• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it doesn't look like he actually did anything yet. Regardless, we should stop discussing and just let the staff decide what they feel about it, since these threads fill up faster and faster these days.

This is now now the third time he's been reported I believe

The sheer disregard for our rules and regulatons doesn't help either

If he has been acting up like this consistently, then some form of punishment should most likely be carried out outside of just a warning imo (assuming we already gave him a warning)

Ok, with respect to Kaijuzilla potentially being banned: he's, at worst, being boorish. Is that enough? I've never even conversed with this guy but it'd seem to me that if the guy "leaves the beef at the table" following a debate that this is just a guy getting heated while arguing which I'm sure pretty much everyone in any debating community regardless of subject has done at some point and more than once at that. Even the insult itself is conditional on something specific and not a blanket condemnation. You don't have to like him or anything like that but is this seriously banworthy?

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
Ok, with respect to Kaijuzilla potentially being banned: he's, at worst, being boorish. Is that enough? I've never even conversed with this guy but it'd seem to me that if the guy "leaves the beef at the table" following a debate that this is just a guy getting heated while arguing which I'm sure pretty much everyone in any debating community regardless of subject has done at some point and more than once at that. Even the insult itself is conditional on something specific and not a blanket condemnation. You don't have to like him or anything like that but is this seriously banworthy?
Yes. He's hyped his favorite characters up to outrageous levels (he once claimed he should be Galaxy level for leveling Tokyo), constantly uses fallacy, and throws a hissy fit every time his favorite character losses. He should have been banned a long time ago.

Endless Astrograph Sorcerer said:
Eh, I dunno anything bout the guy besides what I've seen ITT. My point was that being boorish in a few debates shouldn't be enough for a ban.
Read my response to your comment. This has been a long time coming.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:UniverSpace

Sorry if I'm wrong, but he seems like a sock and has just said "shut the hell up" in chat as well as seems to be instigating me by calling jojo bad and the such. I've ignored him and played along. He's now talking about a discord of some sort.

I can't screenshot right now, apologies, I just wanted to put this out on the record in case something happens regarding the user in the future.

Well, this in itself is probably just enough for a warning, not a ban, but if we have warned him previously, and this is part of a larger pattern of behaviour, I suppose that a temporary ban might be necessary.

What should we do about SuperGodzilla and Sans?

SuperGodzilla perhaps just warn and keep an eye out?

Sans has been disregarding rules and warnings for around a year at this point. You first blocked him a year ago for disregarding warnings and he still has the same behaviour.

Okay. Would others be fine with this as well?

Alright. What should we tell SuperGodzilla in the warning?

Something like "You were reported for being rude and unreasonable. If you want to stay here, then you must clean up your attitude and be able to debate with people without having to personally attack them. Also, you must follow the information provided in the profiles when debating in Versus Threads."

You could probably word that better than I did, but that's basically what should be said to him. I still think he deserves a ban, but it's your call Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back