• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Tempest Gluttony 4-C upgrade (Light Novel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, in the Veldora Journal 12, Gluttony is stated that it's able to devour the very star in the sky, it is a overtime process
Rimuru_stars.jpg

Last edited:
Owh thanks for doing it.

Btw also for everyone.This is the official Translation of veldoras travel journal by kodansha.This novels are canon and explains event's happening in each manga vollumes(from veldoras perspective)

Also this was the exact line we used for pre demonlord Rimurus 5-B justification.But the scans were from Chinese versions which for some reason was modified.Later we checked offcial japanese raw which Basically says devouring the very stars in the skies like translated officially(unlike Chinese versions which said devouring the whole planet)

If It is an overtime feat, where he can absorb a planetary system filled with stars, I can assure that he would be able to eat the entire earth in one gulp

Well, I think Rimuru might get 2C for his True Dragon key and Immeasurable speed later.
Thats a talk to another CRT, but yeah, True Dragons and these who scales to them can be tier 2
wait really? Is there information on 1-C cosmology in LN
Not sure about 1-C, but perhaps Low 1-C, as things like ''complex number of spatial dimensions'' and ''places beyond time and space'' already was stated 💁‍♀️ but thats a talk to another CRT

Nice work you have on this, unfortunately I have yet to reach that part myself to give a well informed enough opinion on this. I would honestly have to be neutral for now, but depending on the other points brought up for this, I might be changing my stance soon.

Is thr a timeframe?
ill be honest if it wasnt the fkn slime verse id want more evidence.

Is thr a timeframe?
Nah, but the context seems somehow not take that much, as Gluttony works like that, thats the reason that Gluttony currently is rated as 'eventually will be 5-B'' in this wiki, this thread is made just to change it to 4-C

What about the Japanese raws though? I remember it being something along the lines of the word being possible to be translated as either planet or star.

It's been a while though since this has been discussed in the discussion thread so I don't exactly remember. Only that I was more in favor for "5-B, likely 4-C over time with Gluttony/Beelzebub". So I'm kinda neutral but leaning to agreeing of a 4-C tier inclusion.

It's also an ungodly time in my place right now so I can't make a proper response, but since this is a feat done over time I don't think this'll be controversial.

I'm fine with this but shouldn't it be eventually solar? Since it'll take the stars in the sky?

It doesn't matter anyway. Nobody scales, it didn't happen so just slap it on them profiles

I remember now. This was brought up way back in February lol

Here is Qlipoth translating the raws and our conversation in the translations request thread.
Hinata uses the word "Sekai" to refer to the planet/world, right after Veldora uses Hoshi to refer to stars.

This was the imgur album I had about this topic. It has a DeepL and a Google Translate translations of the raw text and both refers to it as stars.

I guess I am still conservative about these things, and would prefer a "5-B, likely 4-C over time" rating. Neutral for just an outright "4-C over time" rating.

Staff should be messaged about this btw since we can't ping them in this forum.

I remember now. This was brought up way back in February lol

Here is Qlipoth translating the raws and our conversation in the translations request thread.
Hinata uses the word "Sekai" to refer to the planet/world, right after Veldora uses Hoshi to refer to stars.

This was the imgur album I had about this topic. It has a DeepL and a Google Translate translations of the raw text and both refers to it as stars.

I guess I am still conservative about these things, and would prefer a "5-B, likely 4-C over time" rating. Neutral for just an outright "4-C over time" rating.

Staff should be messaged about this btw since we can't ping them in this forum.
I'd go with "5-B over time, likely 4-C over time".

This scales to only Rimuru, and is just a matter of interpretation due to meaning both star and planet.

Since it could mean either, normally i think we would just go with the lowball, the official translation says star though, it could be wrong, but context doesn't really help here due to the nature of the feat.

5-B, likely 4-C over time is what i would go with.

This scales to only Rimuru, and is just a matter of interpretation due to meaning both star and planet.

Since it could mean either, normally i think we would just go with the lowball, the official translation says star though, it could be wrong, but context doesn't really help here due to the nature of the feat.

5-B, likely 4-C over time is what i would go with.
Well, Hinata says planet, and Veldora says star but they aren't opposing statements. They can both be true. I don't think Gluttony wasn't immediately planetary at least nothing indicated such.

Hoshi can mean both planet and star, if Hinata says Sekai which specifically means planet, and this is right after the star statement by Veldora, the Hoshi in that context might just be meaning planet, and the star statement is a mistranslation.

Both statements could indeed be true and that Rimuru was a more immediate threat to the planet, but with enough time he would be a threat to the stars as well.

I can see the logic of both, this stuff is all up to interpretation, so i am pretty neutral to whatever happens here, only thing is i don't think Rimuru should get a plain 4-C rating.

Doesn't it seem like Hinata is worried about Gluttony's rampage that might bring crisis to the world?

It was just like Hinata wanting to stop Gluttony before it wreaked havoc. It's not like Veldora's statement that it can devour stars (Hoshi).

Hinata's words don't match Veldora's statement in my opinion.

*cmiiw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back