• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ROTJ Darth Vader vs ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan
Darth-Vader-darth-vader-33114070-800-967
Who wins?
EU for both, this time Kenobi faces the Cyborg Vader instead of the Organic Vader.

Who wins, why do they win, and what majority (i.E. 7/10)

I think Obi-Wan Kenobi wins, because he defeated Anakin (who is stronger than Darth Vader) on Mustafar!

Darth Vader defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi only because he wanted to save Luke!

darth vader is leagues stronger than anakin was on mustafar. what your thinking of is that vaders ceiling of power is diminished. whereas before he could have become the most powerful jedi or sith ever.

Vader > Anakin, who is > Kenobi when having a clear head. Kenobi won through keeping a level head while Anakin became rage-driven and blind the more the fight continued, which allowed him to win through his tactical and strategic genius while Anakin is more or less a blunt instrument.

Vader is not going to lose control and is stronger than Anakin who is stronger than Kenobi. He takes this pretty handily, though Kenobi puts up a good fight.

BruceTheBatman said:
Vader > Anakin, who is > Kenobi when having a clear head. Kenobi won through keeping a level head while Anakin became rage-driven and blind the more the fight continued, which allowed him to win through his tactical and strategic genius while Anakin is more or less a blunt instrument.
Don't forget the high ground.

BruceTheBatman said:
Vader is not going to lose control and is stronger than Anakin who is stronger than Kenobi. He takes this pretty handily, though Kenobi puts up a good fight.
^

This.

Although I do believe Kenobi is a better military strategist and tactician, both are tactical geniuses in their own right, and Vader has literally every other edge over Kenobi except speed and arguably dueling skills (Vader's offense is better, Kenobi's defense is better), though I do think in terms of skill Vader is better, Kenobi is still in the same league Ultimately I think that Sabers only is a stalemate that possibly goes to Vader due to his physical superiority while Vader has the low-diff win in Force Powers only, and takes it with mid-low diff in all out

My vote goes to Darth Vader

Vader has my vote.

By the time of ROTJ Vader had surpassed his previous peak in power. His Sabre skills were also more refined just better in general really. He also has more Force abilities at his disposal than Obi-Wan and his more powerful in raw terms. Plus, his stamina is slightly superior to Obi-Wan's due to the constant dose of painkiller he receives through the armor.

First, Vader isn't superior to Anakin as a force practitioner at all, nothing truly suggests this considering how neither has demonstrated a force feat, that would grant one of them a significant advantage over the other. It could certainly be assumed that Vader possesses more wisdom than his past self, durability and force powers. Anakin has also impressed me more as a duelist, but as of ROTJ, I would say that they are roughly equals, still leaning towards Anakin.

Anyway, I would say Vader takes it about 6-7/10 times. Obi-Wan's duel with Anakin on Mustafar is not very translatable to a duel with Post-Mustafar Vader. In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, the lengths Vader went to to adapt his lightsaber style to his new cybernetics was rather extensive. He still employs a core Djem So form, but includes techniques from all forms now and incorporates more two-handed grips, less acrobatics, more brute strength, and more apparent precision. The reason this is relevant is because the RotS novelization said that one of the main reasons Anakin, and Obi-Wan were so even on Mustafar is because of how familiar they were with each other's combat style.

Obi-Wan would lack this asset against Post-Mustafar Vader, and the fight would play out very differently on account of Vader's improved mastery and discipline.

Regarding speed, Anakin is usually depicted as faster than Obi-Wan (AotC novelization, Legacy of the Jedi, Obsession, RotS novelization, etc.) Vader's speed feats are equal to Obi-Wan's.

Overall, I see no reason whatsoever to attribute this to Obi-Wan. Vader at his peak is appreciably more powerful, somewhat more skilled, and can match or exceed Kenobi in most physical traits. In other words, Vader wins...

Back