• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick's 2-A Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
So currently Rick is rated as 2-A due to WoG though this contradicts the show itself.

In one episode Rick says "There are an infinite amount of universes and in a few doze of those I got everything back to normal..."

"...Its not like we get to do this every week, we get 3-4 tops"

Now heres some context to this line. There was an outbreak and everyone started to morph into into monsters, this Rick decided to go to another universe where he saved everyone and everything went back to normal. The problem lies in that if the multiverse were infinite the amount of times he would resolve the outbreak would be infinite just as the number of times he didnt would also be infinite aka not "a few dozen".

In another episode he claims that a few thousands of Ricks decide to band together and form a council. If the multiverse is infinite why did only a few thousand Ricks have this idea and not an infinite amount of Ricks?

This trend continues throughout the 2 seasons. If your still not convinced heres another example, Beth and Jerry find other multiverse copies of themselves on their first try while Summer, their daughter, took around 3-4. This logically makes sense since Summer is more "rare" than her parents since only in universes that her parents had her could she exist.

While I think the showrunners have an answer to the contradictions, we still dont know what it is so until we do I suggest we downgrade Rick to 2-B.

Just going to say you could probably use this logic to downplay literally any verse with an infinite multiverse.

It's impossible for the creators to portray infinite of anything, and just because it took them a few tries to find one specific universe means nothing. In a verse where the multiverse has infinite variations, it's easily possible that it'd take them a couple tries.

Your first statement also blatantly has Rick say there are infinite universes. There only being a "few dozen" of them where he sets things right means nothing, it's just a number they decided to pick since there's literally no number that can make sense in the context. Obviously the same thing doesn't happen in all of the universes, and since infinity isn't a true number, there's no "less than infinite" thing they can use.

I'm 100% against the downgrade.

Infinite =/= Infinite possibilities

If I make a factory that will produce an infinite number of cubes none of those will be spheres, but they'll all be cubes. Maybe there will be some universes where the cubes are red and some where they're blue, but it's always gonna be a cube.

Ever and Xcano summed up what I was going to post nicely. I disagree with the proposed downgrade.

Hmm, ok well I guess I'll scour season 1 and 2 again after season 3 so ill close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back