• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rosalina's power level is massively overestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TeenAngel101 said:
And how does 3-C equal 8-B or 9-A? Again, making her weaker than Toads?
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Toad_(Mario)
Like I said, my specific tiering of her was based off faulty assumptions about how tiering worked. Let's just go with that she's superhuman.

"Yes, she shielded them, FAIRLY EASILY, from a blast that threatened the FABRIC OF THE UNIVERSE.

This is Low 2-C, and scales to her AP and everything else.

This is everytime someone tries to downplay people by saying durability feats don't scale to AP.

...She can easily create shields that can fend off universal destruction, and can simply convert this energy into an attack or such."

I mentioned this. A blast that "threatens the fabric of the universe" is not extraordinarily powerful. Black holes, which are plentiful in SMG1&2, go farther than threatening; a black hole ruptures the fabric of the universe.

Please tell me, if you will, why Rosalina never shows any feats of her supposedly incredible AP, given that she has ample opportunity to do so (both in SSB and in her confrontations with Bowser).

Withstanding energy does not equal absorbing energy. That is a specific superpower in itself. If you think that anything which can withstand a powerful attack has the ability to convert the energy into an attack of its own, a bomb shelter would be just as deadly as the bombs themselves.

Js250476 said:
For the record if that was true Rosalina would be weaker then Super Mario World era Mario
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thank you for understanding. "Weaker end of the (Mario characters) scale" and all that.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thank you for understanding. "Weaker end of the (Mario characters) scale" and all that.

No, he means that's ridiculous. There is no way she is that weak.

TeenAngel101 said:
Even if she is somehow a glass cannon, she should at least be High 4-C, not frickin' 8-B or 9-A.
The opposite, actually. She's not a glass cannon, with low durability and high AP. She's a stone wall, with high durability and low AP.

Exactly even Mario's lower end feats are far higher then what your suggesting there's an Island level feat from Dark Bowser in BIS for example

TeenAngel101 said:
No, he means that's ridiculous. There is no way she is that weak.

Sarcasm isn't conveyed well on the Internet, but I'm completely serious. I am arguing specifically that she is indeed that weak.

She can literally just channel the power used to create her universe+ shields into an attack. It absolutely scales to AP.

TeenAngel101 said:
She can literally just channel the power used to create her universe+ shields into an attack. It absolutely scales to AP.
Like I said:

"Please tell me, if you will, why Rosalina never shows any feats of her supposedly incredible AP, given that she has ample opportunity to do so (both in SSB and in her confrontations with Bowser).

Withstanding energy does not equal absorbing energy. That is a specific superpower in itself. If you think that anything which can withstand a powerful attack has the ability to convert the energy into an attack of its own, a bomb shelter would be just as deadly as the bombs themselves."

TeenAngel101 said:
^You can tell he's irritated already.
No, this is good, this is what I wanted. I'd much rather actual productive discussion than just being flamed or ignored.

Edit: I realise that this might sound sarcastic, so I just want to say that this is not sarcasm, I actually did want this. If I'm ever sarcastic, I'll put a /s at the end of my sentence.

SomebodyData said:
SSB is non-canon, it doesn't count.
Fine, but then we have literally no showcases of her AP whatsoever. I used SSB because it's the only time she ever engages in combat.

"Don't quote walls of text" I'm just using the quote function to reply to specific people. Sorry if that clutters stuff up.

Rosalina doesn't fight yes but she still has feats that prove she's that strong so it doesn't really Matter

Randomtechguy142857 said:
Fine, but then we have literally no showcases of her AP whatsoever. I used SSB because it's the only time she ever engages in combat.

"Don't quote walls of text" I'm just using the quote function to reply to specific people. Sorry if that clutters stuff up.
Just do what I did.

Remove other peoples quotes.

You can edit what's inside te quotes.

You can also use @[Insert name]

@MasterOfArda Fair enough.

@Js250476 "Feats that prove she's that strong" mean diddly squat when she's actually confronted by Bowser, with a massive power advantage, and loses twice. You can't make assumptions that her AP is incredible if there's such evidence to the contrary.

Was she even overwhelmed iirc all Bowser did was steal the Observatory's fuel happened off screen to so we don't even know how he did it in the first place

@Js250476 Please read the entire post before commenting. I covered this.

In SMG2, there's a scene where Bowser's Galaxy Generator easily overwhelms and abducts the Observatory when it's at full power. No trickery, no stealing of power, just straight-up domination.

Randomtechguy142857 said:
In SMG2, there's a scene where Bowser's Galaxy Generator easily overwhelms and abducts the Observatory when it's at full power. No trickery, no stealing of power, just straight-up domination.
How does Bowsers Galaxy Generator abducting the Observatory prove that Bowser himself can directly overpower Rosalina?

@Dust Collector It doesn't directly prove it. But given that this is the only time that Rosalina is ever confronted on-screen in anything that resembles combat outside of SSB, it must speak for something, given that Rosalina has full control of a body that we can only assume is around 7 times more powerful than that which Bowser controls (as the Comet Observatory is powered by 7 Grand Stars while the Galaxy Generator is only powered by one).

Well after reading your post both instances don't really prove Bowser is stronger then Rosalina the first game he just steals the observatory's power source we aren't told he fought her directly and in galaxy 2 his generator attacks the observatory not him so if anything that just means Bowser's tech and generator is on par with the observatory really. also sorry your post came before this one

@Js250476 See above.

If Rosalina ever showed us her combat prowess in anything other than SSB, I would gladly use that in lieu of the Bowser incidents as the judge of her AP etc. But she doesn't, and therefore we have to make do.

The alternative, of course, is to accept that there is no proper evidence we can use to judge. This would mean going into circumstantial evidence ("She didn't use her powers here, but if she were really strong she could've!") which I think we can all agree is not incredibly useful on its own.

Screw the rules I have an hilarious abridged series! OvO anyway I think that's good don't want to derail the thread after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back