• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Concept Idea

So I'm still a little new to this website and am not entirely sure how RPs work here, but I have an idea that I personally think could have potential. What if we could add structure to RPs in a similar fashion to Dungeons and Dragons? Think about this for a second.

Imagine there's one person (possibly the thread leader or something) who is basically the Dungeon Master. He serves to progress the plot in whatever direction he wishes. The Dungeon/Plot Master can choose who's OCs can partake in the RP (tho, the OC creators would have to ask to be in the RP, that way people don't just throw in your character without your permission). If he wants, the Dungeon/Plot master could also specify which tiers he will allow into the RP.

Now on to combat, what if we could add a fair way for OCs in the RP to battle other OCs and even determine winners at the end of the fight? In DND, when making an attack (or performing a general action) you have to roll a dice (usually a D20) and your rolled number determines wether you succeed at the attack/action.

Now, since this is a wiki, we obviously don't have dice to roll, but I have an idea around this. What if instead of rolling dice, the Dungeon/Plot Master thinks of a random number between 1 and 20, in order to succeed at an attack/action you have to guess close enough to the number. For example: let's say that David Bruns and Cheryl Mason (Fanon) were battling each other and David wanted to use an attack. The Master thinks of the number 8, David guesses 5 and Cheryl guesses 9. Cheryl guessed a closer number and as a result, she block/avoids the attack.

Now let's say that David had guessed the closest number. That would mean that David has succesfully landed an attack on Cheryl and she takes damage. Finally, let's say that David gueeses the exact number that the Master thought up. This would be equal to rolling a flat 20 in DND where basically you automatically succeed at whatever task you are trying to accomplish. In a combat situation, guessing the exact number means that you deal 20 damage on top of the amount of damage your attack normally would do.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas to add on top of this? Anything that could be changed?

this is actually a very fun idea. it'll bring more people to the site most likely as well.

A very interesting and neat idea. I like it.

Originally, I had a RP idea as well based on the characters of this wiki, but... Eh, I simply lost the will of continuing.

Its interesting for sure, but DnD isnt the way i personally would go about it, I personally would go from an FF or SMT point of view if we wanted to do a RP, and then again we need to design an entire system for this, rules, settings, etc... but it is achievable.

This is a good idea. I RP myself on AniRole-play and several other sites, so everything written here is legit. The only thing in RP that is a concern is if people know the requirements and rules of it.

As a long-time tabletop gamer myself, I can say that this is all completely doable. However, as noted above, it will require a bit of fleshing out...

I'm glad that people like the idea. I'll write out a list of rules and gameplay concepts to the best of my abilities.

I did something simillar to get my OC though this is very interesting and wondering if this would be a thing eventually in the wiki

TISSG7Redgrave said:
I did something simillar to get my OC though this is very interesting and wondering if this would be a thing eventually in the wiki
I certainly hope it becomes a thing, I don't see very many RPs otherwise on here.

Back