• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rip and Tear, or something like that - Guts vs Luther Strode

Oh boy, another Guts match? I am on a roll today Bet you thought is was gonna be a DOOM match cause of the title huh?

Luther Strode vs Guts

Both are at 9A

SPEED UNEQUALIZED
(Boy does it feel good to say that)

Victory via DEATH or KO

WHO WINS AND WHY?

Luther: 3 (DMUA, MrKingOfNegativity, Veloxt1r0kore)

Guts:

Inconclusive: 1 (Webcamparrot)

Interesting.

Luther, considering that he's so skilled has precognition via analyzing many different possibilities, does have a good edge. Guts in faster, but Luther looks stronger. Regenerationn can help him keep going through Guts' hits as well, so he probably edges out.

Guts has a range and speed advantage but Luther has that pesky precog and regen. Precog will help somewhat but it's not like Luther can use it to block Gut's sword so he pretty much has to keep dodging but the speed advantage will let Guts keep up. I also think the range advantage at least equalises the minor regen that Luther has.

Too close to call I'm going to go with inconclusive here.

This version of Guts lacks the extra fixings (both the Dragonslayer and that arrow/cannonball launcher he has in his prosthetic arm later in the series), which sucks for him overall, since Luther has plenty of experience fighting superhumans in his home series. Without those extra tools, Guts is effectively a lesser Chosen in his eyes, seeing as all of those guys have ridiculous physicals, stamina and fighting prowess. This particular version of Guts doesn't have the years of demon-killing experience that his later self does, so that's a disadvantage.

Adding to this Luther's precog, regen, muscle-hardening ability and better lifting strength (the guy can toss a full-sized van like a dodgeball, which is a higher-end Class 5 feat than the one Guts has), and I think Luther edges out. I can see a couple of scenarios where Guts actually does manage to kill him, but the odds of him coming out on top don't seem high enough for me to vote in his favor.

Back