• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Why is racism (N-word) banned for 3-6 months, and bad attitude towards transgender people (DarthSpiderr, no insults) is one year? Initially, he was generally banned forever, until others intervened.
What specific slur word used is not relevant compared to other slur words; the words themselves are all equally taboo/controversial/offensive. But what matters more than any of the words is less about the individual words and more about the context in which they are used. If someone randomly said the R word in an adjective format didn't know it was a slur word; and more so called someone's argument that instead of a person. We typically just edit/remove the word and give the user a strict warning.

But Fandom does have a strict slur word sensitive policy that anyone who said the word out loud regardless of context may be global banned for 3-6 months. But in more severe/extreme cases where people are deliberately being more trollish or using racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, Christophobia, Islamophobia, Hinduphobia, ect as excuses to publicly (Or privately in DMs to their faces) harass people, then those cases may actually be permaban worthy.

In the case of zexer, he said "My N words" and bypassed slur word filter; it's hard to tell if he was trolling or just being casual, but a 3-6 ban would be a minimum though he clearly said it despite knowing full well the word was taboo given the slur filter. In Darth Spiderr's case, he was downright dissing what transgender even means and was quite blatant with his disrespect for them.

Isn't a 6 month ban in this case extreme? Looking at the context, there's no hate directed at anyone neither does it seem like anyone was particularly offended by it neither was it done in bad fate. I understand needing to dish out punishment considering fandom rules but still...a little bit of leniency should be shown here
  1. No
  2. Please don't comment on RVR reports that aren't relevant to you if you're not a staff member

Said staff member has also repeatedly taken on a condescending attitude toward anyone who remotely disagrees with him and then acting like its their fault for being offended, in a manner that quite frankly is unbecoming of a thread mod. Hell, he essentially said he'd delete any further comments calling him out on this.

The initial "shut the hell up lol" is one thing but I'd say Fuji shouldn't even get a warning, as there's a legitimate complaint to be had here and she very much elaborated on that in that same response.
Back up the "repeatedly taken on a condescending attitude toward anyone who remotely disagrees with him and then acting like its their fault for being offended, in a manner that quite frankly is unbecoming of a thread mod" claim.

I invited in the comment before and the same comment you link anyone who wants to keep talking about it can do so to me in a private message, the would-be deletions are because the drama had nothing to do with the thread, how is this essentially deleting any further comment calling me out? They would still call me out outside the thread. That's what any staff would do in my position, what do you even propose I should have done there differently & why is what you call me out for wrong?

To what standards she had a "legitimate complaint" that she "very much elaborated"?; She had a lot to say, yes, but can I assume you don't find it unfounded?; If so can you source every bad thing she claimed on me by yourself? To my standards, I would find it legit if I could do as much myself.

Back up the "repeatedly taken on a condescending attitude toward anyone who remotely disagrees with him and then acting like its their fault for being offended, in a manner that quite frankly is unbecoming of a thread mod" claim.

I invited in the comment before and the same comment you link anyone who wants to keep talking about it can do so to me in a private message, the would-be deletions are because the drama had nothing to do with the thread, how is this essentially deleting any further comment calling me out? They would still call me out outside the thread. That's what any staff would do in my position, what do you even propose I should have done there differently & why is what you call me out for wrong?

To what standards she had a "legitimate complaint" that she "very much elaborated"?; She had a lot to say, yes, but can I assume you don't find it unfounded?; If so can you source every bad thing she claimed on me by yourself? To my standards, I would find it legit if I could do as much myself.
Why is it so hard to just compromise with you? I've tried reasoning with you on your profile, but I feel like you just despise me or hold some grudge against me. I only pitched in my ideas for the thread and it sounded like you were a little hostile to me, so when I asked you to please stop being "callous" and communicate in a more polite manner, it's because it felt like you were saying some pretty insulting things to me, like "being over your head". I didn't mean nor intend to insult you back or take anything out on you, I only wanted you to try and communicate with me and everyone else better in the thread without the need for that kind of demeanor.

I imagine even a 6 year old would understand it was a joke
And what is meant to be our conclusion here? "Oh! He was joking! So terribly sorry. Carry on."

Great, thanks. I imagine even a 6 year old would understand that making a "joke" is not free license to cuss at people for trying to get a discussion back on track.

I'm not sure how much this is counts as a violation, but @Peppersalt43 seems to be trigger happy liking my comments, now it's not against the rules to like someone's comments but last year the same person did it so much that it cluttered my notifications and didn't contribute anything to the threads, and their starting to do it again!

I did ask them to stop on their own page, but I think they may have ignored me.

I'm not sure how much this is counts as a violation, but @Peppersalt43 seems to be trigger happy liking my comments, now it's not against the rules to like someone's comments but last year the same person did it so much that it cluttered my notifications and didn't contribute anything to the threads, and their starting to do it again!

I find it a bit annoying as well, but he was discussed amongst the staff and it was decided that it was not a rule violation.

I think settings can be configured where the notifications for likes can be cleared out quickly. IMO it's an honor to have one's notifications filled with Peppersalt likes but that's just me

See here for information about how to easily change your personal settings to not receive notifications from getting likes.

Didn't we once calc-ban a guy? What was his name? ButteredSamuri?
We did, but Butter never said "kys", he was just godawful at calculations to the extreme.

Personally I lean more on the "edgy" side of jokes, but such shit is extremely against our rules. A year for both the initial offense and flippant disregard for the rules once informed doesn't seem outrageous.

MysticCarnage was the attacked person here, so I think that they have the right to speak here in this case.

Anyway, I will apply a 1-year block then.

MysticCarnage was the attacked person here, so I think that they have the right to speak here in this case.

Anyway, I will apply a 1-year block then.
I didn't initially delete their comment with this in mind, but I think the relevant discussion was over in any case, so I suppose it doesn't matter much either way.

I don't think a year is too lenient, even if I doubt they're going to change.

I do not think that it seems necessary. It doesn't seem to have been used in a harsh manner.
It's an official wiki management thread that a user was trying to get back on track. I'm not arguing for a ban or anything, just a warning for it is fine. You can't go around saying "f--- you" to people and hide behind it being a joke of course.

Last edited:
Back