• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the wonderful world of anime! Where Shirou Emiya goes from a pathetic 9B to a casual mountain buster within 5 days.

Where Son Goha goes from Baseline planet to Solar system buster in less Then a year despite his age.

Where being logical and making logical assumptions, is illogical!

In all seriousness, applying real life logic is always, or at least 90% of the time, inconsistent and contradictory

ScarletFirefly said:
Couldn't disagree more with the outcome, but apparently I missed this.
I will retract my vote as well. TBH I didn't even really think about this, everyone voted for Zoro so I did too, in order to fit in with the cool kids.

It's not like Zoro knows about Hidan's immortality, so he would probably stab Hidan and think he's dead. Which ends up with Hidan simply coming back and taking some of his blood and then it's over. Zoro has literally zero defenses against Hidan's voodoo doll jutsu thingy. He can just stab himself in the face and boom, Zoro's dead. Zoro has no Regenerationn or immortality to save himself from this.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Zoro and easily. Massive range advantage, massive stamina advantage, has precog and statistics amplification ( To a unknown degree.) With Haki. Hidan's immortality here is useless.
Hmm let's see... Range doesn't matter, stamina doesn't matter either since Hidan is literally immortal. And Hidan also has very high stamina, in fact, we never even saw the limits of his stamina. Just because Zoro has "extremely high stamina" on his profile and Hidan only has "very high" on his profile doesn't mean Zoro has a massive stamina advantage. Remember, there isn't a set tier list for stamina like there is for AP. Therefore "very high" and "extremely high" can pretty much mean the same thing, just worded differently. Stamina doesn't mean shit against someone who can remain alive when their head is literally cut off.

Precog would actually help Zoro but i'm pretty sure that even with precog, Hidan would at least be able to get one scratch on Zoro. Zoro has very shitty statistics amp lmfao. It's hardly statistics amp at all. It's just Haki, all it does is harden his skin and increase his AP a little. Not gonna do shit since Hidan can literally be blown into pieces and survive.

WTF do you mean Hidan's immortality is useless? At least give a reason for that. It's not useless at all dude. A single drop of Zoro's blood and it's over. Remember, Zoro is in character. He would probably let Hidan do his blood ritual thing, because of his pride and shit. And boom, Hidan stabs himself in the face or heart and Zoro's dead.

TBH Knight, your reasons as to why Zoro wins are pretty bad.

Well for starters, the "Zoro is better than Hidan in everything" is a massive overstatement.

- Skill: This is almost 'always' debatable. While Zoro certainly is skilled, Hidan is no joke either. He's a high class shinobi who could not only keep up, but actually toy with more than one skilled shinobi at a time.

- Speed: Actually Hidan is faster. Zoro is scaled from a Mach 270 feat while Hidan is Mach 380.

- Range: Yes, Hidan is outclassed in range, but let's be honest, Zoro will not stay away and spam slashes like a madman. Not only is that not effective due to Hidan's better speed, but also it's not in Zoro's character. If Hidan charges him like he always does, Zoro will accept the challenge head on.

Now Hidan's scythe is a highly versatile weapon that can be guided and directed with the help of the rope attached to it. He could block multiple shuriken attacks with it as well as attack in unpredictable patterns because the scythe would turn and strike again thanks to the rope.

Asuma didn't manage to land a single strike on Hidan while the latter was also dodging Shikamaru's multiple shadows attack, all this while Hidan handled his scythe and attacked with it. Considering Shikamaru is great at predicting opponents a few steps ahead, that speaks volumes of Hidan's prowess in agility. He also toyed with both Izumo and Kotetsu as well as Kakashi.

Hidan's absurd tolerance to pain is also a great helping factor. He shrugged off several lethal attacks as well as getting burned by Asuma's ash attack and it didn't even slow him down while Asuma couldn't even stand after that. He was pierced numerous times by Shikamaru's shadows and still used the scythe with both hands without problems.

His greatest asset is the curse technique. If he so much as draws blood from the opponent (his scythe is actually designed for this purpose), he's essentially dead. Zoro has absolutely no knowledge on Hidan's abilities and when he figures it out, it will be too late.

Zoro's precognition is very similar to the Sharingan, with the exeption it doesn't require vision of the opponent. But, unlike the Sharingan, Zoro's precog is not constant, and Hidan was able to fight with Kakashi and put him on a very difficult spot despite his Sharingan.

The fact that Hidan needs only a scratch to apply the curse and also the fact that he's faster will give him the win, although with moderate difficulty due to Zoro's skill and stamina.

Gargoyle One said:
Hidan doesn't have anything to go on at all.....Zoro takes this via superior...Well...Everything, skill is the only arguable factor.

Weaponry, abilities, range stamina.

Zoro takes this.
lel

Seriously, the only reasons for Zoro were "better stamina and range" which isn't even true, and it doesn't even matter since Hidan is immortal. And everyone is like "yeah sure, I'll vote for Zoro, why not".

I vote Hidan as well.

EDIT: Someone should remove the win Zoro has over Hidan on his profile.

[I]Gargoyle One said:
Hidan doesn't have anything to go on at all.....Zoro takes this via superior...Well...Everything, skill is the only arguable factor.

Weaponry, abilities, range stamina.

Zoro takes this.[/I]
Lol wut?

Zoro doesn't have superior everything.

Weaponry is arguable. It doesn't really matter, it's the skill that matters. Zoro doesn't have better stamina that Hidan, and even if he did, Hidan can keep fighting even when his head is cut off. Can Zoro do that? Nope. Zoro has better abilities? LMFAO no. Hidan is the dude with immortality and his crazy hax voodoo doll ability. Zoro can do what? Cut? Weak Precog? And harden his skin? Yeah no. Range doesn't matter either since Hidan is immortal. You can chop him up from a distance or right in front of him, it doesn't matter at all really...

Skytheblue said:
TBH I didn't even really think about this, everyone voted for Zoro so I did too, in order to fit in with the cool kids.
This is a recurring problem in threads where a character has no supporter currently while the other has several. The hive mind starts a snowball effect.

Skytheblue said:
Hidan can keep fighting even when his head is cut off.
No dude he can't. He is conscious but he can't move his body anymore. If his limbs are severed then yes, head no.

PaChi2 said:
Hidan has been severely downplayed here. Just saying.
I honestly believe that Hidan will damage Zoro in some way because that's something usual in cqc unless there is something preventing it. Also, friendly reminder, but Hidan can pull a "I let you stab my stomach so I can hit you". As zoro doesnt have any knowledge over Hidan's immortality and curse, he is likely to make such mistake.

Yeah, voting hidan.

PaChi2 said:
Hidan can pull a "I let you stab my stomach so I can hit you". As zoro doesnt have any knowledge over Hidan's immortality and curse, he is likely to make such mistake.
Exactly, they're in character so Zoro will probably try to play fair because of his pride. Then boom, Hidan stabs himself and Zoro is dead. Durability is not a factor here. Hidan has no qualms about doing something like this.

Lol wut?

Zoro doesn't have superior everything.

Weaponry is arguable. It doesn't really matter, it's the skill that matters. Zoro doesn't have better stamina that Hidan, and even if he did, Hidan can keep fighting even when his head is cut off. Can Zoro do that? Nope. Zoro has better abilities? LMFAO no. Hidan is the dude with immortality and his crazy hax voodoo doll ability. Zoro can do what? Cut? Weak Precog? And harden his skin? Yeah no. Range doesn't matter either since Hidan is immortal. You can chop him up from a distance or right in front of him, it doesn't matter at all really...

I can very obviously tell considering I voted Hidan, but thanks I guess.

@Sky

Actually my reasons were pretty good. I made decent claims and I even said that both characters have the chance to kill each other so I don't see how it was bad in any type of way thank you. ._. That was pretty rude and uncalled for.

Also Scarlet i never said that Zoro was more skilled than Hidan more skilled than Hidan.

Secondly isn't mach 270 from pre time skip? Pretty sure Zoro should be faster than that by this point but i see your point.

And if Hidan charges in close quarters that'll be the end of him. As i said Zoro will not play around like he did pre time skip. And Hidan isn't a swordsman so i don't see why you think Zoro would be happy to to fight Hidan like he does when he fights actual swordsman.

Also really comparing shurikens to his swords? Now that's just absurd. 1: Their much shorter than Zoro's swords in CQC 2: When thrown they give Hidan time to react.

And I've already explained how Zoro's precog is working better than the sharigan but I'm pretty sure you didn't take the time to actually read my comment so I'm not gonna repeat myself again.

Once again you can't compare Zoro to Shikamaru or Asuma. With Shikmaru he's attack very long ranged giving Hidan time to react and dodge them. Saying that Asuma didn't land a single strike on Hidan is the equivalent of me saying that the fishmen Zoro fought never landed a single strike on him. My reasons still stand.

"Secondly isn't mach 270 from pre time skip? Pretty sure Zoro should be faster than that by this point but i see yours point"

Yes, the mach 270 feat was pre timeskip but Hidan scales to a mach 380 feat. There's no proof that Zoro reached that speed in the Fishman Island arc. So we're still going to consider Zoro to be in the mach 270 range. Meaning that Hidan is quite a bit faster.

"And if Hidan charges in close quarters that'll be the end of him. As i said Zoro will not play around like he did pre time skip. And Hidan isn't a swordsman so i don't see why you think Zoro would be happy to to fight Hidan like he does when he fights actual swordsman"

No, stop it. You keep acting like Zoro is insanely more powerful than Hidan in terms of AP. They're both 7-C, so even if Hidan fights Zoro in close combat, he's not going to get curbstomped like you keep saying he will. Hidan will be just fine.

Also, stop making things up. Since when does Zoro only play around with swordsmen? Remember his fight with Pica? He was playing around with Pica for most of the fight, even though he could have one shotted him any time. You're seriously just making things up at this point to give Zoro the edge. Since when does Zoro try to straight up murder someone in a fight? Never.

Also, Zoro's specialty in Haki isn't Kenbonshoku, it's Busoshoku haki. He only ever used Kenbonshoku haki once IIRC. And it was to sense where Pica was, he never used it in close combat. And even though he has precog, it's pretty shitty precog if you ask me since he almost never uses it. And even if he does, Hidan is way faster so it wouldn't be much of an advantage.

"Also really comparing shurikens to his swords? Now that's just absurd. 1: Their much shorter than Zoro's swords in CQC 2: When thrown they give Hidan time to react."

No... We can use the exact same logic with Zoro's swords. When Zoro swings, it gives Hidan time to react. See?

Also, Hidan is much faster than Zoro so he shouldn't have much problems dodging Zoro's attacks.

Once again, you seem to think that Zoro is far far superior in AP and overall power, but that's not the case.

"Once again you can't compare Zoro to Shikamaru or Asuma. With Shikmaru he's attack very long ranged giving Hidan time to react and dodge them. Saying that Asuma didn't land a single strike on Hidan is the equivalent of me saying that the fishmen Zoro fought never landed a single strike on him."

Like I said, there's still time needed for Zoro to swing his swords, giving Hidan time to react and dodge. Sword swinging isn't instantaneous. And also, Hidan is quite a bit faster. Dodging Zoro's attacks shouldn't be too difficult for him.

Hidan just needs a single drop of blood, and Zoro is dead. Zoro needs to literally chop up Hidan to hundreds of pieces to possibly kill him. And that won't be easy since Hidan is much faster and they both have similar AP. And even if he does chop up Hidan, he'll likely survive since he easily survived Shikamaru's nuke attack.

@Knight

It's really funny you saying shurikens and Shikamaru's shadows give Hidan time to react but apparently Zoro can just keep the distance and spam ranged attacks at Hidan. You're making zero sense.

You know, I would be willing to debate this more, but you're really downplaying Hidan here and basically implying Asuma is fodder and comparing him to fodder fishmen.

Ok now you're blatantly making up stats. Saying Zoro hasn't gotten faster during the time skip is pure down play. And you know that.

Perhaps if you actually took time to read my previous comment you'd see that I said the reason Zoro would beat Hidan in CQC is due to his mind set. Never brought AP up once so don't put words in my mouth thank you very much.

I have my doubts that you've seen the Pica fight. Half the time Pica was running away and avoiding Zoro for the majority of the fight and as we saw in the end Zoro didn't mess around with. But that's irrelevant here seeing as how we're using fish man island Zoro.

Much less time to react. Lmao I'm not even gonna bother explaining to you it's like taking to a brick wall now. Once again i never said that Zoro had an AP advantage. Are you just reading what you want to hear?

Also Zoro doesn't need to kill Hidan. All he needs to do is incap him ( Chopping off his head, arm's etc.) And even if you can somehow prove Zoro is still mach 270 Hidan isn't much faster as you day. Especially since Zoro can keep up with precog

And if Hidan charges in close quarters that'll be the end of him. As i said Zoro will not play around like he did pre time skip. And Hidan isn't a swordsman so i don't see why you think Zoro would be happy to to fight Hidan like he does when he fights actual swordsman.

Uhm, what are you on about? How is Zoro not playing around equivalent to Hidan getting killed in close quarters? And no, Hidan is not a swordsman, but he's a fighter that prefers close combat, same as Zoro. So your reasoning is flawed.

Also really comparing shurikens to his swords? Now that's just absurd. 1: Their much shorter than Zoro's swords in CQC 2: When thrown they give Hidan time to react.

I'm pretty sure this argument was made to show Hidan's versatility and agility with the scythe. You're missing the point.

And I've already explained how Zoro's precog is working better than the sharigan but I'm pretty sure you didn't take the time to actually read my comment so I'm not gonna repeat myself again.

Yeah you did, which was nothing. Zoro's precog is not constant and the argument about him having different weapons to attack with, is not only rendered moot by the fact that Hidan could keep up with 3 opponent's at once, but also the fact that it's the equivalent of my saying Kakashi has 4 limbs he can use to attack Hidan with not including jutsus here. And the killing intent argument doesn't hold any water as it is the very basic thing that is required for the power to even work on lower levels. Higher level users can ommit that fact entirely.

Once again you can't compare Zoro to Shikamaru or Asuma. With Shikmaru he's attack very long ranged giving Hidan time to react and dodge them. Saying that Asuma didn't land a single strike on Hidan is the equivalent of me saying that the fishmen Zoro fought never landed a single strike on him.

This is just lol worthy honestly and not even worth entertaining. You are severely underestimating Hidan while wanking Zoro at the same time.

Also @OP count my vote for Hidan.

@Scarlet

I never said he'd spam ranged attacks. Understand what I'm saying. If Zoro and Hidan engage in CQC it'll be harder for Hidan to dodge attacks close up rather dodging ranged attacks which take some time to close the distance. Also I'm not downplaying at all, if I was I wouldn't have said that he could kill Zoro given the chance. ._. And Asuma isn't much compared to Zoro but I'm not going to get into that now. And me comparing him to fish men was a little hyperbole on my part I thought you'd understand. But it seems not.

>Wanking Zoro

Umm pretty sure I'm not wanking anyone lmao. Actually know what OP just go ahead and retract my vote. I could really care less about this at this point.

People going on and on about irrelavant stuff like range when Zoro isn't a ranged fighter at all.

And no on is considering the scenario where Hidan can just let Zoro stab him, and while Zoro is dumbfounded by the fact it did literally nothing, Hidan proceeds to either slice his head off or draw blood and kill him with the ritual which Zoro has no idea how it works.

"Ok now you're blatantly making up stats. Saying Zoro hasn't gotten faster during the time skip is pure down play. And you know that."

First of all, I know Zoro got faster over the timeskip, but there's nothing to prove that he went from Mach 270 to Mach 380, or beyond. So we have no choice but to assume that Hidan is faster, even if it's just a little.

"Perhaps if you actually took time to read my previous comment you'd see that I said the reason Zoro would beat Hidan in CQC is due to his mind set. Never brought AP up once so don't put words in my mouth thank you very much."

LOL wut? Zoro would beat Hidan in close combat because of his "mind set"? What does that even mean? You basically admitted that Zoro and Hidan have the same AP, yet Zoro is able to defeat Hidan because of his "mind set"? Explain more. Are you saying that Zoro is more determined to kill or something? Zoro rarely ever kills. I don't think he ever killed his opponent. He usually just cuts them up and walks away. And he certainly never beheaded his opponent either. They're in character, Zoro has never beheaded or even killed his opponent IIRC so stop acting like he'll immediately try to murder Hidan. And even if Zoro is determined to behead Hidan and kill him, how will he? Hidan is faster and have similar AP. It's not going to be easy. Meanwhile, all Hidan has to do is steal blood and the fight's over.

"I have my doubts that you've seen the Pica fight. Half the time Pica was running away and avoiding Zoro for the majority of the fight and as we saw in the end Zoro didn't mess around with. But that's irrelevant here seeing as how we're using fish man island Zoro."

That's my entire point dude. He only got serious in the end. Zoro was capable of one shotting Pica any time but he didn't. He just screwed around and only got serious at the very end. If he did that with Hidan, he would die evetually from the blood jutsu.

And take it easy with the insults, saying "it's like i'm talking to a brick wall" isn't gonna get you anywhere. It just makes you sound angry and desperate. Just because I don't agree that Zoro wins this doesn't mean you have to get all butthurt.

@Knight

You're being excessively antagonistic and I'm going to have to ask you to tone it down.

Sky is right, zoro didn't get any stronger from fish man island to dressrossa, all of his post time skip strength comes from his training which happened before fishman Island, Zoro in fishman Island is the exact same one at dressrossa, 0 difference in power, he didn't even fight anyone strong he just breezed through to dressrossa without putting in any effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back