• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
People who make sock accounts typically get perma bans. I don't see why we should make an exception here.
Really? I think I remember people that weren't permabanned the first time not getting permabans for having socks.

The thing is that people who make sock accounts typically have bad intentions, and so are already permabanned, or they only make a sock to insult people, resulting in a permaban.

In my experience here people who create socks get perma banned since if they're trying to evade a ban, then that would indicate they have no intention of following the rules.

I think that a 3 month block should be enough as long as he is not actively destructive or malicious.

He does seem like he's shaped up at least a bit, but I'm still a bit dubious. What does everyone else think?

I'm a bit cautious, no matter how many chances I gave ZaStando, he seemed to always start drama. So I'm not too sure about this. Anyone else wants to give their opinion?

Just saying, not only did GreenCyan make a sock, he continued to do the exact same thing that he was warned + blocked for on this sock account. He 100% seems like a troll to me, which along with the sockpuppet thing made me advocate for a permban.

Either way I always believe the punishment should fit the crime and tbh we want to promote a healthy/open discussion atmosphere here; folks that continue to break that atmosphere to the point of creating socks (after getting multiple warnings as well as a ban), come across as too much trouble for their worth imo (sorry if that came off as a bit too strict but that's just how I feel).

As for ZaStando27; I honestly don't know (since I was pretty new here when he got banned) but I'll remain neutral on that situation for now.

Idk about Zastando coming back again, but if he doesn't do anything bad then there's no harm right? If he does it again just don't give him a second chance, but I am neutral about this

I do not remember so well, but I think that part of it was that he relentlessly argued to exaggerate the statistics for Sonic characters to insane degrees.

It wasn't just him exaggerating Sonic statistics to extreme levels; like first it was High 1-C, but rather they were threads that had OPs that were over a 100 paragraphs long. And the fact that he was doing all of that while trying to downplay Mario Bros using completely out of context stuff. It's a sign of clear irrational Bias, which I'm not saying that's ban worthy unless people are really aggressive about it. He didn't seem too well or mis-behaved, but his threads were indeed all over the place and it was very problematic for the staff to deal with and the proposals were severe on both ends. Making your favorite verse go from 2-C to 1-A and an opposite verse go from 2-B at their peak to something like Tier 7 or less was the thing to sink in about how extreme that is.

And he did get three or more warnings and simply a 3 month block at the time. He did shape up when he came back and only advocated for 2-A via merging continuities. Which wasn't too bad, plus he seemed more well behaved and considerate then. The second time he was banned, it was because ShadowWarrior1999 was literally making fun of him on Discord for believing in 1-A Sonic. And ZaStando did confront him on his wall and sort of harassed him. Though him attacking Shadow was definitely uncalled for, and he should have informed a staff member instead of confronting him directly. But he felt understandably personally attacked. Perhaps a permanent ban was rather excessive, and I don't think he'll be trying too hard to get Sonic upgraded or any opposing verses downgraded now. But the hard part I see here now is the unhealthy relationships between the Sonic fandom in general.

I know Bambu and HR group are still talking about what to do with Corgi and his friends, but I will at least say that we should avoid any hasty decisions is all I have to say. I'm more neutral on letting ZaStando or EarthyBoy back, but they must promise not to go too overboard with their content revisions while also staying well behaved. I believe BlitzSevenTeen should be allowed back; it seems he's not a sock of ZaStando.

We already decided before that ZaStando can't come back, I don't know why he thinks this time would be any different. ZaStando would only cause trouble by lashing out at people who don't agree with his exaggerated tiering on Sonic. Then when people express their distaste for how he acts, he frames it as them "cyberbullying" him. He already made a promise to behave before only to act up again and that's what got him permanently banned.

Oh and this part of his comment "I just remembered that before my second ban I received no warning which is concerning, I'm of the few members of the wiki who has received no warning"

This is wrong as Ant told him to stop but he didn't listen and still kept going so then he got banned.

Medeus seems to make sense to me as well.

I also agree Perhaps a permanent ban was too much. I think allowing Zastando and Blitz back on should help to bridge the gap between the staff here and many of the Sonic fans.

^Ok that's seems pretty clear cut tbh, I saw that behaviour too.

EDiT: Ngl his blog was pretty hilarious to read however this Wiki isn't for political debate and bringing politics/social commentary into fiction rarely ends well.

Also I don't mind either way if folks gets unbanned, just as long as the folks are still redeemable (like I said earlier some will never change).

The third example sounds more like a joke; it is suspicious, but I don't think it's too ban worthy. And me an Ant already addressed the problems with that blog, but deleting said blog would probably be best. The first example however was uncalled for, and Dargoo warned him about it. But I have to run to work now, so I can't handle anything ATM.

We should probably get rid of him, yes. He has a too disrespectful attitude. He also created the "Outlier Manipulation" blog, that was a personal attack on me. I had to clean it up a bit and delete some posts of his that insulted me.

Except that I am a moderate conservative anti-globalist of course, which I have got into repeated trouble for, although a very left-leaning one in terms of economic policy, and I'm still somehow your chosen target.

You know when you're unreliable, you made 80 broken, poorly made profiles which you refuse to help in fixing, even insulting the person and even doing lite-trolling out of spite against them?

It's all fun and games, right? Except when mom has to come home and clean the room while you're sitting around asking her to **** off. Acceptable behaviour? No.

Vouching for the ban

Yes. This is not acceptable behaviour.

Look, I'll be honest, Corgi.

I'm normally the kind of person to defend people making jokes to any extent, even to the point of being outright offensive. But you're really causing a lot of trouble here. You don't just make offensive jokes and comments, you outright direct them towards specific people in quite blatantly passive aggressive ways and then call off all blame on yourself afterwards by saying that it's "all just a joke".

The ability to take a personally offensive joke is a virtue, not an obligation. Action will have to be taken if you keep going out of your way to directly target and offend people.

Overall I think a ban is too extreme (given the context), sure a more stern warning but it's not like he say or did anything overly malicious but that's just my two cents.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Overall I think a ban is too extreme (given the context), sure a more stern warning but it's not like he say or did anything overly malicious but that's just my two cents.
He called everyone here libtards. That's pretty ******* malicious if you ask me.

Antvasima said:
Except that I am a moderate conservative anti-globalist of course, which I have got into repeated trouble for, although a very left-leaning one in terms of economic policy, and I'm still somehow your chosen target.
You just behavior very admin like. It's just that funny ironically. Nothing more.

DarkGrath said:
Look, I'll be honest, Corgi.
I'm normally the kind of person to defend people making jokes to any extent, even to the point of being outright offensive. But you're really causing a lot of trouble here. You don't just make offensive jokes and comments, you outright direct them towards specific people in quite blatantly passive aggressive ways and then call off all blame on yourself afterwards by saying that it's "all just a joke".

The ability to take a personally offensive joke is a virtue, not an obligation. Action will have to be taken if you keep going out of your way to directly target and offend people.
Discord doesn't count.

I usually try as best as I can to be polite, respectful, and professional, but I also get annoyed, frustrated, and impatient during some especially tiresome discussions. I am far from perfect.

Schnee, if you make Discord shenanigans the problem on the wiki, that's on you. Not me because I choose it to be on Discord to not make it said problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back