• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Proposal for Rule Violation Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only ban after multiple warnings; plus it's going to be short bans or thread bans first and foremost. But yes, thread banning is a good practice for a thread getting out of control via some users.

Oh. That is very convenient for us then. Maybe we can simply inform people that they will be thread-banned for a week if they sufficiently derail it?

This has apparently been accepted then.

Is somebody willing to write a draft text that I can add to the first post of the RVR thread? (I will also post in it in the regular manner.)
So about this...

Regular members aren't allowed to post on the Rule Violation Report thread on the wiki, unless they are making a report, have direct involvement in a report or have relevant information on a report that has not been brought up yet, so as to not derail or delay the processing of the reports, or worse instigate further rule violations. Repeated violations will be followed with a strict warning, followed by a threadban for one week to a site ban for some duration, depending on the severity of their conduct.

This work?

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems fine to me. I made minor wording adjustments to your post though.

Is it fine with the rest of you as well?

Thank you for the reply. I will add it to our RVR thread then.

I have done so.

Should we close this thread now?

I don't see anything else that needs to be addressed, so closing the thread seems fine.

Okay. I will do so then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

A member who does not feel comfortable sharing this publicly himself, has come up with a proposal for a rule for our Rule Violation Reports Thread:

"Hey AKM,
Sorry to bother you but I have a proposal for a rule that I don't feel too comfortable sharing publicly.
I don't think non-staff should be allowed to comment in the Rule Violation Reports thread unless they...
  • are making a report
  • have direct involvement in a report
  • have relevant information on a report that has not been brought up yet

What are your thoughts?
Hop think the person mentioned committing the violation should have the stand to defend themselves, unless its entirely unjustifiable, like dropping a slur, banned content (gorp, as Hop calls it) or doxxing someone, etc.

(btw ya'll timezone'd tf outta Hop once again)

Hop suggests another day for those of the staff (and there's a few) that haven't brought up their own points.

Hop think the person mentioned committing the violation should have the stand to defend themselves, unless its entirely unjustifiable, like dropping a slur, banned content (gorp, as Hop calls it) or doxxing someone, etc.

(btw ya'll timezone'd tf outta Hop once again)

Hop suggests another day for those of the staff (and there's a few) that haven't brought up their own points.
if a person is being reported, that would count as being involved in a report so they would have an opportunity to speak for themselves.

I already applied what we agreed here earlier.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back