• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheLegendaryHerker has been warned over and over and over by myself, but used to put into system to remove the notices from his message wall.

Is anybody willing to change back the Team Fortress 2 statistics to before he his most recent change, or is it unnecessary?

Antvasima said:
Is anybody willing to change back the Team Fortress 2 statistics to before he his most recent change, or is it unnecessary?
Already done

Now we are waiting on your final decision regarding it.

Well, it depends. Do we accept it or not? They were made without a CRT.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Well, I am not well informed about the nature of the statistics changes, but from what I recall Herker has been recurrently confused about our standards and policies, and unreasonable about adapting to them, previously.

If he has also created a sockpuppet, maybe a 2 month ban would be appropriate? It isn't like he is malicious after all. He just doesn't understand how things work around here, and is bad at adapting.

I'm not sure what time to give, but creating a sockpuppet with malicious intent in mind is pretty bad.

@Ant This isnt the first time he's done this, and if he's willing to make a sockpuppet and then go on to say that WE are the ones who are wrong for not accepting what he thinks is correct, and then perform a mass revision change without permission and muliple changes in the past of a similar circumstance despite multiple warnings, its pretty obvious he's not going to change any time soon.

@WeeklyBattles

Okay. I may be too lenient then. Feel free to block him for as long as you think is appropriate.

Kyle Ramos

His edits towards Fae (Fire Emblem) were only based off of a single mention in a thread which was never even discussed, like, at all, and he has changed the range for Lilina (Wanking the range of Forblaze while completely removing Bolting), wanking Cecilia (Fire Emblem)'s range to Continental entirely, and also rated Gwendoly as having Continental Range with Maltet

Each and every one of these changes were neither discussed nor approved by anyone (outside of giving Cecilia and Gwendolyn a key for these weapons)

That seems ban-worthy, yes. Is somebody willing to undo all of the edits?

Not the only problems he's made; there's other typical visual editor problems that came up, but I'm working on cleaning up the edits.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Thank you for the help.

@JustSomeWeirdo

What do you think would be an appropriate ban period for Kyle?

Antvasima said:
About TheLegendaryHerker: It seems like TeenAngel101 at least helped to change the Team Fortress 2 statistics:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index.php?title=Pyro&diff=2017736&oldid=1983857
Has been warned before? I dont have an opinion on teen. I think Herker was the worse of the two, If you think a ban is worthy for fairness, by all means.

Also, do you have a personal opinion on long herker should be banned for? (I think I might be in the minority but doubt he deserves an infinite ban)

I think that maybe TeenAngel simply saw that the profiles were being updated so he decided to help without knowing that the new stats weren't legit. He did something similar when we were upgrading RWBY to 7-A, editing a few profiles that scaled from the updated one.

@KinkiestSins

Well, I personally do not think that Herker seems that bad, just confused, but in any case, I would appreciate if somebody could investigate who actually did what in regards to TheLegendaryHerker and TeenAngel101, as I do not want us to ban somebody innocent.

@Kaltias

That is a possibility. Would you be willing to investigate the timeline of these events? I am already extremely busy with the daily backlog of edits that I need to inspect.

I have to agree with ant. Setting aside bias, following ones actions isnt as bad.

But I am done with this issue lol. (Inb4 someone promotes me for violating a rule here and there I forget about)

Kaltias said:
I think that maybe TeenAngel simply saw that the profiles were being updated so he decided to help without knowing that the new stats weren't legit. He did something similar when we were upgrading RWBY to 7-A, editing a few profiles that scaled from the updated one.
This seems likely

Can somebody check the timeline for their respective edits?

@Ant After checking the timeline for the TF2 pages, it appears that Teenangel started the edits. Herker merely cleaned up some of them.

Well that is unfortunate. Can you provide Gyazo/imgur links to the important timeline pieces? We will need to approach him about this.

Okay. Thank you for the help. I will unban Herker and his IP address then.

TeenAngel101 has othervise been well-behaved, so a strong warning should probably be enough.

It seems like Herker had not been banned yet, thankfully.

Anyway, returning to the Kyle Ramos case, I checked up a few of his edits, and it seems like he changed a lot of Fire Emblem pages from Continent level to Multi-Continent level.

I am not sure if this warrants a ban, but a strong warning is likely appropriate, and I would appreciate if somebody could revert all of his edits.

On the other hand, I vaguely recall that Kyle has caused problems previously, so it depends on what others think.

Okay. What sort of problems?

@Ant: He once got banned for a year for going off on multiple staff about Dragon Ball and was banned for about a whole year because of it.

Edit: wait no it was for a month but I changed it to a year given how much of a problem he was that time when I talked to LordAizen back when we were both active admins.

Granted that's completely in the past, but he has had a history here before. Currently rn, it seems to be what Matthew and Bluetrek said just now here but there may be more specific problems than that.

Okay. Feel free to ban him then. I have probably turned too lenient.

Anyway, there is still the problem of restoring all of the Fire Emblem pages to their previous condition, and I am overworked enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back