• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rock Lee VS Sasuke Uchiha (Part 1)​

• Fight Location: Chūnin Exam Finals Arena
  • Starting Distance: 10m
  • Both in-character
  • Chūnin Exam Finals to Konaha Crush Sasuke was used. Rock Lee starts with the First Gate and without his weights.
Rock Lee: 4 (@speedster352, @CiscoTheSoto, @UchihaSlayer96, @Baken384)
Sasuke: 7 (@XSOULOFCINDERX, @Shadyboi0, @TauanVictor, @JED, @AnonymousBlank, @Nierre, @Sonicflare9)
Inconclusive:

Wonder how people think this would turn out. Not sure if it's a stomp or not. I personally don't think so, but I want to hear other people's opinions.

Last edited:
Sasuke One-Shots 1st Gate Lee. He's literally stated as Gaara's Strongest Opponent, which would include 5th Gate Lee.
Yea, I was sorta thinking that. However, I personally believe that Lee would still win this with difficulty, and the main reason I say that is the speed difference. Sasuke was stated to be equal only to a base Lee without his weights, and Lee himself noted that Sasuke is forced to use up a lot of stamina to maintain that natural speed. Lee start with the First Gate, which would increase his speed five times. So even if Sasuke went on the offensive, Lee would still be able to effortlessly dodge and predict Sasuke's movements, since his taijutsu was based on Lee's fighting style, and Lee knows his fighting style better than Sasuke does.

Sasuke doesn't have the full knowledge of Lee's fighting style since he wasn't there to see Lee's match with Gaara, meaning he doesn't know about the Eight Inner Gates. He only knows about that power-up that the First Gate provides.

And on the chance that Sasuke did manage to hit Lee, I don't think it would be a one-shot. It would injure him yes, but the gap in strength isn't large enough for Sasuke to one-shot him, since Lee was able to withstand Gaara's sand attacks in the First Gate and keep fighting without too much difficulty. I imagine Sasuke would also have some fun with Lee and be much more arrogant due to copying Lee's taijutsu and speed as well and wanting to get back at Lee for his humiliating loss before.

After seeing Sasuke's increased speed, Lee would likely realize that he couldn't mess around with Sasuke and understand he'd gotten much stronger during the month of training, so he would go up to the 3rd and 4th gate. Though he'd be incapable of damaging Sasuke in his base state or the first gate, once he goes up to the 4th gate, the AP gap is significantly lessened. Sasuke could possibly keep up with this mass speed difference with the Sharingan, but even if it could, his body wouldn't be fast enough to react to that speed, as proven during his first fight with Lee. Then, if Lee goes up to the fifth gate, there's no way Sasuke could withstand those massive barrage of blows at once, followed by the Reverse Lotus.

Also, where is the link that says that Sasuke is his strongest opponent? I looked over the manga chapters, and I saw him mention that Sasuke was a strong opponent, but not the strongest opponent. Even if that were the case, it's probably only because of his Chidori which could harm Gaara, not his natural strength. Show me the link or chapter where Gaara says that.

Last edited:
Sasuke literally punched Gaara a few times so hard that he was huffing and puffing and literally hid in fear that he couldn't win. 5th Gate didn't even do that much damage with his Barrage. All of this done without even using his Sharingan Mind you and since Gaara who was getting Blitzed by 5th Gate Lee could capitalize on Lee pausing for an instant because he felt pain and substitute out of it, then Sasuke who is already much faster than Gaara with the Sharingan stacked on top of it should be easily capable of doing the same and much more, especially with that Precog.

Also, if Lee's Starting in 1st Gate then Sasuke probably just wins by default as soon as he whips out his Sharingan since he can literally just Precog him to death, especially since Lee wouldn't know that Sasuke is astronomically stronger than him right out the gate.

Yea, I was sorta thinking that. However, I personally believe that Lee would still win this with difficulty, and the main reason I say that is the speed difference. Sasuke was stated to be equal only to a base Lee without his weights, and Lee himself noted that Sasuke is forced to use up a lot of stamina to maintain that natural speed. Lee start with the First Gate, which would increase his speed five times. So even if Sasuke went on the offensive, Lee would still be able to effortlessly dodge and predict Sasuke's movements, since his taijutsu was based on Lee's fighting style, and Lee knows his fighting style better than Sasuke does.

Sasuke doesn't have the full knowledge of Lee's fighting style since he wasn't there to see Lee's match with Gaara, meaning he doesn't know about the Eight Inner Gates. He only knows about that power-up that the First Gate provides.

And on the chance that Sasuke did manage to hit Lee, I don't think it would be a one-shot. It would injure him yes, but the gap in strength isn't large enough for Sasuke to one-shot him, since Lee was able to withstand Gaara's sand attacks in the First Gate and keep fighting without too much difficulty. I imagine Sasuke would also have some fun with Lee and be much more arrogant due to copying Lee's taijutsu and speed as well and wanting to get back at Lee for his humiliating loss before.

After seeing Sasuke's increased speed, Lee would likely realize that he couldn't mess around with Sasuke and understand he'd gotten much stronger during the month of training, so he would go up to the 3rd and 4th gate. Though he'd be incapable of damaging Sasuke in his base state or the first gate, once he goes up to the 4th gate, he'd be capable of injuring Sasuke. Sasuke could possibly keep up with this mass speed difference with the Sharingan, but even if it could, his body wouldn't be fast enough to react to that speed, as proven during his first fight with Lee. Then, if Lee goes up to the fifth gate, there's no way Sasuke could withstand those massive barrage of blows at once, followed by the Reverse Lotus.

Also, where is the link that says that Sasuke is his strongest opponent? I looked over the manga chapters, and I saw him mention that Sasuke was a strong opponent, but not the strongest opponent. Even if that were the case, it's probably only because of his Chidori which could harm Gaara, not his natural strength. Show me the link or chapter where Gaara says that.
Start lee of in 5th gate

Also, if Lee's Starting in 1st Gate then Sasuke probably just wins by default as soon as he whips out his Sharingan since he can literally just Precog him to death, especially since Lee wouldn't know that Sasuke is astronomically stronger than him right out the gate.
Chunin Exams Sasuke doesn't have precog yet, just vague enhanced perception and prediction. And I don't think precog would even help against a 5x or greater speed difference. It didn't help against Naruto, prior to the 3rd tomoe

Start lee of in 5th gate
If I did, then I feel it would be a stomp since Lee would just pummel him right off the bat and completely destroy him. If he starts out with the First Gate, then Sasuke could possibly react to Lee's speed and get a good hit on him, since the Sharingan could possibly help him better read and predict his movements. His sharingan helped read Gaara's movements, and Sasuke himself said if it wasn't for the Sharingan, he'd have already been killed.

Last edited:
If I did then I feel it would be a stomp since Lee would just pummel him right off the bat and completely destroy him. If he starts out with the First Gate, then Sasuke could possibly react to Lee's speed and get a good hit on him, since the Sharingan could possibly help him better read and predict his movements. His sharingan helped read Gaara's movements, and Sasuke himself said if it wasn't for the Sharingan, he'd have already been killed.
Which Gaara are you talking about because Sasuke didn't even use the Sharingan against Gaara until he used the Chidori?

The strongest statement cinder is talking about comes from a databook statement talking about the fight iirc. Sasuke also likely hits harder due to garra being visibly more hurt and fatigued by sasukes hits
I disagree. Based on from what was seen of the fight, while it's true that Sasuke's hits managed to crack Gaara's sand armor, I see no indication that his attacks managed to inflict more damage than Lee's did. In fact, even when Lee was in the 1st Gate, he was capable of causing some minor cracks on Gaara's sand armor with his barrage of kicks. The fact that Gaara believed he needed to replace himself with the sand clone proved that in his mind, even the 1st Gate Hidden Lotus would've been enough to seriously damage him and weaken his armor. And that was only the 1st Gate.

Trying to act as though the damage 4th and 5th Gate Lee was able to inflict and the damage Sasuke was able to inflict on Gaara's sand armor are the same is ridiculous. Sasuke's attacks were only able to inflict minor cracks at most, not nearly shatter Gaara's entire armor the way Lee's attacks did. Gaara went so far as to admit Lee's attacks were causing his defenses to fail, while he made no such statement about Sasuke's attacks.

What's more, while it seems as though Gaara is out of breath after Sasuke's attacks, I don't necessarily believe it was because the attacks inflicted heavy damage. I think it has to do more with the psychological aspect. Lee was the only opponent to have ever damaged Gaara and pushed him as far as he did, and it's clear he was rather traumatized by that humiliation, considering he tried to kill Lee in the hospital. This point's proven further when Gaara sees Lee's silhouette as Sasuke fights. He was panicking about being ragdolled and humiliated again like before, so to prevent that, he protected himself with his barrier of sand to ensure that didn't happen. Not to mention, Gaara was already kinda losing it and letting his bloodlust nearly take over, something which his siblings admitted.

Last edited:
You can say that as much as you like but it still stands that Sasuke is directly stated to be Gaara's strongest opponent. This statement is made a few times in multiple different guides altogether. Combine that with the favt that he does put Gaara in a state of pure fear just after hitting a few times, it means that Sasuke is objectively stronger than Lee period. All this without him even using Sharingan or Chidori until Gaara activated his little nuclear bunker Sand Shield.

If I did, then I feel it would be a stomp since Lee would just pummel him right off the bat and completely destroy him. If he starts out with the First Gate, then Sasuke could possibly react to Lee's speed and get a good hit on him, since the Sharingan could possibly help him better read and predict his movements. His sharingan helped read Gaara's movements, and Sasuke himself said if it wasn't for the Sharingan, he'd have already been killed.
I think it would be safe to start lee in the fifth gate

You can say that as much as you like but it still stands that Sasuke is directly stated to be Gaara's strongest opponent. This statement is made a few times in multiple different guides altogether. Combine that with the favt that he does put Gaara in a state of pure fear just after hitting a few times, it means that Sasuke is objectively stronger than Lee period. All this without him even using Sharingan or Chidori until Gaara activated his little nuclear bunker Sand Shield.
Again, show me the chapter that explicitly states that Sasuke is Gaara's strongest opponent, because I've seen the anime fight and read the chapters myself, and nowhere does Gaara say that Sasuke was his strongest opponent. I've also looked at the guidebooks too, and nowhere do they say that Sasuke was Gaara's strongest opponent either. The most they say is that Sasuke fought above par against Gaara's attacks, but not that he was stronger than any opponent he'd faced. There's no direct evidence that Sasuke is above the strength of 4th or 5th Gate Lee. Sasuke was only able to seriously damage Gaara with the Chidori, and he never showed that he did more damage to Gaara's sand armor than Lee did. I already explained that the panting is likely more psychological than actual exhaustion, and besides, this lasted for like a few seconds at most. Gaara didn't show any noticeable exhaustion after Sasuke's taijutsu attacks.

I'll also remind you that Sasuke hadn't fully adjusted to using that level of speed. Gaara wasn't the only one panting after those taijutsu attacks. Sasuke was also panting and out of breath as well, while Lee never showed that kind of exhaustion when using his regular speed. So how would Sasuke be able to keep up in a battle of speed against Lee in the First Gate, whose speed is five times greater than his regular speed, while maintaining that same high level of speed himself? And how would Sasuke be able to protect himself against Lee's high-speed combo too? The only reason Gaara survived is because his sand armor was protecting him and he himself didn't have to take any of the attacks, not to mention the Sand Shield cushioning the blow at the last second. And as mentioned before, given Gaara's decision to replace himself with a Sand Clone, I think even the First Gate's Hidden Lotus would be enough to damage Sasuke. If Sasuke were to take the same attacks that Gaara did while Lee was in the 4th gate, there's no way he'd be able to defend himself and no way he'd be able to endure those blows, especially not the Reverse Lotus. Lee just blitzes Sasuke.

As if that wasn't enough, Gaara was in a complete state of disbelief at Lee's strength and speed, going so far as to ask himself if Lee was even human. While he admitted that Sasuke was a worthy opponent, he was never shown to be in the same state of shock at his power that he was with Lee. That's more proof that Lee's strength with the 4th and 5th Gate is above Sasuke.

Last edited:
Again, show me the chapter that explicitly states that Sasuke is Gaara's strongest opponent, because I've seen the anime fight and read the chapters myself, and nowhere does Gaara say that Sasuke was his strongest opponent. I've also looked at the guidebooks too, and nowhere do they say that Sasuke was Gaara's strongest opponent either. The most they say is that Sasuke fought above par against Gaara's attacks, but not that he was stronger than any opponent he'd faced. There's no direct evidence that Sasuke is above the strength of 4th or 5th Gate Lee. Sasuke was only able to seriously damage Gaara with the Chidori, and he never showed that he did more damage to Gaara's sand armor than Lee did. I already explained that the panting is likely more psychological than actual exhaustion, and besides, this lasted for like a few seconds at most. Gaara didn't show any noticeable exhaustion after Sasuke's taijutsu attacks.

I'll also remind you that Sasuke hadn't fully adjusted to using that level of speed. Gaara wasn't the only one panting after those taijutsu attacks. Sasuke was also panting and out of breath as well, while Lee never showed that kind of exhaustion when using his regular speed. So how would Sasuke be able to keep up in a battle of speed against Lee in the First Gate, whose speed is five times greater than his regular speed, while maintaining that same high level of speed himself? And how would Sasuke be able to protect himself against Lee's high-speed combo too? The only reason Gaara survived is because his sand armor was protecting him and he himself didn't have to take any of the attacks, not to mention the Sand Shield cushioning the blow at the last second. And as mentioned before, given Gaara's decision to replace himself with a Sand Clone, I think even the First Gate's Hidden Lotus would be enough to damage Sasuke. If Sasuke were to take the same attacks that Gaara did while Lee was in the 4th gate, there's no way he'd be able to defend himself and no way he'd be able to endure those blows, especially not the Reverse Lotus. Lee just blitzes Sasuke.

As if that wasn't enough, Gaara was in a complete state of disbelief at Lee's strength and speed, going so far as to ask himself if Lee was even human. While he admitted that Sasuke was a worthy opponent, he was never shown to be in the same state of shock at his power that he was with Lee. That's more proof that Lee's strength with the 4th and 5th Gate is above Sasuke.
tumblr_ogr3rojcuv1urljpmo3_1280.jpg
literally right there in the bottom left corner.

Reactions: JED
tumblr_ogr3rojcuv1urljpmo3_1280.jpg
literally right there in the bottom left corner.
Fair enough, though I still believe that the evidence I've already presented should hold greater weight than the guidebook, and I think the only reason the guidebook says that Sasuke is the strongest is because of the Chidori being able to pierce his body thanks to its cutting power. Even if one could argue that Sasuke is in fact stronger than Lee's Gates, the gap in strength clearly isn't substantial enough for Sasuke to be able to withstand a barrage of Lee's full-powered blows in his 4th and 5th gate.

Last edited:
Sasuke FRA. Base Sasuke with 4 or so punches had Gaara shook unlike Lee after dozens. Sharingan also let him see Lee when Sasuke couldn’t even try to move to block Lee’s attack. Sasuke won’t be affected by Lee’s attacks in lower Gates and only needs to land a single attack to mess Lee up.

Fair enough, though I still believe that the evidence I've already presented should hold greater weight than the guidebook, and I think the only reason the guidebook says that Sasuke is the strongest is because of the Chidori being able to pierce his body thanks to its cutting power. Even if one could argue that Sasuke is in fact stronger than Lee's Gates, the gap in strength clearly isn't substantial enough for Sasuke to be able to withstand a barrage of Lee's full-powered blows in his 4th and 5th gate.
It's specifically talking about Sasuke's Pjysical Strength, not his Chidori. Literally read the context of the statement and it tells you that. It literally says that Gaara wanted to get possessed by Shukaku because Sasuke was bullying him so badly, what did you think the point of the Sand Shield was? If 5th Gate Lee couldn't even put him in that Mindset with his Absurd Barrage of Attacks but Sasuke did it after just a few, then that should tell you something.

It's specifically talking about Sasuke's Pjysical Strength, not his Chidori. Literally read the context of the statement and it tells you that. It literally says that Gaara wanted to get possessed by Shukaku because Sasuke was bullying him so badly, what did you think the point of the Sand Shield was? If 5th Gate Lee couldn't even put him in that Mindset with his Absurd Barrage of Attacks but Sasuke did it after just a few, then that should tell you something.
Lee didn't give him the opportunity to get into that mindset. By that point, Gaara was already so horribly beaten and humiliated, not to mention that Lee'd already exhausted himself by that point, so there was no reason for Gaara to get in that mindset in the first place since all he needed to do was kill him with the Sand Coffin. If Lee was still in fighting shape after the 5th Gate, still had more power to show, Gaara probably would've gone just as crazy as he did with Sasuke and realize he needed Shukaku's power to win.

Gaara also had a different mentality when it came to Sasuke. Since both of them were filled with hatred, Sasuke was someone Gaara was especially looking forward to killing and someone he wanted to unleash his full power upon to prove his own existence. Lee, on the other hand, was just some random kid he was paired up against in the Chunin Exams, the same as any regular person. Not only that, but he was also confused by him, since Guy saved him from being killed by Gaara and stood opposed to his beliefs.

If Sasuke's attacks had managed to crack his entire armor, if he was struggling to get up after those attacks to the point that he could barely stand, or if he was just completely paralyzed due to the pain, then I'd be more inclined to believe Sasuke is equally as strong as 4th or 5th Gate Lee. Gaara was also panting from Lee's final attacks, and it took him at least a few minutes before he was able to get back up from Lee's barrage of attacks, whereas it took only seconds for Gaara to recover from Sasuke's attacks. If Gaara hadn't protected himself from the final impact using his Sand Shield, it's heavily implied he would have lost the fight.

Even if Sasuke did hit Lee, I'd argue Lee would still be able to manage well. I say that because Naruto is approximately around Lee's level with the 1st Gate, since he was also able to crack Gaara's sand armor with a punch just as Lee's barrage of attacks did. That very same Naruto was also capable of withstanding blows from Sasuke at the Valley of the End, after he'd gotten stronger. So based on this chaining scale, Lee would still be able to endure Sasuke's attacks.

That very same Naruto was also capable of withstanding blows from Sasuke at the Valley of the End, after he'd gotten stronger. So based on this chaining scale, Lee would still be able to endure Sasuke's attacks.
That Sasuke was literally just ******* around with Naruto, it even says so on his Profile so that's an absolutely terrible comparison.

That Sasuke was literally just ******* around with Naruto, it even says so on his Profile so that's an absolutely terrible comparison.
Well, that Naruto was still capable of causing Sasuke to bleed with a punch, so I don't think the comparison is that terrible. Also, I'd like to again reference Sasuke's Sharingan. In his first fight with Lee, even though the Sharingan allowed him to read Lee's moves, it didn't allow him to actually react to those moves. As Lee himself said, even if his eyes could keep up with his movements, his body was still unable to properly react. So I'd say the same would apply here: Sasuke would be very unlikely to land a proper hit even with his Sharingan, especially with such a high speed gap, and as mentioned before, the fact that Sasuke can't maintain his high speed for very long.

Well, that Naruto was still capable of causing Sasuke to bleed with a punch, so I don't think the comparison is that terrible. Also, I'd like to again reference Sasuke's Sharingan. In his first fight with Lee, even though the Sharingan allowed him to read Lee's moves, it didn't allow him to actually react to those moves. As Lee himself said, even if his eyes could keep up with his movements, his body was still unable to properly react. So I'd say the same would apply here: Sasuke would be very unlikely to land a proper hit even with his Sharingan, especially with such a high speed gap, and as mentioned before, the fact that Sasuke can't maintain his high speed for very long.
I think the solution is to start off lee with the 5th gate.

Back