesn't relate to anyone here, I don't recognize any members in that chat.

4. The pictures are incredibly old.

5. His username come from a controversial politician, which I've noticed trolls really like doing for some reason.

It's all right in that link, which I've restored. Anyone can see that. Now can we move on to more important things?

Maybe they didn't want to be tracked down and interrogated (like DatOne is trying to do right now) or harassed, like has happened to every other person who has leaked discord server logs to the RVT before?

Yep, I will propose why we need a 6 month ban minimun and 9 month maximum for John Cena nation:

1. He has gotten multiple bans for this stuff before, he knows that he shouldn't do this.

2. He has created multiple spite threads after the ban like some Soul King matches and spiting him

3. Insulting a whole people is a no/no.

@WrightWay

1. Could be a whistleblower.

2. Presumably, those users are site users shit talking other people on site.

3. It does relate to many people here. I recognize multiple of them, many of which immediately dismissed this report as a troll.

4. Okay, if we decide not to punish because they're old that's our decision.

5. I guess.

Agnaa said:
Maybe they didn't want to be tracked down and interrogated (like DatOne is trying to do right now) or harassed, like has happened to every other person who has leaked discord server logs to the RVT before?
Then why not say that? Why rusk getting mistaken for a troll. It's literally just pictures of people shit talking VSBW on a Discord from years ago. There's no "whistleblowing" going on because none of the members in that thread are or ever have been a part of this site as far as I can tell. I get where you're coming from, but you're defending a troll here buddy.

Agnaa said:
Then you can provide context or elaborate like everyone else who drops a link to something important, not drop the link on its own and expect people to understand your intentions, that's counter-productive.

Agnaa said:
@WrightWay

1. Could be a whistleblower.

2. Presumably, those users are site users shit talking other people on site.

3. It does relate to many people here. I recognize multiple of them, many of which immediately dismissed this report as a troll.

4. Okay, if we decide not to punish because they're old that's our decision.

5. I guess.
Wait, what? Who do you recognise?

@WrightWay Then why not say that? Why rusk getting mistaken for a troll.

Because not everyone is a perfectly logical being who knows the exact perfect way to go through a situation.

It's literally just pictures of people shit talking VSBW on a Discord from years ago.

"Years" feels like a misleading way of framing it, the screenshots are all from 2019, some from the latter half.

There's no "whistleblowing" going on because none of the members in that thread are or ever have been a part of this site as far as I can tell.

Wait, what? Who do you recognise?

DatOneWeeb admitted to being a mod in that server. The person clearly identified in the last screenshot (Tod#6039) is SadisticSleuth. I would not be surprised if other people there were wiki members.

I get where you're coming from, but you're defending a troll here buddy.

Even if they were a troll, it's our duty to look at the evidence and come to a reasonable conclusion. If Mckmal posted evidence that Ant abused his position to sexually harass people, and we could prove it credible, then I'd want it acted on.

@Abstractions Then you can provide context or elaborate, not drop a link on its own and expect people to understand your intentions, that's counter-productive.

I'm not going to dismiss evidence because someone acted suboptimally.

Alright, then. My apologies. If there are current active members in those screenshots, then we need to act more cautiously. The post will remain up for the time being.

The Wright Way said:
So, to clarify, are Vriska and Tod the same person? I'm not familiar with Discord's layout.
Yes, they are. You can set a specific nickname within one server, while you have another account name that persists between all servers.

Vriska is the server name, Tod is the account name.

Yes, they are. You can set a specific nickname within one server, while you have another account name that persists between all servers.

Vriska is the server name, Tod is the account name.

Then the game is up for Sleuth at least. The question now is, what do we do with him?

I'll be occupied for a moment, keep the discussion going.

I'd like to mention that the "ANTVASIMA AND VS BATTLES WIKI DISS-TRACK" and Ant x Matt slashfic are both copypastas originally made by trolls, rather than his sincere thoughts or own creation.

The only legitimate thing for him is the "top ten worst debators list". Even putting my thoughts on not banning for Discord stuff aside, I wouldn't think that'd be bannable.

If we're going to go to the Bloomberg 2020 post...

I don't get the point of some of these screenshots.

• Ship bot with matt and ant
  • Someone just saying bleach isn't bad
  • Someone saying ant is in his 30s and someone else saying it's weird for a late 20 year old to hang out with 14-17 year olds, which does seem weird to me too
Most of the others are just posting old mckmal copypastas on a discord, and I also don't think it's really bannable just to say you don't like some staff or non staff on the wiki.

Let's ignore the Mikebloomberg2020 troll account and remove the post please. This is very similar to the way other such temporary troll accounts have behaved and what they have posted previously.

So, about UpgradeMan. Would the rest of you be fine with a 6 month ban?

I don't think this is him, probably. As for the ban, go right ahead. Its a deliberate breaking of rules and no amount of being nice and well behaved is going to change that.

I meant that a 6 month ban seems more balanced than a permanent one.

Well, you don't know His true face, considering how he hide His sock for whole year, he probably also hide His true face, this just my opinion.

I haven't checked all the evidence myself, but if it's proven that he was using socks to argue in threads, a 6 month block is minimum

Okay. I am fine with 6 months. (He was apparently only using a sockpuppet to agree with himself on 2 occasions that we know of.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back