• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saber has always fought in close range, also she's a swordswoman of honor and would never turn down from a fair duel. It goes without saying that she will be fighting Zoro in close range.

She is still too much of a stratagist to not use such strikes, as she shown multiple times, unless she lets her honor take over and completely gives up on supreme ranged in the battle (which would be strange since Zoro uses such strikes himself), he stands no chance.

But if we compare mountain levels how would Saber stop his mountain strike, she won't be able to dodge such an attack since the speed it covered space and severed Pica is completely hypersonic as well, but I don't know if you removed Zoro's striking and attack's speed as well.

I will try to do better from now on, this comments layout is not something typical for me.

Getaruka said:
She is still too much of a stratagist to not use such strikes, as she shown multiple times, unless she lets her honor take over and completely gives up on supreme ranged in the battle (which would be strange since Zoro uses such strikes himself), he stands no chance.
Would you please show examples where Saber has shown to fight at a range to utilize her advantage? Also "unless her honor takes over?" Are you seriously questioning her honor? She fought Diarmuid 2 times and never once she utilized her "range advantage" against him even though he had a much much shorter range than Zoro here.

ScarletFirefly said:
Getaruka said:
Would you please show examples where Saber has shown to fight at a range to utilize her advantage? Also "unless her honor takes over?" Are you seriously questioning her honor? She fought Diarmuid 2 times and never once she utilized her "range advantage" against him even though he had a much much shorter range than Zoro here.
Then why wasn't this weakness utilize in this thread yet?

ScarletFirefly said:
Stop the quoting please. And what weakness are you referring to excatly?
Her honor which would send her to a "fair" fight between the two, where her only chance of killing him is with the excalibur's charge which he won't allow her to get and is much weaker as far as striking speed (not speed itself) and lackluster swordmanship becuase while Saber is a great fighter she also relies a lot on magical powers while Zoro is purely a swordman and has been training his entire life to wield a blade against the strangest of blade wielding foes.

None of this has been mentioned in here until now as if it doesn't matter that he is better skilled, faster, more precise and cunning fighter.

Getaruka said:
Then why wasn't this weakness utilize in this thread yet?
Because Zoro has no way of effectively making use of it. Btw, speed equalized means ALL speeds are equalized, including attack speed and reaction speed.

NotEvenHuman said:
Because Zoro has no way of effectively making use of it. Btw, speed equalized means ALL speeds are equalized, including attack speed and reaction speed.
That's not the only adventage Zoro got over her, her pride and lesser skill would be her down fall.

@Getaruka

You know, for a person claiming to have Saber as a favorite between the two, you are not responding to my questions on her showings. I asked you to provide examples when you said Saber is smart and uses her range advantage, and I've yet to receive a reply.

Now you're saying that Saber's only chance to kill Zoro is by charging her Excalibur. Do you even know what Excalibur is capable of?

@ScarletFilefly

It's been years since I watched it but she does use ranged attacks and noted as a master stratigist of both polotics and combat. It would seem strange for her to not utilize her range and you can just look up every single time she used a ranged attack.

It can do an insane amount of damage but it's regular attacks won't bypass haki, a strong enough haki can overpower a strike which splits a continent. Not saying Zoro's is at that level yet but stopping an attack breaking through military cohort is a basic feat in One Piece in general.

Also, and I can't believe I forgot this, Zoro has attacks which make him faster, he literally has a blitz attack which is always much faster than he is at any given moment, so there's an argument to be made here regarding their speed.

Getaruka said:
@ScarletFilefly
It's been years since I watched it but she does use ranged attacks and noted as a master stratigist of both polotics and combat. It would seem strange for her to not utilize her and you can just look up every single time she used a ranged attack.
You're claiming she does use ranged attacks and you have nothing to show for it. Being a smart leader is different from combat entirely. Before she's a leader, she's a knight and knights are bound by honor.

Getaruka said:
@ScarletFilefly
It can do an insave amount of damage but it's regular attacks won't bypass haki, a strong enough haki can overpower a strike which splits a continent. Not saying Zoro's is at that level yet but stopping an attack breaking through military cohort is a basic feat in One Piece in general.
Woah there, this is a mighty fine claim you're making. Anything to back this up? Also Excalibur's regular attacks won't bypass Haki? Saber has obliterated with a single small blast the upper half of a man who could level a mountain with a swing of his sword. But you would know all this right?

EDIT: Speed is equalized so any speed boosting is not valid. In that case Saber can boost her speed also. Any speed arguments are moot here.

@ScarletFirefly

So at the very least you admit she gives up on her ranged attacks.

As for continent level attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv_nEmtIGUU

The guy with the nail-head can split continents and has been shows to split entire graciers with no effort and Garp smashed it with his haki enforced fist.

Edit: If speed augments are mood here than why did they matter when you compared Zoro to Erza? Speed augments are not to be ignored, you equalized their base speed not speed based attacks.

Didn't say she gives up on her ranged attacks, are you even following me? Even if she did, I already explained to you she can use her sword in point blank range to atomize the opponent.

As for Chinjao, he split an arctic continent in two yes, but you're severely mistaken about his AP. He's calced at Island level, so yeah.

Also this whole argument of yours is completely moot since Zoro<<Chinjao<Garp

He is still island level with a single attack without breaking a sweat while Saber needs to charge excalibur to annihilate a small island.

Her long ranged attacks which aren't a fully charged excalibur won't hit Zoro from too far long range, once they get close her strikes won't strike Zoro because while they are of equal speed and both have precog Zoro is far too skilled with a blade. You can't ignore the fact that Zoro has a clear skill advantage over here from both training with Mihawk and experience.

Also, you state that killing a man who has a lot of strenght somehow shows that he is durable enough to withstand such attacks, people in One Piece are way too tanky - kids survive trains and regular bird people withstand point blank nuclear blasts..

Edit: A simple atomizing strike will never kill Zoro, not most anyone who's anybody in One Piece.

Chinjao is completely irrelevant here since it's Zoro not him here. And Zoro is nowhere near him.

Getaruka said:
A simple atomizing strike will never kill Zoro, not most anyone who's anybody in One Piece.
I literally cannot believe what you just wrote here. You do realize what an atomizing strike is right?

Getaruka said:
Her long ranged attacks which aren't a fully charged excalibur
What?

Getaruka said:
once they get close her strikes won't strike Zoro because while they are of equal speed and both have precog Zoro is far too skilled with a blade.
Literally what?

Getaruka said:
You can't ignore the fact that Zoro has a clear skill advantage over here from both training with Mihawk and experience.
A clear skill advantage? Saber has fought legendary swordsmen from all legends, has proven herself the best swordswoman in her nation and chosen to lead them at the age of 14, has survived attacks that always kill and break dimensions and Zoro has a clear advantage is swordsmanship?

Do you not understand how stupid is haki, right? You can grab light itself and punch it in the face in One Piece. In One Piece people survive stupid shit like nuclear bombs and the bottom of the ocean without even hardening their body with Haki.

She won't be able to hit him from range if speed is equalized and as he, like her, will be able to dodge those attacks, only the Exalibur's charged attack which was sited here as what will get her the win can possibly break Zoro and that's given he won't dodge since that attack would travel as quickly as her others - not to mention she can't utilize it. Her other ranged attacks are of no use to Zoro since he can block, dodge or simply tank plenty of them.

Zoro is more skilled than her in swordmanship, simply taking into account that she is also a politicial and leader would take time off her swordmanship and hense her skill with the blade.

Zoro's character is build arround surviving certain death and beyond that. Saber's tankiness comes a lot from her resistense to magic which Zoro doesn't use and her base resistence is equal if not lesser than that of Zoro since Zoro is yet to get hit once post Time Skip

@Scarlet As i said before, this isn't going anywhere. This guy is showing a very obvious bias towards One Piece, and he won't stop. There's no point in arguing with him.

Getaruka said:
Do you not understand how stupid is haki, right? You can grab light itself and punch it in the face in One Piece. In One Piece people survive stupid shi9t like nuclear bombs and the bottom of the ocean without even hardening their body with Haki.
Ok I'm gonna disregard this completely since this contains nothing whatsoever in favor of Zoro. Just wanking OP in general, moving on.

Getaruka said:
She won't be able to hit him from range is speed is equalized and as he, like her, will be able to dodge those attacks, only the Exalibur's charged attack which was sited here as what will get her the win possibly break Zoro and that's given he won't dodge since that attack would travel as quickly as her others - not to mention she can't utilize it. Her other ranged attacks are of no use to Zoro since he can block, dodge or simply tank plenty of them.
This is the third of fourth time I'm saying to you that Excalibur doesn't need to be charged. She has demonstrated this two times, once against Iskandar and once against Heracles.

Getaruka said:
Zoro is more skilled than her in swordmanship, simply taking into account that she is also a politicial and leader would take time off her swordmanship and hense her skill with the blade.
You do realize you're grasping at straws at this point right? But fine, I'll play along. Saber has peerless swordsmanship, she had led the charge of her army in every battle. Also you do realise she has trained in her sleep with Merlin right?

The longer this debate drags, the more I'm beginning to understand you know absolutely nothing about Saber, just what's show on her profile here.

NotEvenHuman said:
@Scarlet As i said before, this isn't going anywhere. This guy is showing a very obvious bias towards One Piece, and he won't stop. There's no point in arguing with him.
I am willing to accept that Saber can defeat Zoro but this doesn't seam to me since I am yet to see a concrete way in which she decisively wins, you claim Zoro stood a chance against her but you only started talking about all the ways he does after I showed up without even mentioning it.

What would it take for Zoro to take her down, obviously it's not skill, basic blitz attacks and a superior precog because he can also predict from the range you will attack, know how much harm it would do and locate you all around the place without having to see you.

NotEvenHuman said:
I realize that. But being biased is fine, I don't care about that. As long as you show proof for you claims fine. The dude is completely disregarding my questions about Saber and speaks in general terms about what OP characters can do.

@Getaruka

Unless you have anything else to say, supporting it with proof, I'm done here.

@ScarletFirefly

What did I disgard? Zoro did survive the bottom of the ocean with ease and haki is an invisible invincible armor around one's entire body. The only way to get past it is with superior haki or an amazing amout of superior power which only the Excalibur possesses in this case.

I don't think that an attack capable of oblitirating people would work against Zoro as he has shown to be able to withstand certain death and simply not die much like Saber did with the attack that always kills and his precog and abillity to block pretty much anything with his blades should be taken into account.

Again, what would it take for you to consider that Zoro may win this? I made a case to why he is a superior more cunning swordman even with speed off.

I am not repeating myself again, look at the replies and you'll know.

much like Saber did with the attack that always kills
Can you please name this attack, I really wanna know if you can.

I believe there is some sort of rule regarding bumping a thread that's been concluded or are rather old.

That on top of this argument really going nowhere, it might be best to close this. Sorry.

If a staff member believes this should be reopened they can message me or unlock it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back