• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riven vs Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.
First fight I've made on here, so here it goes.

Much like Guts vs Garen, a battle between wielders of massive blades, Guts the Blackswordsmen and Riven the Exile.

Fight takes place in the Summoner's Rift.

RULES: Both have access to their equipment (i.e. Berserker Armor, Blade of the Exile, etc.) Fight is to the death, morals on.

RIVEN GUTS

Riven 1

Though there is not set number of individuals needed to conclude a topic, it is usually best to have the opinion of at the very least five or six individuals in the thread.

Hyperception said:
Though there is not set number of individuals needed to conclude a topic, it is usually best to have the opinion of at the very least five or six individuals in the thread.
Alright. Then what, do I add that to one of their victories/defeats, or does someone else do that.....or no one?

Overall stats shes town level based off feats and island level because the only reasoning on her page causes she's varuss rival. Nope not sold being someone's rival can mean many things she has yet to show anything island level like varus so in terms of attack potency she should only be town level while guts is sitting at city level in his armor. Speed their about the same idk if guts lighting reaction to ganiska lighting is accepted. So unless anyone can provide any other reasoning that she should be scaled to varuss

@Ministry

You do know that nomally rivals are on par with each other, I see no reason why we can't scale Riven to Varus.

Hunterzillas said:
So you're saying Guts wins?
Yes for now her island level stats are vague and scaling her to varus off of being rivals seems iffy so yes Guts wins unless anyone can provide more reasons why she gets varus's feats

Their Everlasting said:
@Ministry
You do know that nomally rivals are on par with each other, I see no reason why we can't scale Riven to Varus.
Well if that's the case than we better change yasuos profile as well he's riven's rival therefore fights on par with her and should be island level as well. See I don't like powerscaling like this. The only reason yasuo consider s rivem a rival is because he hates disserters and people who run from their past.

Minstry of pain said:
Their Everlasting said:
@Ministry
Well if that's the case than we better change yasuos profile as well he's riven's rival therefore fights on par with her and should be island level as well. See I don't like powerscaling like this. The only reason yasuo consider s rivem a rival is because he hates disserters and people who run from their past.
And she might have killed the Ionian.

Minstry of pain said:
Although, since they may both be profiencient in the wind technique (or whatever, not knowledgable on League of Legends), couldn't Yasuos scaling to Riven be legitamate?

Hunterzillas said:
Minstry of pain said:
Although, since they may both be profiencient in the wind technique (or whatever, not knowledgable on League of Legends), couldn't Yasuos scaling to Riven be legitamate?
Sure why not if where gonna accept riven of the rival thing than its only fair to yasuo who seems way more skilled and adapt to fighting with wind than Riven. I just wanted to know if we had anything other than the rival thing holding to varus feats and also are their any special circumstances that's linking varus to the island feat that Riven couldn't possibly replicate. I'm not claiming she can't I was just wondering if we could add more light to powerscaling.

Honestly, it is possible that Yasuo scales, now that I think about it.

As far as Varus and Riven, remember that Riven was revealed as a champion before Varus was, that Riven was Varus's rival since he was released, and that both are exiles that have been pretty much everywhere on Runeterra. Riven having been a Noxian like she was, Varus would've hunted down, encountered and tried to kill her by now, and his failure to do so outside of the League before she joined would signify that even outside of it they are in fact on-par. Everyone else of note in the country of Noxus, however, wouldn't scale because they are under the protection of the city and spend most of their time there, where Varus hasn't yet been.

Basically, it's like this: if they've fought outside of the League, then they scale. A more fitting word for the likelihood that Riven and Varus have fought is "preeeetty much stated," but even the very slightest possibilty that such is not the case is worth noting on their profile.

Given such, going to have to go with Riven on this one, more likely than not.

Everyone needs to scale to Mountain, since they survive Bard's attacks and Bard breaks mountains, they dodge Lux's light rays, and they move at LS.

That being said, i'm going with Riven.

Comparing Guts and Riven is difficult since LoL is a game where everything is pretty much slowed down so their speed is redundant. if you can track Lux's Light beam (whatever it's called) with your eyes then it's not light speed.

Attack potency is difficult too since, agai nit's a game and since you can fight "on-par" with champions is just a game mechanic. Their attacks are cool but most are not strong. I mean Varus is island level just because his powers can corrupt an island? So everyoen who can use poison or corruptive powers should be island/city/continent/planet level?

Riven's striking strength is also in my opinion too high TJ really?

Has anyone actually read Berserk? Guts stats are really downplayed here.

@Vajra Keep in mind that Small City is a low-end of the calculation that put him there. The high-end is 6.49 Gigatons of TNT, aka Small Island Level. If you have feats better than this, by all means share them, I'm totally down for a Berserk upgrade.

@Apar Bard never busted any mountains, an artifact he collected cut a swath in one before he rose into space with it. Besides, Town Level feats are what's consistently accomplished my lots of champions, enough to mass powerscale logically, we can't mass powerscale them to a few people when the power they wield on and off the League are two different things.

Well since it's late (or early) i will just put striking strength here for Guts, for now.

Grunbeld's body in his apostle form was almost completely covered in corundum and stated that it can withstand the force of a cannonball. Don't know if he means that they won't be scratched or otherwise affected Keeping the time period in mind we can use the 330kg weighing cannonballs with velocity of about 800m/s as they were used to destroy heavily fortified places. We get total force of a single sword swing to be...26,4 tonnes of force. Doesn't sound like much eh?

Actual force is to be higher as that is the force that Grunbeld can withstand without taking any damage. Since both of the world's have more or less the same kind of cities (wood or stone) that amount of force could easily destroy city-block if fired from an angle. or cut through Nautilus. theoretically Guts could swing his sword forever as his Berserker armor would just piece and hold his bones together.

Also Riven can swing her "giant" sword with one hand. Which is not that big actually. Guts can swing his 7ft in length 400lb/180 kg giant slab of steel faster than the eye can see. And with one hand or with the sword in his mouth.

That amount of force at that speed wouldn't lift Nautilus of Malphite, no it would cut through them.

Vajra Avalon said:
Well since it's late (or early) i will just put striking strength here for Guts, for now.
Grunbeld's body in his apostle form was almost completely covered in corundum and stated that it can withstand the force of a cannonball. Don't know if he means that they won't be scratched or otherwise affected Keeping the time period in mind we can use the 330kg weighing cannonballs with velocity of about 800m/s as they were used to destroy heavily fortified places. We get total force of a single sword swing to be...26,4 tonnes of force. Doesn't sound like much eh?

Actual force is to be higher as that is the force that Grunbeld can withstand without taking any damage. Since both of the world's have more or less the same kind of cities (wood or stone) that amount of force could easily destroy city-block if fired from an angle. or cut through Nautilus. theoretically Guts could swing his sword forever as his Berserker armor would just piece and hold his bones together.

Also Riven can swing her "giant" sword with one hand. Which is not that big actually. Guts can swing his 7ft in length 400lb/180 kg giant slab of steel faster than the eye can see. And with one hand or with the sword in his mouth.

That amount of force at that speed wouldn't lift Nautilus of Malphite, no it would cut through them.
It says Nautilus is Island level. Not sure Guts could cut through him.

Just curious, where does Nautilus' feat of being Island level stands from? I mean I know he survived underwater for possibly months so that's an impressive durability feat. But he got took out by a pillar in a cutscene. I don't think that's a pillar that weighs as much as an island

He singlehandedly fought the Black Mist, a force that could easily wipe out the island nation of Bilgewater.

WeeklyBattles said:
He singlehandedly fought the Black Mist, a force that could easily wipe out the island nation of Bilgewater.
Mind linking that feat? Because I can't find that on the Black Mist page nor Nautilus' background wiki

Would the island level power of the Black Mist be actually a casual attack or is it DC? Because if they wipe out the island with time, it seems to be more like taking out the areas inside the mountain one by one and that's not really island level DC isn't it?

And it sems to imply that it took days for them to attack so I doubt one venture is all they need to expand island level damage. I don't think they could've sunk the island either

If by wiping the island out with time you mean each separate incident of the Black Mist appearing, there have only been a few incidents where the Black Mist managed to reach Bilgewater and destroy very small parts of the island, and as a result those areas were destroyed and are completely uninhabitable. And this was still when Bilgewater was fighting back. If the Black Mist was allowed to attack Bilgewater without any resistance the island would be destroyed within the night.

Please keep on-topic, if you would? This thread is about Riven and Guts, not Nautilus, you should probably move this discussion elsewhere.

ThePerpetual said:
Please keep on-topic, if you would? This thread is about Riven and Guts, not Nautilus, you should probably move this discussion elsewhere.
Gotcha. In that case I think Riven wins this with minor difficulty

WeeklyBattles said:
If by wiping the island out with time you mean each separate incident of the Black Mist appearing, there have only been a few incidents where the Black Mist managed to reach Bilgewater and destroy very small parts of the island, and as a result those areas were destroyed and are completely uninhabitable. And this was still when Bilgewater was fighting back. If the Black Mist was allowed to attack Bilgewater without any resistance the island would be destroyed within the night.
A bit doubtful on the last part since the Black Mist is literally a mist that summons creatures of the abyss, and other terrifying spectral creatures. From the cutscene too they seem to deal more with soul haxx and use army carries like Hecarim who can also invoke fear to many. After all if an island is destroyed, it could also be referring to 'everything on the surface of the island' is destroyed

Edit - However that could mean Nautilus and others who participated in the battle might have soul haxx resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back