• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riordanverse Lifting Strength Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Percy and Annabeth are class E in lifting strength based off them lifting the sky. Many other demigods and gods who scale above them are also class E based off this value. However, I don't think this feat should be used.

First of all, this feat is highly debated. There's an argument to be made for it to be willpower based rather than strength based.

Even besides that, it's a huge outlier for demigods since they have no other feats on this level.

When the last sheep had waddled out, Polyphemus rolled a boulder in front of the doorway as
easily as I would close a refrigerator door, shutting off the sound of Clarisse and Grover screaming
inside.
“Mangos,” Polyphemus grumbled to himself. “What are mangos?”
He strolled off down the mountain in his baby-blue groom’s outfit, leaving us alone with a pot of
boiling water and a six-ton boulder.
We tried for what seemed like hours, but it was no good. The boulder wouldn’t move. We yelled
into the cracks, tapped on the rock, did everything we could think of to get a signal to Grover, but if
he heard us, we couldn’t tell.

Percy and Annabeth can't move a six-ton boulder out of the way of a doorway in Sea of Monsters.

We were running under the marble archway with the huge statues of Zeus and Hera when the entire
mountain groaned, rocking sideways like a boat in a storm.
"Look out!" Grover yelped. The archway crumbled. I looked up in time to see a twenty-ton scowling
Hera topple over on us. Annabeth and I would've been flattened, but Thalia shoved us from behind and
we landed just out of danger.
"Thalia!" Grover cried.

When the dust cleared and the mountain stopped rocking, we found her still alive, but her legs were
pinned under the statue.
We tried desperately to move it, but it would've taken several Cyclopes. When we tried to pull Thalia
out from under it, she yelled in pain.
"I survive all those battles," she growled, "and I get defeated by a stupid chunk of rock!"
When a twenty-ton statue of Hera lands on top of Thalia, Percy and Annabeth can't move it and say it would have taken the effort of several Cyclopes.

So, we need to calc other feats that the demigods can scale to.

As for the gods, Zeus has a feat of lifting a mountain.

Before Typhoeus could recover, he stumbled into the sea. Zeus ripped a mountain from the earth and held it over his head.
“EAT ETNA!” Zeus bellowed. (Because that was the name of the mountain.)
He smashed Typhoeus under the weight of Mount Etna, and the storm giant has been trapped there ever since, rumbling beneath megatons of rock and occasionally causing volcanic explosions.
Poseidon is capable of using his trident as a lever to flip mountains and islands.
When Poseidon came to live with them, the telkhines showed him around and taught him the ways of the ocean: These are fish! This is coral! One especially nasty trick they taught him was how to use his trident as a lever. Poseidon learned how to wedge the trident’s points under the base of an island and flip it so that the whole landmass disappeared under the sea. In combat, he could do this with mountains on dry land. A couple of times he flipped mountains right on top of his enemies, crushing them flat. See, I told you he was a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back