• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs. Hajime Hinata

WeeklyBattles said:
@Homu There's There's difference between making someone trip once and making them do nothing but trip as soon as they try to move for the entire fight to the point where they automatically lose
Who says they will always tripped themselves whenever they tried to move. The victim will trips themselves on a crusial moment only and that is enough.

Hajime can throw a rock, and let his luck make that rock bounce off and drop on the point that accidenly make Ruby slip and fall.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Who says they will always tripped themselves whenever they tried to move. The victim will trips themselves on a crusial moment only and that is enough.
Ricsi, Ricsi says that

Xanxussama1010 said:
Hajime can throw a rock, and let his luck make that rock bounce off and drop on the point that accidenly make Ruby slip and fall.
Which ruby recovers by using her scythe to propel herself upwards or using her semblance to dash back up onto solid ground

...cartoons? You mean when the main character is either unlucky for the laugh or when either plot or toonforce is involved? sure

WeeklyBattles said:
Which ruby recovers by using her scythe to propel herself upwards or using her semblance to dash back up onto solid ground
It jams, and she is left out of balance by the urprise

Might as well give some luck feats for Nagito

• Is still relatively healthy after receiving Dementia and Lymphoma, when he was younger. He was given a life expectancy of 6 months
  • Knocked down an entire construction site by shooting a stray bullet somewhere.
  • When losing a monopoly game or something, Nagito made a specific roll that made him win 99999999 yen.
  • Two bombs went off, noone was hurt thanks to Nagito's luck
That's for the despair arc, gonna quickly gather them from DR2

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It jams, and she is left out of balance by the urprise
She wouldnt be left off balance, would you like me to link you the scan of her and the rest of team rwby scaling a destroyed bunch of rocks that were falling into a ravine after a nevermore destroyed them?

What? I am not saying a landslide would be a problem to hell, I am saying that creating a landslide by throwing a pebble is much less likely then someone fallin over and over

More feats:

• When about to be stabbed, the Ultimate Imposter conveniently discovered him, saw Teruteru, and shoved Komaeda out of the way.
  • When commiting suicide, the survivors hit a panel, which caused a fire, so they all went to throw fire grenades at it to put it out, but one specific person (that he wanted by the way) picked one specific grenade which was poisonous, allowing Nagito to take off his poison mask and kill himself.
There's a few more I probably missed

Convenient plot elements in in a plot are convenient but unfortunately a lot of that won't help him here

WeeklyBattles said:
Convenient plot elements in in a plot are convenient but unfortunately a lot of that won't help him here
Nah, the last thing was him literally manipulating his luck so he could commit suicide, so that he could create a mystery that was unsolvable.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
but it is not done by the plot, it is done by a power he has
Yes, with stuff that is available because of the plot, stuff that isnt readily available here

But he does not need that stuff, he can simply manipulate stuff that is there, like ruby and her equipment

She can only keep herself from falling with her semblance. However, her range is now useless, she will be falling left and right and hinta can predict her and dodge

Between Ultimate Analyst/Soldier/Impostor/Clarivoyant, Izuru can basically predict every attack she can throw out. Even without Ultimate Luck, he skillstomps Ruby, who doesn't have enough hax to beat him. Her semblance does give her some increased mobility and damage, but against his talents, it's unlikely that she could win. Thanks to Ultimate Impostor/Analyst, after viewing Ruby's fighting style for only a short period of time, Izuru would be able to see through all of her attacks and techniques.

I dont know if I said this, but I voted on Hajime, I mean, Hajime precog is superior to Hagakure, who could see days or years after depending of the ending you got

I vote for Hajime due to skill advantage. He analyzes Ruby's capabilities and her weaknesses, has Ultimate Luck (I think this is not worth explaining), and a master of Martial Arts. (Possibly other talents on his pocket that are useful for this fight)

Just wanting to clear out these things:

I dont know if I said this, but I voted on Hajime, I mean, Hajime precog is superior to Hagakure, who could see days or years after depending of the ending you got

Ultimate Analyst also gives him precognition and Hagakure's talent may or may not be usable in combat. (If it is, then better)

• When losing a monopoly game or something, Nagito made a specific roll that made him win 99999999 yen.
Not sure about the 99999999 yen part (kinda forgot that part, mind if you can give me a video source if I am wrong) but his luck made it so that he rolled 10 dice and got 6 moves on all of dice which took him to the goal, even though rolling 10 dice was impossible in the first place.

When commiting suicide, the survivors hit a panel, which caused a fire, so they all went to throw fire grenades at it to put it out, but one specific person (that he wanted by the way) picked one specific grenade which was poisonous, allowing Nagito to take off his poison mask and kill himself.

This is not really "convenient plot elements" when his talent is really getting insane good luck in general.

Like it or not causing landslides is a very common feat in all walks of fiction and has happened quite commonly irl

I mean.

Kicking a pebble, so it hits another bigger pebble, so it hits another bigger pebble, so it hits another bigger pebble, so it hits another bigger pebble, repeating until etc. isn't as likely than causing a landslide on it's own.

I mean, if causing a landslide was that easy, every hill would be a giant mass grave because they would happen over and over.

It is an unlikely thing made possible via supernatural luck in that case

WeeklyBattles said:
@Edward Doing exactly that happens in fiction more often than you think
well, that is not true for danganronpa, where it does not happen at all, unless there is litiral probability manipulation involved

Back