• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rodri's basics in stomp matches: Everyone vs Composite Tree

Alexcar3000 said:
Just throw a match at it.
If we did that, it would likely recover faster than it would burn

Not really, I'm not the fire, only I and the tree is speed equal. Not the fire. It would just burn, assuming SBA we're still in Central Park, it will burn the tree and all other trees surrounding it. I'm not exactly sure why was the PC even brought up since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only user who doesn't rely on it (also, I have a smartphone and no hypothetical peak, so I could have a data plan with me, giving myself pretty much unlimited and remote usage of internet and could also call/message via cellphone one of my dad's workers to crash into the tree with a truck filled with explosives and I would win via summoning with my phone without any prep time as I should have full command over my dad's workers and enough money to have them get to my location because of the hypothetical peak mentioned earlier) this tree match is really not a stomp match like Rodri thought, as Crabwhale already pointed out.

Also, if Rodri wants to remove outside help then the Tree won't get any Sun or nutrients from the Earth and it wouldn't be able to grow, but I still have my explosive equipment and stupid high stamina that will allow me to walk away to a safe detonation distance. The Tree's only hope is to get a stalemate somehow by having both of us killed or bored by our own aimless shenanigans.

Also, this is still just me alone vs the tree, who knows what the others would be able to do while I have loads of resources to spend on this -insert TFS Cooler voice- dumbass tree.

It's not that hard to phone call/message New York authorities about a humongous tree that is pretty much a huge pest problem because of its growth hazard, either. We still stomp, like a walk in the park. Also, no, authorities won't be 10/cm a day because that would mean the sunlight the leafy boy benefits from is 10/cm a day too and the implications all things related to aid the user would have speed equalized means we'll have atoms moving at such insane speeds the tree itself and everyone of us would have their molecules so fast and unstable we would all explode into a nuke or a singularity.

And when you less expect it, Spingy and Jevil take over the thread.

I'm reopening this because I want to argue with rodri

Alexcar3000 said:
Not really, I'm not the fire, only I and the tree is speed equal. Not the fire. It would just burn, assuming SBA we're still in Central Park, it will burn the tree and all other trees surrounding it.
That's the argument I was trying to make with the laser, but, according to Rodri's rules, everything is limited to 10 cm/day

That just makes colossal dents in the laws of physics and I'm pretty sure life wouldn't exist that way.

I recommend renaming this to "How to NOT make a stomp thread, or: rodri gets rekt lol"

Alexcar3000 said:
That just makes colossal dents in the laws of physics and I'm pretty sure life wouldn't exist that way.
It wouldn't, we would just be slowing down light to 10 cm/day, which is a perfectly natural phenomenon (read this or this if you want it in Spanish), we woudn't necessarily change the constant of the speed of light in a vacuum itself

You don't get it, if suddenly every single single thing is 10/cm a day things that only work because they're much slower will become utterly unstable (our molecules will go insane) and other functions such as breathing (which even the tree does) would get hammered down. Life wouldn't be able to sustain itself because none of our organs will work. Also, yes, we are not changing the equation of the speed of light in a vacuum, but we're making the light from our Sun travel at 10/cm a day, first, we would be blind because we wouldn't be able to see because light takes so much time to get reflected to our eyeballs nor our nervous system will be able to react fast enough nor would it be oxygenated enough and the composition of the oxygen molecules would likely be radioactive, but we would just all freeze to death because it would take an ungodly amount of years to reach and warm us.

Well, according to Rodri's rules, only combat speed is limited to 10 cm/day, so other instances of movement such as light that isn't directly done to affect either the tree or us, the users, would be limited to 10 cm/day, so other movement, such as light going to the tree and intravenous feeding would not be limited to that speed.

Nevertheless, if everything was capped to 10 cm/day, it still wouldn't cause much mayhem, because even the transfer of physical informatio would be capped to 10 cm/day. It would basically be like slowing down time for everything around the tree, while also slowing down the tree's metabolism, and also "speeding up", in a way, the growth and regen of the tree compared to the speed cap.

It's kinda strange that we're arguing about this here and not is VSBW, which has a significant amount of characters that can travel faster that the speed of light, something than is physically impossible in our universe.

Also, why are we arguing about this? We're going in the same direction anyways lol.

Changing my vote to everyone FRA

Back