• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe it is either. Stompy they may be, they are arguable to not be, which should be enough to not give a warning for it

Rohan vs Zeno is pretty much a thread where the rules are set to give the win to the character that would obviously get stomped.

If that's not spite I don't know what it is

IIRC, Seventy is always making his own versions of Goku Vs Superman threads which may not be a direct "who would win" fight, it's more like "Who's the better character/hero" but still ends up making the thread controversial. I don't think he needs to be banned, but someone should probably ask him not to create any threads involving a Dragon Ball character. The thread Homu linked says it all IMO.

It's used for reporting rule breakers and sock puppets, not for general discussions. Also, people really need to stop derailing this thread like it always does. And derailing the thread isn't Rule Violation, but it's still an annoyance.

Honestly, I think we should make it a rule that if staff needs to ask someone more than 3 times to stop derailing a rule violations thread, they should be banned.

Obviously not permanently, but for like a week or so to get them to stop derailing. And it should be a justified rule after having like 6+ RVT's where huge derailing has happened, staff asked it to end, and it didnt.

>Clicks on the edits

I...I have no words. That is not okay in any stretch of the imagination That's not only a ban from the wiki, I'd probably globally ban that person if I had the option.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Honestly, I think we should make it a rule that if staff needs to ask someone more than 3 times to stop derailing a rule violations thread, they should be banned.

Obviously not permanently, but for like a week or so to get them to stop derailing. And it should be a justified rule after having like 6+ RVT's where huge derailing has happened, staff asked it to end, and it didnt.
And no, im actually not kidding about this.

So what do other staff think about adding a rule that people who derail rule violation report threads after being warned about it should get a 2 week ban or so?

Seems good, but we should discuss that on a highlighted staff only discussion board instead of here.

Okay. I will start a staff thread.

This is the wrong thread for that sort of complaint: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1653895

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Rmnimoc

Possible sockpuppet of Unholy Bindings, who as we know has a vendetta against our Dark Souls ratings.

His very first contribution was posting a rant in the Chosen Undead talk page ranting about the rating. And all of his other contributions revolve around Dark Souls as well. Furthermore, his activity picked right back up after Unholy Bindings was banned.

I could be wrong here, but it's something to look out for

After a discussion amongst the staff, I have added the following text segment to the first post:

"Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussio, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban."

Phantom already learned his lesson from all the reprehension in the original thread. He won't repeat this mistake again and was ignorant of the rules. A ban would be pretty unnecessary, considering otherwise he is a pretty normal user and a cool person.

Agreed

He had no idea it was wrong, but that doesn't mean it should go without punishment. However,he as shown regret and apologised, so it shouldn't be as severe a punishment as would be applied to someone who did it with malicious intent.

Still, it was a pretty severe misdemenour. A month?

Yes a week is the best choice

He's a good guy, just tripped this day and he did genuily apologise for what he has done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back