• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Neither does it excuses yours, your longer on this wiki and know the rules better you should try and learn someone, something and if that doesn’t work just quit instead of hanging around and insulting him.

I've already told you that I have anger issues. True, that doesn't excuse my reaction, but it was an outburst that is hard to control for me and I am attempting to get some help for that.

But this isn't about me.

Me? I was trying to give advice, not to continue to debate.
To be fair you where quite calm in the beginning but when you saw that he didn’t want to understand you should have just quitted and leave him be. The revisions where already rejected anyways, there was no need to continue this at all.

Correct, but there's a time when my hope for someone to actually learn the rules and such dies (trust me it took hours of arguing to someone who wouldn't listen) and just wanting to end it kicks in, IE why I deleted that thread

My own actions were certainly not the best, especially in that second thread, where I let my temper get the best of me.

To be fair you where quite calm in the beginning but when you saw that he didn’t want to understand you should have just quitted and leave him be. The revisions where already rejected anyways, there was no need to continue this at all.
I was trying to avoid him creating the thread again and getting banned for being a troll, hence the warning near the beginning.

After that I slowly lost hope and did end it.

I want to point out that even if you consider him making a low quality CRT and then remaking it after the original was closed ban worthy, it's also worth bringing to attention the kind of "responses" he received in those threads, to be frank, the threads were just a toxic cesspool where people were constantly ridiculing the OP and treating the entire thing like a joke.

He was blatantly called an idiot and someone even jokingly said that "his very existence made them feel like jumping off a cliff", now obviously this was a joke, but just because you feel like something is a joke doesn't mean it isn't going to offend and upset people.

If I was him and was new here trying to make a CRT for a verse I liked and those were the responses I got, I'd probably just leave, it makes the site look terrible when a sincere (albeit low quality) CRT is treated like a complete joke with everyone laughing at you.

I almost lost the last remaining vestiges of my sanity reading those CRTs, yeah almost everything about those threads is pretty awful!

That said the "new user" or argument from ignorance excuses doesn't hold much water since they were told to stop by everyone yet made another CRT, they clearly have SOME knowledge about our tiering system/revisions and were told to take their issues to Q&A yet ignored it.

To play devil's advocate tho, users should've been a bit more tactful in their responses. I know what it's like to debate someone that feels like a brick wall then get frustrated and/or to mock them with memes but it's definitely not a constructive way to get your points across plus baiting them (even as a joke) is just being a jerk tbh.

The CRTs (as well as the aftermath) should definitely have been cleaner and handled more professionally by all sides involved.

Also once again this isn't a thread for discussion, just wait until the staff decides what the best course of action is and move on, that's my take on the situation.

This will be my first and only comment on the subject, peace!

I was trying to avoid him creating the thread again and getting banned for being a troll, hence the warning near the beginning.

After that I slowly lost hope and did end it.
With that message your encouraging him too keep creating these threads, how did you not see that? Try and be calmer with people and do not take these things so personal and don’t jump onto others for having a different opinion, you aren’t changing his mind but instead encourage him to do it again. If you continue to talk about it.

I understand that I probably could have handled the situation much better than I did, but when you're tired, angry, and talking to a brick wall, it's hard to keep your calm and think rationally.

I understand that I probably could have handled the situation much better than I did, but when you're tired, angry, and talking to a brick wall, it's hard to keep your calm and think rationally.
I quite literally have not slept at all.

With that message your encouraging him too keep creating these threads, how did you not see that? Try and be calmer with people and do not take these things so personal and don’t jump onto others for having a different opinion, you aren’t changing his mind but instead encourage him to do it again. If you continue to talk about it.
Yeah, sometimes I forget this is the internet.

Why does them knowing it matter? It is clear I've made a mistake in my judgment due to lack of sleep. This isn't the place to talk about my problems and try to justify my overreactions.

Why does them knowing it matter? It is clear I've made a mistake in my judgment due to lack of sleep. This isn't the place to talk about my problems and try to justify my overreactions.
I never said it matters, but, it doesn’t justify your actions either. You should learn to calm down and take a deep breath once in a while.

Alright this is clearly a case where both sides need to back down.

Thread 2 started off completely aggressive from the opposing side, but on the other hand it is pretty darn stupid for the same thing to be tried twice over.

I propose a very strict warning for the user in question, and if he tries this one more time a topic ban, or maybe even a general CRT ban. I'll defer to fellow staff opinions on that.

As for the rest, if you can't keep nerves in check, I'd just leave the thread for a while. It's just an internet hobby lads. Getting too worked up about it is never that kosher.

dude made 2 threads, was told to stop by several staff members, we send the explanations of the reasons that it was wrong, but dude still continued and act like a stone wall, so yeah
I agree with you on that, but still, experienced members should stop making fun of new ones because they can.

I will leave it at that.

Crabwhale, are you willing to give the member in question a warning instruction please?

Thank you. Are you willing to handle the other warning as well please?

It seems like he necroed several very old threads and needs to stop.

He was randomly changing tiers, so 1 month seemed too lenient. I changed it to 3 months instead.

Back