• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this is getting massively out of hand. Human Resources is a thng, even if we don't agree with their decisions.

If you guys are gonna throw accusations around, I'd advise bringing proof. Keep your personal feelings out of it.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Everyone here needs to calm down. Like, NOW.

This is NOT the place to talk about this, this is a private matter that should be discussed with human resources, other staff members, etc. Cluttering up this thread with angry outbursts and insults is NOT going to solve the problem here.
Strongly agreed. Let's please drop this matter immediately.

Are people really pushing for 2-C Bleach? Oh boy, I can understand where Matt is coming from.

Matthew was making an analogy, I'm not sure why people think an analogy is a literal argument where everything must reflect people's view and be a real argument they make.

I am not sure what everybody involved think will get accomplished by making an already very chaotic situation get increasingly worse. Please calm down. Everything here is a work in progress. We are trying our best, but can only gradually fix any problems given the sheer size of the wiki.

Can we just

calm down

and collect ourselves

thank you for any of you who are not acting like some of those above. as for those who are, you're just making things worse

The Causality said:
I could be a dick if i say that but currently, VSB is too "easy" for some Upgrade, or at least it's the thing i've noticed.
Like I said it's the Echo Chamber problem. People only care about the verses they like, and they create impenetrable walls around these verses that make it impossible for outside people to chime in, and since debates are invariably won through gish-galloping and battles of attrition here, these people usually get what they want all the time through tiring the opposition and writing TL;DR posts.

And nobody cares because while a group is busy getting their character to absurdly high levels, the other people are focusing on their own character.

VBW has become too bloated for its own good. We've reached a point where the community is too big to be trusted in.

The Wright Way said:
Hoo boy, this is gonna go south fast.

Before this escalates into a flame war, I'd like to remind both sides to try to keep calm. Especially sense Matt's opinions can be ratger controversial at times (not gonna say anything more on that as I lack the knowledge too.)

Bias and Admin abuse can be frustrating, but please try to keep from saying something you'll regret.
Just gonna restate this before this gets any worse.

The problem is that we need an open rule violation report thread in order to report any genuine problems in the wiki, so I will have to start a new one instead.

If it is possible I would prefer if everybody involved please restrain themselves from any further comment about this topic, and it is possible that all of the more hostile posts should be deleted in order to not provoke any further acceleration of the conflict.

I would also greatly appreciate if the HR group step in and handle this quickly. I am not exaggerating about my autism. I can handle repetitive meticulous organisation work fine, but am not suited to handling social drama. In addition, I am extremely overworked.

This comment isn't intended for the topic above but I'll take this opportunity to address an unrelated general point, especially when the thread is already closed.

The Causality said:
I could be a dick if i say that but currently, VSB is too "easy" for some Upgrade, or at least it's the thing i've noticed.

I'm sorry but this is true. I've also been noticing this problem lately. Unlike some other wikis who, after a long and definite discussion, set some ratings in stone, we invite much more discussion and that's not a bad thing. The bad thing is that we have been too lenient with this. And this is the reason for Matt's frustration, basically what he's calling a battle of attrition.

Anyway, what happened wasn't something to go overboard for. Everyone should calm down. Both parties should try to be a little thoughtful and considerate before escalating matters, or literally blowing them out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back