• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roland Deschain VS Saint of Killers

Saint has infinite ammo guns that never miss and was so fast he scared Jesse out of commanding him to do anything by simply stating without a doubt his hand is faster than someone speaking even a single word. This is standard arena far as I see, so there are trees and the like to hide behind. Roland's aim is superhuman, but its not 'consistently hit a guy who may actually be able to teleport fast. Because he seemed able to teleport in the comic. Its not in his profile though.
Saint explticly is that accurate because his guns aim for him and also wallhack. They both shoot, the both hide behind tree, Roland may or may not hit him, Saint does hit. Saint killed god in 1 shot. Roland is nowhere near strong enough to tank even a single hit.
If the vs battles distance wasn't so close, I'd see Roland simply sniping him. I don't remember saint having any impressive vision or anything. His powerset was basically:
Kills in 1 hit
Always hits
Appears when he wants to, where he wants to, with some limitation that doesn't matter here
Can't be moved, unless he wants to
Really strong

But they start super close in a standard arena covered in cover that he negates and roland does not

I only read the first 1, 2 books of Dark Tower. This bullet that killed a maybe 1-a guy. Is that his standard gear? I seem to remember him shooting people and them not dying in 1 shot every single time. Suggests its not his standard gear. How did he kill mr 1.a exactly?
Saints 1 shot bullets are standard.

Oh and I'm voting that Saint wins. Its that or they tie. Nothing in roland's profile suggests he can shoot fast enough to kill Saint before he fires a gun once. Once he did that, that bullet WILL hit. Unless Roland's bullets are more durable than God then saint's bullets will just plow right through roland's like they did tanks and god. It doesn't matter if Roland can block his shots when Roland's bullets need to be more durable than a guy who tanked a nuke and didn't care to not be broken mid-flight.
If whatever bullet he used to kill 1-a guy have durability comparable to their attack power, then they'd probably be able to do it, but standard bullets no.

Oh also thinking on it saint may technically be dead. He wasn't revived from the dead like Jesse was. He died, killed death, and became death. I don't think its ever stated if that revived him or made him undead.
If its the latter roland literally can't hurt him according to his profile.

Last edited:
Saint has infinite ammo guns that never miss and was so fast he scared Jesse out of commanding him to do anything by simply stating without a doubt his hand is faster than someone speaking even a single word. This is standard arena far as I see, so there are trees and the like to hide behind. Roland's aim is superhuman, but its not 'consistently hit a guy who may actually be able to teleport fast. Because he seemed able to teleport in the comic. Its not in his profile though.
Ronald possess both Telepathy and Instinctive Reaction, he can also shoot and reload his revolvers with such speed that he appears to be using machineguns and he scale to Randall who crossed from one side of a room to another at FTE speeds, due of this he may have high chance to dodge Saint's bullets.

Also, do you have any proof of Saint be able to actually teleport rather than just moving at FTE speed? Unless it is directly stated or show i don't think Saint possess Teleportation.
Oh and I'm voting that Saint wins. Its that or they tie. Nothing in roland's profile suggests he can shoot fast enough to kill Saint before he fires a gun once. Once he did that, that bullet WILL hit. Unless Roland's bullets are more durable than God then saint's bullets will just plow right through roland's like they did tanks and god. It doesn't matter if Roland can block his shots when Roland's bullets need to be more durable than a guy who tanked a nuke and didn't care to not be broken mid-flight.
If whatever bullet he used to kill 1-a guy have durability comparable to their attack power, then they'd probably be able to do it, but standard bullets no.
Guns of Deschain have be capacity to permanently kill begins that are likely even harder to kill than the Saint like the The Crimson King, someone who had Type 1 Abstract Existence, High-Godly Regeneration, Invulnerability and Type 1, 3, 8 and 9 Immortality.
Oh also thinking on it saint may technically be dead. He wasn't revived from the dead like Jesse was. He died, killed death, and became death. I don't think its ever stated if that revived him or made him undead.
The Saint have been revived yes but as an Angel of Death, which seen to differ than your typical undead zombie.

Does it matter if its 'different to your typical undead?'. If its undead, roland can't hurt it. Saint died. He's undead, far as I'm understanding it. Roland can't hurt him.
This is a stomp. His profile doesn't say 'ghosts' or 'zombies' it says 'undead'.

And Roland can't dodge saints bullets. They home. They punch through obstacles with no loss of speed or damage taken, up to and including actual tanks, then continue to home, until they hit. Roland doesn't have the speed to outrun them. He can't hide from them, they home without needing vision. His only hope is to shoot them all out except far as I read Roland needed to reload and didn't have infintie ammo. Saint doesn't need to reload and has infinite ammo.
And he can only even do that if his bullets, regular ones, can kill that high tier guy. Not just some special bullet he only has 1 of or something. Because saints regular bullets go through multiple layers of a tank with no issue. They'd break regular bullets on contact.

And nah his teleportation was never stated. He seemed to do it a lot, and threatened to just travel to heaven once which caused an angel to immediately come down so he didn't do that, implying he's capable of just straight up teleporting to heaven if he wants, but the angel talked him out of it.

You didn't answer the question though. What bullet did he use to kill that thing? Just a normal one? Does he always kill in 1 hit. I don't think he does, but as I said, I only read book 1 and 2, and it was long ago. His bullets being magically buffed by the gun to kill some 1-a guy doesn't mean they're also magically buffed to have super durability. They could be just piercing defense for all I know.

Last edited:
Does it matter if its 'different to your typical undead?'. If its undead, roland can't hurt it. Saint died. He's undead, far as I'm understanding it. Roland can't hurt him.
That like saying that return back to life with Necromancy and Resurrection bring the same result, which isn't correct.

Undead usually refer to reanimated rotten corpses, the Saint doesn't looks like anything close to that, the Saint it still vulnerable.

Ooooh, I love this amtch thematically! Sadly, I don't think that'll end up good for Roland.

Y'see, if Roland's bullets somehow did wound the Saint, absolutely, the Saint would die. The hax present on the bullets guarantees that. Roland is faster and a better gunslinger than the Saint ever was. There's no question about it. The thing is that Roland's bullets need to actually penetrate and wound the targets; the bullets do not negate durability, just the immortality. And the Saint can take his shots all day, unfazed, and a single shot of his, thanks to his unerring bullets, will end Roland.

I don't wanna call it a stomp but... it sort of is, I can't see Roland winning this.

That like saying that return back to life with Necromancy and Resurrection bring the same result, which isn't correct.

Undead usually refer to reanimated rotten corpses, the Saint doesn't looks like anything close to that, the Saint it still vulnerable.
From what I remember of his story the saint died, went to hell, froze it, then exited hell. At no point was he ever stated to be revived, or alive. And Roland's profile says nothing about what its referring to as undead. The Saint is dead, yet he moves. He's undead. Roland can't harm him.

Ooooh, I love this amtch thematically! Sadly, I don't think that'll end up good for Roland.

Y'see, if Roland's bullets somehow did wound the Saint, absolutely, the Saint would die. The hax present on the bullets guarantees that. Roland is faster and a better gunslinger than the Saint ever was. There's no question about it. The thing is that Roland's bullets need to actually penetrate and wound the targets; the bullets do not negate durability, just the immortality. And the Saint can take his shots all day, unfazed, and a single shot of his, thanks to his unerring bullets, will end Roland.

I don't wanna call it a stomp but... it sort of is, I can't see Roland winning this.
So his bullets aren't super strong? So Saint also likely DOES just go through Roland's bullets with his own if Roland tries to block them. Although he'd be overwhelmed even if this wasn't the case since he needs to reload and Saint never does. Link to his 'blocking bullets with his gun' is dead, but it only says 'multiple' and that he also got overwhelmed. It doesn't sound like he's skilled enough to pull off his bullet block against what saint has, like his bullets are tought enough to block saints or like he can even hurt saint to begin with unless I'm misremembering and at some point someone does say ''btw saint got revived offscreen'' rather than the ''btw saint is dead but he just doesnt care'' I remember being the case.

So his bullets aren't super strong? So Saint also likely DOES just go through Roland's bullets with his own if Roland tries to block them.
They are super strong, but like, 9-A versus the Saint's 7-A durability.
Although he'd be overwhelmed even if this wasn't the case since he needs to reload and Saint never does. Link to his 'blocking bullets with his gun' is dead, but it only says 'multiple' and that he also got overwhelmed. It doesn't sound like he's skilled enough to pull off his bullet block against what saint has, like his bullets are tought enough to block saints or like he can even hurt saint to begin with unless I'm misremembering and at some point someone does say ''btw saint got revived offscreen'' rather than the ''btw saint is dead but he just doesnt care'' I remember being the case.
It's from the film, it's an easy scene to find. I'll try to link it ASAP.

In any case, it wouldn't really work, the Saint's guns are not allowed to miss their target. If the Saint aims at Roland and not his guns, he isn't going to miss.

They are super strong, but like, 9-A versus the Saint's 7-A durability.

In any case, it wouldn't really work, the Saint's guns are not allowed to miss their target. If the Saint aims at Roland and not his guns, he isn't going to miss.
Wrong, Roland's bullets can hurt, neg the inmortality/regen and also kill tier 1 beings such as the Crimson King, tf can the Saint even do anything here??

Roland could kill someone with HD, High Godly, invulnerability and inmortality type 8 & 9.

I'm sure Roland could just kill Saint just fine.
Roland has dura neg, he can kill beings leagues above his tier such as the Crimson King. He can also bypass invulnerability.....,this is the very definition of Durability negation.

Roland just needs durability negation added on his profile, as his profile is outdated

Last edited:
Wrong, Roland's bullets can hurt, neg the inmortality/regen and also kill tier 1 beings such as the Crimson King, tf can the Saint even do anything here??
Shoot him and win because his bullets killed the entire host of heaven including god and his bullets are hax bullets that always kill in 1 hit, never miss, never need to be reloaded, punch through obstacles and are consistently able to do this on top of being infinite ammo.

The very best scenario for roland is a tie. His bullets aren't physically fast enough to work before saint shoots once, and saints bullets are haxed to never miss.

Unless Roland's bullets have feats of destroying bullets that punch through tanks or similar levels of durability, he can't meaningfully deflect them enough to avoid death. Atr best he's knocking them back then dying because he needs to reload.

Doesn't answer my question. Why is he only blocking bullets?

They literally are caught unarmed.
Where is he even showing the ability to block bullets at all with his own? He blocks with his gun.

Last edited:
Doesn't answer my question. Why is he only blocking bullets?

They literally are caught unarmed.
Where is he even showing the ability to block bullets at all with his own? He blocks with his gun.

Book Roland is different from the TV version, WTF...,is much weaker

"
"
I was told this is a movie feat.
How does it play out in the book?

Roland could kill someone with HD, High Godly, invulnerability and inmortality type 8 & 9.

I'm sure Roland could just kill Saint just fine.
Roland has dura neg, he can kill beings leagues above his tier such as the Crimson King. He can also bypass invulnerability.....,this is the very definition of Durability negation.

Roland just needs durability negation added on his profile, as his profile is outdated
Then that's on the profile. It should be revised.

This thread should be close, now it's made clear that Roland stomps, and most people agree with it.

Pepper, no offense, but bumping this is getting annoying

Roland has dura neg, he can kill beings leagues above his tier such as the Crimson King.
Wasn't the crimson king insane, heavily weakened and basically a shell of his former self. Like hell after Patrick erased like 99% of the crimson king Roland straight up ignores the dude and walks away.

Wasn't the crimson king insane, heavily weakened and basically a shell of his former self. Like hell after Patrick erased like 99% of the crimson king Roland straight up ignores the dude and walks away.
Roland's bullets aren't ordinary bullets. They have supernatural properties.

And no, CK has a weakness and they bypassed his invulnerability and dura

Anyways, I'm unfollowing this

This thread should be close, now it's made clear that Roland stomps, and most people agree with it.
I mean i'm not sure if this should be called a stomp since both are more than fully capable to kill the other one, and Ronald only win due of having a slight advantage in speed.

Back