• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Road To Ninja: Naruto The Movie Feats

Given the Bleach Revisions are using some statements and feats from a non-canon Bleach movie that Tite Kubo oversaw, is it fair to consider the feats and statements made in Road To Ninja as a legitimate portrayal what the Characters can do as Kishimoto himself Wrote and intensively supervised the movie?

IIRC the movie you're talking about that upgraded the Bleachverse is not only accepted because Kubo was heavily involved with it, it was also because the events in the movie were mention in the manga but that's all I know.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I don't know about the Bleach movie thing but if the author was heavily involved and the movie fits in the time line then I'm fine with it.

Unless Road to a Ninja had Kishimoto heavily involved and fits in the time line and characters have acknowledged it's event's then I guess we can use it.

Remember that just because one verse got something doesn't mean all verses are atomaticlly allowed to get it.

@LordGriffin1000

Two wrongs don't make a right, I don't know about the Bleach movie thing but if the author was heavily involved and the movie fits in the time line then I'm fine with it.

Unless Road to a Ninja had Kishimoto heavily involved and fits in the time line and characters have acknowledged it's event's then I guess we can use it.

agree

@TheFinalOrder

is this movie has any good feats

Bleach Movie 1: Memories of Nobody is canon since it was referenced in the manga. Naruto Shippuden: Road to Ninja is not canon unless it was referenced in the manga somewhere.

@Dienomite

No bleach movie was ever mentioned in the Manga from what I can remember.

@Omimi

No, the movie primarily would upgrade Naruto Characters up through BM.

• Base Naruto Reacted to 2 of Kurama's attacks
  • SM Naruto Stalemated Menma's Great Rasen Ring thingy which nuked a portion of Konoha with RS, both survived the Resulting Blast.
There's more but tbis is an example. And while It's not canon to the story, it was made and came out before Madara was revealed Iirc. This movie hinted at:

• Biju Mode
  • Bijubomb RS
  • Naruto Summoning Kurama in the Last.
Etc.

@TheFinalOrder

The Valley of Screams was directly referenced in the Bleach manga with Ichigo even saying he's been there before. And Kubo said if you want to learn more about it than go watch the movie. That's enough to prove it's canonicity.

@LordGriffin

Kishimoto drafted the story (Long Outline in Movie terms) and Designed the characters.

Later in the canon, abilities from this movie made their way to the story and it hinted at major story beats in the Manga long before specific chapters were out.

What about the actual events of the manga? Places and jutsu aren't much special. It could be that the locations are canon but the happenings there are not.

Has that movie's events been referenced in the manga? Tobi traversing dimensions and what not?

I'm not sure mentioning a location instantly makes something canon unless if the specific events were mentioned as well I think

@Gemmysaur

No, RtN completely doesn't fit in the Manga timeline. I'm only asking about feats and statements as Kishi outlined the Story for for Perriot and the movie contained abilities and story beats long before the Maga revealed them.

To give you an example of an outline, there are 2:

• Short Outline: Writing the Idea and General Structure for a story. Conveys the MC's (In this case) journey. Usually 1-2 pages.
  • Long Outline: Drafting the story, beat by beat, walking the potential reader through the characters arc giving as much detail as possible.
Writing Process:

Short Outline > Long Outline > Scripting

Kishi did the outlines, someone wrote based on his outlining. This evident in the movie and as I pointed out, the Manga contained Story beats hinted at in the movie.

If it's not canon, then it's not. Feats are irrelevant in non-canon material regardless of the author being heavily involved. That is, unless I missed something with our canonicty rules.

Because apparently a location from the film was mentioned in the manga and Ichigo mentions he's been there before but that sounds iffy to me tbh

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Then why is the Bleach movie canon? Not once have I ever seen any reference to it in the manga.
After looking at the Link, it's along the lines of Kodachi linking the Anime to the Manga through Boruto's statement. I'm not sure if Memories of Nobody actually fits into Bleach's Timeline, but yeah, they accept it Despite the Sogyoku contradiction.

Sorry, but i'd like a scan or at least the chapter on where Ichigo said that please. Because I literally do not recall that at all and I reread Bleach quite a lot. With all due respect ofc.

TheFinalOrder said:
Though I'm sure this falls under WoG territory.
Did the God in 'Word of God' say it was canon, or even at least imply the events in it happening in canon? That's the question we need a clear answer to.

So... yeah.

Did the God in 'Word of God' say it was canon, or even at least imply the events in it happening in canon? That's the question we need a clear answer to.

So... yeah.

Pretty sure I read a comment somewhere saying Kubo specifically said if you want to learn more about the Valley of Screams than watch the movie or something.

Click on the orange text talking about Ichigo referencing the movie and Kubo telling the reader to watch the movie

Js250476 said:
Because apparently a location from the film was mentioned in the manga and Ichigo mentions he's been there before but that sounds iffy to me tbh
but how does mentioning location make it cano

Gemmysaur said:
TheFinalOrder said:
Though I'm sure this falls under WoG territory.
So... yeah.
WoG in that it came from his mind containing story beats revealed in the Manga much later on.

Kishimoto didnt state the movie is canon. It can't be. But the portrayal of the characters and their feats are should be considered in WoG territory as again, it's straight from the creator himself.

I.E. The movie is Kishi's vision. I think that's not something that should be dismissed.

ichigo mentioned location and he also mentions he's been there before = we accepted

boruto mentioned location and he also mentions he's been there before= but we didnt accept smh

if we accept Bleach Memories of Nobody as canon then we have to accept boruto Anime as canon

if not then Bleach Memories of Nobody is not canon either

WoG in that it came from his mind containing story beats revealed in the Manga much later on.
The primary canon is the source material first released (with few possible exceptions), with the other author works being secondary canon.

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

- Cano

If I remember correctly, Road to Ninja showed Kurama cooperating with Naruto, which directly contradicts Naruto only being able to cooperate with Kurama post-Turtle Island.

Sakura recognizes Naruto's parents too, iirc.

Gemmysaur said:
If I remember correctly, Road to Ninja showed Kurama cooperating with Naruto, which directly contradicts Naruto only being able to cooperate with Kurama post-Turtle Island.
Sakura recognizes Naruto's parents too, iirc.
bleach movie also contradict the the manga and yet we accept

as TheFinalOrder said they accept it Despite the Sogyoku contradictio

Kubo was involved with the film from start to finish: Check

Ichigo metioned he appeared in the valley of screams and only time his been there is the movie : Check

Kubo literally said if you want more info on the valley of screams, go see the movie: Check

So, what's the problem? Are people that butthurt that bleach planet level that they have to make repated threads about?

Kubo was involved with the film

all writer involved with the film

Ichigo metioned he appeared in the valley of screams

that does not make whole movie as canon

Kubo literally said if you want more info on the valley of screams, go see the movie:

all writer will say go see the movie but still does not make it canon

Are people that butthurt that bleach planet level

oooo no insult pls

+ u also assumed that

Yhwach is Planet level (Would have to survive the destruction of the worlds in order to create a new one)

even thou he has portal

we assumed same for kaguya but it was denied by all

argued: that she has portal

so i call it double standard

Omimi said:
Kubo was involved with the film

all writer involved with the film

Ichigo metioned he appeared in the valley of screams

that does not make whole movie as canon

Kubo literally said if you want more info on the valley of screams, go see the movie:

all writer will say go see the movie but still does not make it canon

oooo no insult pls
What you just said made no sense

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
it normal for naruto fans not to like this kind of double standard

when we did the samething as u did but it was denied

u assumed that

Yhwach is Planet level (Would have to survive the destruction of the worlds in order to create a new one)

even thou he has portal

we assumed same for kaguya but it was denied by all

argued: that she has portal

so i call it double standard

Back