• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It is too bad. I obviously disagree with Fandom about banning people who just quote somebody else, but there is nothing that I can do about it.

They may have installed scripts that alert them if certain slur words are used in our posts, yes.

Porting the entire wiki elsewhere is going to take way too much effort for what it's worth. On top of that, this would mean leaving our original Wiki and pretty much all of its popularity behind, requiring us to start from scratch. And knowing Fandom, they'd probably just put some other people as Staff after we leave in order to keep the place "alive" without ut.

Besides it's not really the place to talk about it.

Saikou is correct. If the staff would leave for another domain our popularity would be lost, and people who hate us and our policies would likely adopt the old wiki.

We would also need great financing to host almost 2 million pages and counting: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Statistics

Anyway, we definitely shouldn't discuss this here.

Not to derail but just a small question then. If we aren't able to quote people using slurs and such without getting blocked, how are we supposed to report a troll, sockpuppet or inappropriate user saying it without it back firing?

That is the method that is recommended at the top of this thread, yes.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Not to derail but just a small question then. If we aren't able to quote people using slurs and such without getting blocked, how are we supposed to report a troll, sockpuppet or inappropriate user saying it without it back firing?
Provide link to the offending content.

Take screenshot of the offending content and upload to an image hosting site. Provide link to that screenshot as well.

Your interest for Bleach along with your ingratiating attitude towards Fandom for very harsh policies in conjunction with another remaining Discord member, which fits into the pattern of that Fandom told us that the Discord group has tried to get several more members banned by reporting old usages of bad words. In addition, it isn't at all normal for new members to keep an overview of the RVR thread to instantly reply when they are mentioned.

Wait did you report me for liking a series,I'm sorry if I liked the wrong one.

How do I have an ingratiating attitude towards FANDOM,if I posted on a thread "I read the TOS"?

Have you forgotten about the recent activity page that shows all recent post?

be honest, I follow this threads as well despite not breaking the rules, so that alone isn't enough to be suspitious.

But I can't say anything other than thatabout the situation

I don't think it's enough tbh.

Bleach is a very popular series, FANDOM's policies aren't the most likable things in the world, recent activity exists, and he could also just be a lurker. I lurked a while before making my account, and followed a bunch if management threads because I found them interesting. You can keep an eye on him if you want, but this doesn't seem too abnormal.

@Cal

No problem at all.

@Wokistan

I suppose that you are correct. I just thought that I should mention it, in case somebody else notices anything out of the ordinary.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1988894

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back