• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Isn't the instant death thing on his own body, like he revives himself in a new body all the time. Plus has shown other defense mechanism (I was looking for the clip where he melts tong no luck) so wouldn't be needed all the time on every body?
What the hell are you talking about Jesse?

Rick not using his op stuff is Plot Induced stupidity since surprise surpise people who write the scrips dont care about powerscaling

BH's tech manipulation makes this match a lot harder (4:28, with subs), with things like phones not working around him.

BH has several Wincons that bypass Rick's immortality that can used via a look. Sealing him inside his own tech, Mind Manip, transmutation, fusionism, etc

The biggest wincon that BH has is his subjective reality combined with his book. He has been shown to be able to transport entire kingdoms this way. It has a creature that can travel through different universes inside of likely showing this escape option would not work. And when the book is closed time stops for everything inside.

And thus far Rick's only defense is an ability he hasn't used in any matter with prep time, several time. May not have access to via own admission.

This sounds like one big ******' excuse to dismiss actual flaws with Rick's in-character actions
In addition, Rick can react to all possible black hat attacks with probability cookies and additionally with the death crystal he has, he can react to all possible black hat attacks with extrasensory movement like mortyn did, in addition, he can foresee them and see the possibility that he will win and eat the cookies according to that situation and instantly change the fate in a way that he will win, in this case, all the black hat abilities you count will be meaningless.
"So just you use these to win fights?

I don't use them. People who use them to avoid death are already dead.."

The context is after he used them to watch for reloading, where asked if this is what he uses them for.

This sounds like one big ******' excuse to dismiss actual flaws with Rick's in-character actions
We see Rick does use some extreme amount of tech against even normal humans but him not using it against bigger threats is an obivous case of PiS

I am voting Rick

He probably has other win conditions but Rick using fortune cookies specifically doesn’t seem in-character tbh

The biggest wincon that BH has is his subjective reality combined with his book. He has been shown to be able to transport entire kingdoms this way. It has a creature that can travel through different universes inside of likely showing this escape option would not work. And when the book is closed time stops for everything inside.
Tbh, these are only valid in the book, we don't know if Black Hat will be able to use it for real. And that just means the Multiversal Range, Rick's Immo 4 and 6 are 2-A.

Why not? He is known to go overkill on his target
All the times he has prep time and doesn’t use them. Watch your own show smh

The context is after he used them to watch for reloading, where asked if this is what he uses them for.

Does this mean a vote for Rick Sanchez?
Nah, waiting for better arguments.

Last edited:
By the way Rick has Immersion that can be used on fictional paintings and books so Sealing isnt a viable wincon for Black har
Again that is only a part of the one of the possible wincons. Since when BH closes it then time stops. This all on top of the problem of Rick's Tech not being fully operational via tech manip from BH.

Could you also grab a link/source because it is not in his profile from what I could see. I could have missed it 100% though.

It looks like the score is 3-2 right now. Btw I don't see any reason why Rick shouldn't still use Fortune Cookies, because we're assuming Rick can use all of his optional equipment right now.

Nah, waiting for better arguments.
First of all, as far as I know, the expression of disrupting the technology that the black hat has, as far as I know, only does this to a camera, and this is obvious that Rick's equipment is much more separate than a normal camera, which is obvious, and I hope that if there is a technology application in the style used by Evil mortyn to manipulate the technology that Rick has, he can only achieve this.

In addition, Rick can react to all possible black hat attacks with probability cookies and additionally with the death crystal he has, he can react to all possible black hat attacks with extrasensory movement like mortyn did, in addition, he can foresee them and see the possibility that he will win and eat the cookies according to that situation and instantly change the fate in a way that he will win, in this case, all the black hat abilities you count will be meaningless.

And this is why I stay away from Rick Matches 9/10, regurgitated arguments from at least one guy on one side...

First of all, as far as I know, the expression of disrupting the technology that the black hat has, as far as I know, only does this to a camera, and this is obvious that Rick's equipment is much more separate than a normal camera, which is obvious, and I hope that if there is a technology application in the style used by Evil mortyn to manipulate the technology that Rick has, he can only achieve this.

Did you just copy and paste the exact same argument?

We have shown completely different usage of the abilities.
Wdym bro I dont understand xd?
Here is the character directly saying that he would not do exactly what you are saying.

I will make my case.

He can manipulate more tech, this has been shown. Please read the rest of the convo

This is an ability Rick has used once and when given all the prep time he need on multiple occassions, he consistently never uses this. On top of the fact Rick said it was the last true fortune. Then to rap it all up he said

Showing direct evidence via the character himself, they would not do what you say.

Let me round up all the wincons that have made and have not been refuted
Rick: Ice and disintegration
BH: Sealing him inside his own tech, Mind Manip, transmutation, fusionism

even then BH has tech manipulation has not been refuted with the evidence provided.

This is an ability Rick has used once and when given all the prep time he need on multiple occassions, he consistently never uses this. On top of the fact Rick said it was the last true fortune. Then to rap it all up he said
We assume that Rick has access to all of his optional weapons, and one of them is Fortune Cookies. Just because he's used them once doesn't mean he can't use them. If that's your reasoning, how about removing Attack Speed from Black Hat's profile? He only used the Magisword once.

We assume that Rick has access to all of his optional weapons, and one of them is Fortune Cookies. Just because he's used them once doesn't mean he can't use them. If that's your reasoning, how about removing Attack Speed from Black Hat's profile? He only used the Magisword once.
It just mean he's  extremely unlikely to.

If Rick knows Black Hat is a threat he will use everything he has. He is known to overkill.

We did refute it. You didnt refute anything tbh
Phones have cameras
This was your refute, there was 4 examples there. You didn't even fully look at the one example.

We assume that Rick has access to all of his optional weapons, and one of them is Fortune Cookies. Just because he's used them once doesn't mean he can't use them.
SBA: "State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle".

Again it isn't a problem he only used it once, more the fact he hasn't used it when given the exact situation he is in currently. Multiple times.
If that's your reasoning, how about removing Attack Speed from Black Hat's profile? He only used the Magisword once.
You are the one who speed equalized it. I be perfectly fine in this situation with FTL

Hey Shion

It doesn't matter if he's known to overkill or not

Because what matters is what he actually does in-canon
Remind me the time Rick had to fight the lord of evil that can trap him in books and create thousands of universes

Did you just copy and paste the exact same argument?

We have shown completely different usage of the abilities.

Here is the character directly saying that he would not do exactly what you are saying.
First of all, I didn't copy it, I just threw it only to him, assuming that the moderator didn't see it

In addition, I can't make sense of what you are saying because with 2 sentences you are implying something about the whole article I wrote, but I haven't read this revision in full

So give me a proper summary or my argument will be the same

In which scan did he affect anything thag aint a camera?
My guy, please read. Because other than the last one it is all of them.

best example is the one with a time stamp on the side

In addition, I can't make sense of what you are saying because with 2 sentences you are implying something about the whole article I wrote, but I haven't read this revision in full

So give me a proper summary or my argument will be the same
You want me to make a summary for something you are paying attention to instead of reading?

The death crystal idea is bunk because the quote I gave showed he straight up would not use. The fortune cookie idea has not been used in any situation where he had time or reason to use it. Looking for, beating, anything with Rick prime. Could reach farther with Dinos, Pope, etc. Then with Rick saying it was the last good fortune shows he might not have access to it.

Back