• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

a user being from a non english speaking country is going to need more then a "no and this is horrendous" we see countless examples of this user understanding and agreeing with CGMS when he is explained why what he calculated is wrong
Indeed, they do understand it.

Then they proceed to make another calc with the same awry methodology.

And they do it again.

And it repeats until I just muster a passing "no" and "this is horrendous". That's what it means when there's a lack of genuine learning to the mistakes, the same dumb stuff that's been rejected gets rejected again despite explanations given, and at some point there's only an application of force to be made.

Sharing IP (even if it is a joke) is strictly not allowed under forum ToS and Fandom Guidelines. At minimum, the post needs to be deleted immediately, and an official warning should be given to the user.

@TaiwaneseScaler as a rage bait joke, posted an IP address copy-pasta here.

While its not the user's IP, I believe this would still fall under inappropriate behavior. Would this just be a warning or is a ban of some form needed?
I closed the thread since the question was answered

I would support a warning, indeed. Though considering he kept the trolling behavior even after that, wouldn't mind something a bit harsher.

If it is a ToS violation rather than just this wiki's own standards, I'd say a 6 month ban is what you should go for. And he even insisted on keeping his trollish behavior either way, so I don't mind banning him

Ya, it is a ToS violation. Doxxing or sharing IP is strictly not allowed according to forums ToS and Fandom guidelines. I was not aware of his trollish behaviour, so this seems a second-string reason to get him banned.

6 months ban seems satisfactory in this occurrence.
They seem to be rather clueless, I don't support a ban. A warning is at best for me.
I don't see how is this a defense. The behaviour afterwards doesn't exactly imply the cluelessness at all.

And once again, the same topic has been discussed previously for several days.

Being clueless about a rule does not exempt you from punishment.

And they do it again.

And it repeats until I just muster a passing "no" and "this is horrendous". That's what it means when there's a lack of genuine learning to the mistakes, the same dumb stuff that's been rejected gets rejected again despite explanations given, and at some point there's only an application of force to be made.
You do know that the reasons for rejection are all different in the speed calculations shown here, right?

here agnaa told me this is very inconsistent

There is no evidence that the trigger was pulled before reacting here.

This was rejected because it wasn't an escape feat.

and here I realized my mistake and asked you a question so I could calculate it in another way but you didn't answer

Reasons for rejection are not the same

I also need to remind you that you also accepted an illogical calculation.

Zefra says that YU's speed is 14 m/s and finds J's speed to be 1731 m/s. This means J is 123 times faster than Yu

As someone who has read the Boxer series, I say that J is much slower than YU because when these two fight, YU beats J very well. If J was really 123 times faster than YU, J could easily dodge YU's punches, but he couldn't.

It is not really about speed or AP calculation at all; rather, it pertains to the underlying issue concerning your communication and lack of cooperation. The issue revolves around your failure to understand and adhere to the guidelines. As this has become repetitive, there should be some enforcement measures applied to the user.

I'll delete it now, but if a ToS thing then I would say we should at least give a six month ban. If not longer.
Please have mercy on the punishment. I understand and admit what I did was wrong I won't do it again. I'll make more contributions to redeem myself.

Like making more thread to help profiles

Ya, it is a ToS violation. Doxxing or sharing IP is strictly not allowed according to forums ToS and Fandom guidelines. I was not aware of his trollish behaviour, so this seems a second-string reason to get him banned.

I don't see how is this a defense. The behaviour afterwards doesn't exactly imply the cluelessness at all.

Please have mercy 🙏 Won't do again I understand what I did I just ask for a lower punishment like a warn.

If it is a ToS violation rather than just this wiki's own standards, I'd say a 6 month ban is what you should go for. And he even insisted on keeping his trollish behavior either way, so I don't mind banning him
I won't act trollish again I understand it was my fault and I deserve a punishment but all I ask is to lower it to a warn and If I do anything of the sort again I'll take a Perma ban unless you all have a 3 warn ban rule.

Please 🙏

They seem rather naive to me instead of harbouring malicious intentions. Nonetheless, I'm not a big fan of straight-up banning someone simply because they wanted to have fun and do some stupid crap just for lols, feels rather harsh. I'm all in with a warning since TaiwaneseScaler was in a mocking attitude towards Twilight after being told it's not allowed. But if the majority here is leaning towards a ban then I won't heavily contest, just saying we should give them a second chance because they seem to be a genuine contributing member rather than a troll.

It is not really about speed or AP calculation at all; rather, it pertains to the underlying issue concerning your communication and lack of cooperation. The issue revolves around your failure to understand and adhere to the guidelines. As this has become repetitive, there should be some enforcement measures applied to the user.
I don't lack communication, I notice my mistakes immediately and I won't make the same mistake again.

@TaiwaneseScaler as a rage bait joke, posted an IP address copy-pasta here.

While its not the user's IP, I believe this would still fall under inappropriate behavior. Would this just be a warning or is a ban of some form needed?
2 pages before this BasedNecoScaler did the IP thing twice, and had a plethora of other reports against them related to Nasuverse. In the end, his punishment was a permanant topic ban and no actual ban (their permaban was a self-request). Based on this precedence it'd be unfair to ban this user imo.

On the ToS stuff, I'd imagine that it would be referring to private information that is actually pertinent to the user. If it says something along the lines of "don't leak fake private information" I would be suprised frankly.

In any case, personally, I think a ban is too much especially since the user at least aknowledges that they F'ed up now. I'm in support of a very very strict warning.

Yeah, that seems too serious to give a slap on the wrist. Agree with a 6 month month ban.

There is a misconception. This is not a private Discord server or WhatsApp, nor is it any form of private chat. It's not even a Discord platform where you can engage in trolling with these types of posts without facing consequences (or less strict ones, although discord take those actions as well). This is a forum. Explicitly, any posts made here can be viewed via Google search, and Xenforo has strict Terms of Service regarding the sharing of IP addresses. Whether the posts are fake, non-malicious, or intended as a joke ("doxxing" in a joking manner), it holds no relevance here.

I have many friends who own forums (as I collaborate with them). There are stories about forums getting blocked due to such instances. Additionally, Fandom does not tolerate this type of content, even if intended as a joke.

Therefore, there's no need to make jokes about doxxing other users, as this is a serious legal offense.

And they do it again.

I still disagree with banning him from making blog posts in general. His AP calcs are generally uncontroversial iirc.

This is a forum. Explicitly, any posts made here can be viewed via Google search, and Xenforo has strict Terms of Service regarding the sharing of IP addresses
Who's IP address is being shared? This is rhetorical of course, because those protections tend to be in play in effort to prevent actual doxxing and not trolling attempts. We are not banning somebody for trolling and then apologizing for it. They should be warned and that is it.

And they do it again.

So for how long should the calc blog ban be applied, and what types of calculations should it cover?

@DMUA

I'll delete it now, but if a ToS thing then I would say we should at least give a six month ban. If not longer.
Agreed. It could potentially get the owner of the posted public and private IP addresses in serious trouble.

There is a misconception. This is not a private Discord server or WhatsApp, nor is it any form of private chat. It's not even a Discord platform where you can engage in trolling with these types of posts without facing consequences (or less strict ones, although discord take those actions as well). This is a forum. Explicitly, any posts made here can be viewed via Google search, and Xenforo has strict Terms of Service regarding the sharing of IP addresses. Whether the posts are fake, non-malicious, or intended as a joke ("doxxing" in a joking manner), it holds no relevance here.

I have many friends who own forums (as I collaborate with them). There are stories about forums getting blocked due to such instances. Additionally, Fandom does not tolerate this type of content, even if intended as a joke.

Therefore, there's no need to make jokes about doxxing other users, as this is a serious legal offense.
Yes, we cannot allow this kind of behaviour, and this also seems to be a very new member who has not contributed in a constructive manner to our community yet.

Who's IP address is being shared? This is rhetorical of course, because those protections tend to be in play in effort to prevent actual doxxing and not trolling attempts. We are not banning somebody for trolling and then apologizing for it. They should be warned and that is it.
I will check if it was another member of this forum, but only reveal if it is another member, not which one. 🙏

The IP addresses were not owned by another member here, but revealing IP addresses in public can still potentially cause serious problems for random real life people, and also seems to be against Fandom's and XenForo's Terms of Use, so I am not sure what punishment we should apply here exactly.

The IP addresses were not owned by another member here, but revealing IP addresses in public can still potentially cause serious problems for random real life people, and also seems to be against Fandom's and XenForo's Terms of Use, so I am not sure what punishment we should apply here exactly.
That IP address was part of a Reddit copypasta which is already publicised, so I wouldn't consider that doxxing. And that IP most likely never existed in the first place. But posting something like that is a strict violation of the Fandom ToS nonetheless, though, I wouldn't be sure for Xenforo.

I'm having a hard time believing whatever trouble this harmless usage of a copypasta is going to cause is any more damage than it being one already.

I'm having a hard time believing whatever trouble this harmless usage of a copypasta is going to cause is any more damage than it being one already.
Okay. I did not know that it was already much more publicly revealed.

So would a warning or a two weeks block be sufficient here?

Back