• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
well can't disable his powers since they aren't directly tied to evil, they are tied to a space which is too big to fit into our universe, rick could make modifications to his brain patterns to bypass the telepathy, rick might have tech to deal with it, idk, i'll say inconclusive

It's been an age since I read the IT novel, but I don't think that's ever properly touched on. Far as I can remember, the Deadlights form is just described as a universal mass of orange, chaotic lights that drives any living creature insane the moment they look upon it. (Similarly to what happens to people who look upon the Great Old Ones/Outer Gods in the Cthulhu Mythos, I believe)

If the laws of physics in the Deadlights were ever explained in the novel, I've completely lost my memory of that.

From what I remember, the Dark Tower novels just explain the Macroverse which IT and the Turtle live in. (It's actually Todash Darkness, the empty void between universes) I think the Deadlights are mentioned, but I can't remember how much detail they went into.

Bear in mind, I haven't read the later novels (5-7) in a good while, so my knowledge on those is about as rusty as my knowledge on the IT novel.

this is my last comment for the day.

i've found a little more about the deadlights, they are a form of magic, the crimson king uses it as well as it, but, unlike the king, they are what embodys it, but he can't access them in the physical plane because his macroverse form can't exist due to the physical limitations of our universe, so he takes a fraction and uses that to power his aspect form, this is why when kids look into his eyes some die, some go insane, etc, they can't comprehend it, so i think the deadlights don't at all follow physics, but nor does rick's inventions.

This...raises an important question.

If this is strictly Rick VS Pennywise's true form, then how the hell is this fight going to work? I mean, does Rick just portal gun his way to the Deadlights in order to fight, or what?

All the reasons mentioned above, it really is a tough choice, a few questions should be answered though, would exposure to the Deadlights caused Rick to become insane ((I know he already is but I mean insane to the point of mental feebleness)), how easy does Rick scare, and does Rick have any extreme or fears that could be manipulated?

Actual exposure to the Deadlights would most definitely drive Rick insane to the point of being incapacitated in the fight. They're very literally stated to either kill or drive insane any living being who sees them (this much I definitely remember) and Rick doesn't have the mental resistance to stop those kinds of effects. That's why I'm wondering the conditions of the two of them fighting each other; IT even being within Rick's line of sight in this battle means the latter will lose long before he can ever activate some tech.

I don't know about actual extreme fears (haven't watched enough R&M to know that much), but if he has them, IT will know about them thanks to its ability to read his mind.

Rick doesn't seem to fear anything over the course of the whole show IIRC, even when he's completely helpless should someone try to kill him. Still, the deadlights, by their description, should still work against him.

If that's the case and this fight involves Rick being anywhere near IT's true form, then I'm switching my vote to Pennywise. Just looking at the situation, Rick would have no way to prevent himself from getting wrecked by the Deadlights the moment he saw them.

If it involves them fighting through other means (somehow...), then my vote remains Inconclusive.

rick might not go insane, the reason why people go insane is because it can't exist in 3 and 4th dimensional space, rick can comprehend extreme things, like the 4th wall, and he does know about the existence of higher dimensional entities, what if he could comprehend the deadlights. rick has a fear of abandonment, this is both shown and implied, like when unity left him and he was suicidal, maybe he came back after years because of it, or how he constantly hangs out with morty, also he has a fear of wicker furniture, not sure if this in the comics or tv, so it might not be a factor.

WeeklyBattles said:
Rick spends 364 days and 23 hours drunk off his ass like usual, then throws something together in an hour that can casually destroy Pennywise ovo

In all seriousness though, Rick with a few minutes of prep time can be anywhere from Planet level to Universe level+, an entire year of prep is basically just giving him a guaranteed win.
Against Mid-Low tier Low 2Cs

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I count 6 Inconclusive votes.
Didn't have time to read through the whole thread. But with, Kople700 and Hitman987 that should be 8 votes in total. The grace period ended long ago.

Also, I vote inconclusive for reasons above.

HalfAsianFan said:
Rick doesn't seem to fear anything over the course of the whole show IIRC, even when he's completely helpless should someone try to kill him. Still, the deadlights, by their description, should still work against him.
Rick has a legit fear of pirates though. I think that could be exploited/manipulated.

Back