• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick Taylor VS Luther Strode

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Classic Rick Taylor VS Luther Strode
Muscles, masks and mutilation. Who does it better?

I noticed recently after reading the Luther Strode comics that Luther himself has a hell of a lot in common with Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse. Since the two of them are roughly within the same league of power as well, I figured this match could be an interesting one if it got off the ground.

Rules

• Location: A local junkyard. Blunt weapons are available, along with bits of foliage that can be used as such. No firearms.
  • Versions: Both are assumed to be 9-A. Classic Rick VS End-of-Series Luther.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Winner by K.O./Death.
Vote Count
Rick Taylor: 0

Luther Strode: 0

Inconclusive: 2 (PTSOXMONKEY99, Hizack123)

Gonna have to give it to Rick, has a higher reaction speed, makings Luther's speed nigh useless, and his precognition doesn't work if an opponent is massively faster than him. I can see Luther surprising him by catching his weapons in his muscles, but with Ricks ability to attack souls, that's just gonna hurt Luther more than help him.

Rick 8/10

Welp, there goes this fight.

Rick's been upped to Multi-City Block level+. This just became a massive stomp.

Maybe. Speed would have to be equalized, though. (Unknown speed for OG Rick.)

Gonna have to make a new picture at some point, too.

Hmmm, well now I'm leaning toward inconclusive for now

With speed equalized, neither can blitz, but now Luther's pseudo-precog should give him the upper hand in terms of cqc.

Both have berserker modes, but EoS Luther isn't as willing to go for the kill. However, Luther can get continuously stronger via rage and bloodlust, so there is that.

Rick still has soul attacks, which gives him an edge over Luther, and can heal via blood absorption, but getting blood from Luther is gonna be difficult due to speed equalization and precog.

So, for now, inconclusive.

Back