• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is not really insulting, but I agree that she's almost harassing you at this point. She's also being annoying.

I think you should warn her to stop, or else her bantime will be increased.

Well, she isn't exactly insulting you, just being obnoxious due to feeling uset from what I can see.

You can tell her to calm down, as this was just a warning ban to shape up in the future, but that the block will be extended if she continues to went at you.

It is not our staff that causes issues, it is our banned members. Our community attracts some people with various personal problems (including a few with apparent mental illness that have harrassed me in various ways).

The troll who has been harassing me and his socks got banned from FANDOM, but he mentioned VPNs, so we should definitely keep an eye on him.

Ant is right. We attract a very bad crowd but it's not like it's our fault. What our wiki is about just so happens to attract those kinds of people, as weird as it sounds. That's why it's imperative we stay as polite and friendly as possible, while still making sure our rules are upheld and mostly everyone is getting along.

Did someone warm him to stop in chat? He might have been singing harmlessly, without knowing people wouldn't appreciate it.

That seems like a harsh conclusion. Not all new editors who comment on FE threads are Mikoto socks, just like not all new editors who like OPM and have questionable grammar are Jonathan.

Well making your choice based off of who you like more implies you don't care about arguments. It makes some matchups ridiculous. It would be like if I voted for The Godwoke to beat Lucemo just because I like Godwoken more.

You gotta try to be as unbiased as possible and vote for who you genuinely think wins.

Megaboy Prime said:
If there is at least one i kinda agree one, then fra makes sense no?
Just because you agree with it doesn't mean everyone else agrees with it. That's like saying you agree that Mario has possession, and should win because of that, when everyone that voted for his opponent have much better arguments for why Mario should lose.

The thing is, at least two of the people we linked https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/RapidMotorcycle19 and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Chargerinmywall19 both have the same user name formats; so it's pretty obvious they're the same person.

The next two https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:AdobeAldo23904 and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Sosefu_Soestar are also making the exact same arguments on the same thread; and Adobe in particular seems very argumentive towards JSW without really giving a reason to begin with.

I don't know about Megaboy Prime, but https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Tharon95 just joined today with only one edit so far, who did so after the same thread was just got bumped a couple more times. Either sounds like a very big coincidence, or yet another suspicious person.

While new users commenting on FE threads does not automatically make someone a Mik sock puppet; that something we can all agree on. But being specific is also important; being especially biased towards FE 6 and 7 over the rest of the verse is another more specific detail this person is known for. Roy and Lyn were Mik's favorite Fire Emblem characters and would even go as far as to downplay Marth and Ike if it means Roy gets to keep his title as the strongest FE character by far. I also don't think it's a coincidence one that literally 5 or 6 new users, in which the first two literally have the same username format and all of them sharing the exact same vague argument.

If there was only 1 or 2 new users with very different arguments and/or usernames, then I can understand being lenient, but 5 people making the exact same argument kind of makes all 5 of them seem like sock puppets of the same person. While it may be iffy to jump the gun and claim them to be Mik, it still seems very obvious that someone is making socks. @JustSomeWeirdo also mentioned above that he agrees with me on this.

Also, Tharon95 might be a sock as well for voting in the same thread I linked before with "fra" which only people who's been here long enough says due to experience in the threads they've been in.

Edit: damnit, got ninja'd

Wait, what the hell

Why in the world am i a suckpuppet? For the name?!

If it is because of the ike vs Roy fight, i literally just voted for the one it made sense for me, damnit.

@DDM

@Glassman

The only thing those two have in common is "19." Their names aren't even following the "adjective-noun" formula. This constant spam of "these are sockpuppets" is getting tiresome. Unless you have evidence that they are socks, we can't go around banning people because you speculate they may be a sock.

Unless they are exclusively "X FRA" to many very similar threads and were created within a day or so's timeframe, then I really don't like this. Seems like a massive witchhunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back