• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Sans

@Lightin Unfortunately Saikou is ignoring a well established fact that has been used here for months now about how Sans' attacks interact with forcefields

Weekly it's literally just a forceshield. It can be broken. Sans' durability bypassing isn't just soul manip, the rest should still work on a forceshield. Or just regular attacks.

@Saikou Show me Sans' attacks bypassing a forcefield. Yes it can be broken but he cannot outright ignore it completely.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That is only when they hit, and it isn't really that big.

Also not in-character, so yeah.
Its big enough to freeze Sans solid or electrocute him into being paralyzed for enough of a time for Ruby to attack him

Using dust ammo is 100% in character for Ruby what are you talking about?

There's really not a reason why his non soul based durability negation would fail on a shield when it works on flesh. In both cases, they are damaging a solid object that should be more durable than them due to the mechanic of their attack. Explain why a fancy name changes that.

Also something that's the projection of a soul seems like it should be affected by things that affect souls directly.

WeeklyBattles said:
Its big enough to freeze Sans solid or electrocute him into being paralyzed for enough of a time for Ruby to attack him

Using dust ammo is 100% in character for Ruby what are you talking about?
Electrocute... a skeleton. What?

And again, it needs to actualy hit stuff, and I have yet to see ruby aiming to the ground in front of someone to hit them.

Show me where she use ice then, please

Well even if she uses the forcefield, Sans has danmaku so he will be able to break it easily, even if you say she can out range him, he could just teleport her to him and do it that way

I mean aiming at the ground to use the AOE on an explosive is common sense. I doubt you'd need an explicit scene of rwby using that tactic unless she's known for being really dumb or something.

@Lightin Teleporting her to him would be a bad idea as she's entirely capable of and willing to use her gun at point blank range on top of being fast enough to speedblitz him

Don't we not let a speed amp be a major reason for an ordinarily slower character winning under equal speed?

You are yet to explain exactly what differentiates a forcefield from any other physical object

Wokistan said:
I mean aiming at the ground to use the AOE on an explosive is common sense. I doubt you'd need an explicit scene of rwby using that tactic unless she's known for being really dumb or something.
She only has ever shown that aoe in the game, and other showings withing the show itself are far lesser (blake in-game can freeze for several meters, but in the show it didn't even freete stuff not directly in contact with where she was as an exemple).

And she doesn't start with that, ever. And she doesn't have a lot of time to decide new tactics

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Electrocute... a skeleton. What?

And again, it needs to actualy hit stuff, and I have yet to see ruby aiming to the ground in front of someone to hit them.

Show me where she use ice then, please
She's electrocuted rock monsters and things that have no biological components

Begining of the fight against ABRN she froze one of her opponents with her first attack.

Wokistan said:
You are yet to explain exactly what differentiates a forcefield from any other physical object
Because Sans' attacks have never been able to bypass other objects before, his attacks arent intangible theyre physical objects.

Well i don't think she expects to be teleported to him atleast the first time he does it, then when he touches her he would win

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Exept the grimm inside of it?

Caan you give that link? Wanna see the aoe there
Grimm dont have biological components my dude

Here, its the same AoE as the ice attack i showed you earlier

Except they kinda have, in how he killed Flowey (who has no soul) enough times to make Flowey just decide that genocide run wasn't worth it. He'd have to have some way of negating physical durability to do that.

LightinAnt said:
Well i don't think she expects to be teleported to him atleast the first time he does it, then when he touches her he would win
He wont be able to touch her until he takes her aura down

Wokistan said:
Except they kinda have, in how he killed Flowey (who has no soul) enough times to make Flowey just decide that genocide run wasn't worth it. He'd have to have some way of negating physical durability to do that.
Negating physical durability =/= intangible my dude

Well, someone shouldn't fall over due to electricity when they have a forcefield around them. You cannot decide something that is impossible will work without actually proving it.

That is smaller. That is, like, one meter square at most

Forcefields have a physical durability, therefore they can be negated and broken like any other shield

Also he's actually in her tier. His base AP combined with the sheer volume of attacks should just break it normally after a while.

@Ricsi Aura users still feel the pain of the electricity when theyre hit with lightning dust but it doesnt bypass the aura itself.

Its the same exact AoE as the other clip

Wokistan said:
Forcefields have a physical durability, therefore they can be negated and broken like any other shield
Broken yes but you have to show that you can explicitly bypass forcefields in order for people to say you can. Sans has not.

How would you feel pain if the aura stops it, that makes no sense. Clearly there's some amount of leakage.

Oh, Man, I remember the good old days when Sans could defeat Demigra, stall Akuma Homura, and have a fair match against Reinhard of all people.

Nowadays, he struggles against people of his same tier...

The pain caused by electricity doesn't make you fall over. And by that logic that's why it affects grim.

No. There it froze frim for at least 3 meters farther than the shot.

Again, I'm asking you to explain why that is and what separates a forcefield from just a regular shield. This whole time I was saying her forcefield isn't gonna stay up for too long and then she starts taking physical hits.

Back