• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luther Strode vs Baki Hanma

Looking at the two pages I'm leaning towards Baki. He is the more skilled of the two, and thanks to aiki I belive baki can overcome any diffrence in strength. I belive that baki could take this by using the 0.5 Second Unconscious technique. That ability is able to affect people on the level of Yujiro so there is no doubt that it will give baki a opening to get the win. So yeah considering his skill and techniques I think baki takes this with mid to high difficulty.

Baki doesn't gain 0.5 Second Unconscious without the Demon Back. So you can't use that point here.

Yianni.stavropoulos.3 said:
Oh got you, even then Baki has plenty of stuff to use against luthor. Aiki, The cord cut technique, and benda should all be effective options.
What about his Luther Strode's body control, body reading and Regenerationn? Those are abilties that Baki will had trouble to fully counter.

Also Luther is capable to fight when blind, so the Cord-Cut may not be as effective as you think.

The cord cut does more then just cause blindness. He can use it to disable diffrent parts of his body like his arms and legs. Also I just remebered that baki could use endorphins to boost himself if needed. Regen would be hard to couter but I think baki could win eventually as I don't think he has to only kill to win. Knock out is a win con right? As for luthor's body reading on his weaknesses it lists "Accelerated Probability can be overwhelmed if an opponent is too fast or more skilled than Luther " I belive baki's level of skill exceeds luthor's in martial arts.

Yianni.stavropoulos.3 said:
The cord cut does more then just cause blindness. He can use it to disable diffrent parts of his body like his arms and legs. Also I just remebered that baki could use endorphins to boost himself if needed. Regen would be hard to couter but I think baki could win eventually as I don't think he has to only kill to win. Knock out is a win con right? As for luthor's body reading on his weaknesses it lists "Accelerated Probability can be overwhelmed if an opponent is too fast or more skilled than Luther " I belive baki's level of skill exceeds luthor's in martial arts.
But he has Regenerationn feats that completely negate any advantage baki has against him. He has regenerated nerves before. The only people that can spoof his Precog are other method users because of the amount of control they have over their bodies. Baki isn't as fast as Luther is, either. Scaling off of The librarian, who is a bullet timer, he easily bypasses the 0.5 unconscious technique (which, in of itself is bullshit pseudoscience). The only advantage that Baki has over Luther is skill, and he constantly overtakes fighters that are more skilled all the time.

Stefano4444 said:
Golden Crux said:
Baki isn't as fast as Luther is, either.
Speed is equalized, so who is faster than who doesn't matter.
Oof, sorry about that, but it seems like only people in the bakiverse has the 0.5 unconscious thing going for them. In real life, reaction times average around 250ms, or about 0.25 seconds. The rest of the time in a reaction is simply the signal (which moves at around 100m/s) and the contraction of the muscles.

I still feel as though luther wins this. He has demonstrated better striking feats than baki has and has fought and won against people more experienced than himself.

Amlad22 said:
Baki doesn't gain 0.5 Second Unconscious without the Demon Back. So you can't use that point here.
Didn't Baki use it against Nomi no Sukune II while in his base?

I don't remember it being stated. Baki was just faster than Nomi and hit him in a way that shook his brain and knocked him over.

I thought it was implicit. Dunno, there's not a way to be sure so i'm probably wrong.

I checked and I don't think he was. Nomi was already mid attack when Baki kicked him and we clearly see that Nomi saw a blur of Baki before being kicked. Had he used 0.5 Nomi wouldn't have attacked in the first place and also wouldn't have been able to see Baki start his attack. It would have just happened to Nomi.

Back