• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Stupid math had to downgrade inFAMOUS so **** y'all here's this.

Both at 7-A.

Speed Equalized.

Yada yada.

Good Cole
vs.
Garou anime

Alright so we got a dude who completely mops a guy who can make a 380 or so Megaton blast immediately upon waking up, before spending several weeks straight just powering himself up, vs a dude who can completely murk a guy comparable to Orochi, who is far superior to 203 Megatons

Am I missing anything on that front?

Cole has a ranged onslaught, and his restraint grenades could very well put an end to the fight, since I think Garou-

>Lifting Strength: Unknown

I could have sworn there was some feat somewhere but hey that's still less than Class K

Either way, Garou can reflect his projectiles after being pelted enough, but Cole has so many attacks with AOE it won't be too easy

that's my basic overview

Which seems simple enough if he has enough juice to keep tossing grenades, so for now I'm leaning heavily towards Cole, though Garou's ability to reflect ranged attacks and absolutely floor him hand to hand would definitely make it tough

AP: Cole arguably has a very minor advantage, he scales about 5 degrees of "far stronger" due to the amount of Blast Core relays he absorbed since fighting the Beast who performed a 345 megaton feat after Waking up. Garou has a huge scaling chain himself though so the difference matters little.

Skill: Garou, easily mobs Cole up close, though this isn't too relevant.

Abilities: Cole's Advantage in range is in my opinion what gives him the Edge in this fight, Garou's biggest weakness and Cole's biggest strength. Garou has several meters with his whirlwind attack and that is literally it, Cole flying above and range spanning, which is highly in character for him, will keep him safe from pretty much all of Garou's attacks, only thing Garou can really do is try to cover that distance is leap after Cole in mid flight. Which Cole can counter by pretty much sidestepping mid flight or spamming him.

Now despite Cole having a massive range advantage, Garou will not be out of the game, his incredible reactive evolution will allow him to stay in the fight as he will eventually grow a resistance to his electrical attacks. However, this will not save him completely, as Cole's Range can be switched up with numerous homing dispersed explosives. As well as Lightning storm, which can overwhelm people with electricity resistance by strength.

If Cole didn't have such a massive advantage in range or enough versatility to stop Garou from adapting to all of his attacks, I would say he loses, however, due to his range advantage, flight advantage, numerous versatility with projectiles, and the fact that he has really fast acting Low Mid Regen with the RFI that Garou will struggle to bypass due to how quick it is with the RFI, Id say Cole takes this 6/10 times.

Actually, now that I look at it

Tanktop Master is apparently Class K, which Garou should be far stronger than

why Garou isn't At least Class K I have no idea but eh, cookie crumbles

Cole still has a big advantage but restraining him with Grenades may not be among them

Okay, I have enough motivation to respond to this.

Garos DOES, in fact, resist electricity. In his fight against Royal Ripper and Bug God (where he wasn't at 100%), he was knocked into a power line and used it to propell himself. Power lines generally range from 150,000 - 760,000 volts. Just to be safe, I'll lowball this.

Garou has Analytical Prediction and Instinctive Reaction, so that really should counter any projectiles that Cole can throw or should he attempt to fight H2H. Even should it be an AOE, Garou will likely be able to see this coming and simply jump. It's probably inevitable that he WON'T get hit with at least one electric attack, but his RE is gonna allow him to grow a bigger resistance to it with each exposure. Coupled with his high pain-tolerence, Regen, and Immortality (Type 2), it will take a lot to take him down.

Info Analysis will give him a pretty good glimpse of Cole's fighting style as it goes on, and I believe that as long as this fight goes on, he'll get faster, he'll get more range, he'll get more durable, etc. Rage Power can also help close the AP gap, if it was large to begin with. Even if he cannot get beyond 7-A, I believe the rest of his stats can.

Also, it isn't out of character for Garou to do something unorthodox to deal with his flight, like crawling up surroundings to attempt to strike him, or even just... throwing stuff. I'd say Cole would take this if Garou simply already didn't have a resistance to electricity that'll only get stronger.

Voting Garou 5.7/10.

Cole can also climb his surroundings and throw stuff and has fought people who can do the same. That's really nothing new.

Pinning Garou to the ground with Class K, likely Class M force by detonating a grenade near them

It's just a projectile he throws, which he can use to cover the whole field with enough work

He can only glide in other forms

But this is RFI so he flies

Welp Garou will have a very hard time reaching him but Garou can take a hit from Cole's attack due to him being resistant to electricity and he will eventually become even more resistant to electricity with his insane adaptation. I dunno where the battle will take place but assuming it's SBA so NYC central park so he can use the environment to his advantage like buildings/trees to jump and reach Cole but it's not like Cole will just stay there and not move. There's the argument from the grenade but I'm not sure that will help due to Garou's absurd RE and his initial lifting strength will suffice for the first bomb.

I see Garou taking this due to his Analyical Prediction + Instinctive Reaction which lets him dodge Cole's attack but if he's hit he will eventually adapts, Immortality type 2, Very high pain tolerance and stamina will let him survive the early rounds abit and Info Analysis which lets him figure out Cole's fighting style and Stat Amp via his RE. Voting Garou extremely high-diff

Also I understand Garou's adaptation is fantastic, but can he amplify his range well enough to hit Cole?

Cole flies in character in this form, and he doesn't have any problem staying out of range until Garou getting pummeled by too many attacks tores him out

Secondary issue, Cole can switch his projectiles up and have them come in at an omnidirectional angle and add homing to them, even with Precog Garou will be forced to use his reflection to deal with them

Thirdly, the reasoning for Garou goes into good detail regarding how he can counter Cole's range, but not much regarding Garou's offense, striking down Cole will be insanely difficult without homing attacks and whatever does hit Cole gets nopes by regen.

He has RFI which is a constant generator of Electricity.

At full power the RFI can create a massive electrical wave that can cover the entire planet.

Now imagine that amount of power only constantly feeding Cole instead of being released at once.

What will that do exactly?

Garou still has so much distance to cover that a good speed gap won't negate Cole's range especially since Garou doesn't have the range to hit Cole.

Garou can maybe leap after Cole but that leaves him open as he can't dodge Mid Air.

Welp changing my vote to Cole mid-high diff. Garou may be absurd and tenacious but he's not outlasting Cole who has limitless stamina that can fly and spam range attacks. Not to mention Garou's limited offensive attack

Range, AOE & mobility are pretty important advantages in a MU like this. So, I vote for Cole FRA.

<Leap

Bad idea, Garou can't control his movements Mid Air so Cole can hit him if he tries that. If he hits him with Arc Restrainta

And if it REALLY gets to the point where Garou can really adapt to everything Cole does and can leap at him. Cole can Ionic Drain by touching his head.

Considering the distance he will put himself & Garou, it might. Considering the distance his range gives him, he has enough time to react.

Also, can't Cole just outlive Garou? Cole's better mobility & range can allow that.

Ionic Drain ignores Durability and AP isn't tied to lifting strength so AP is out

IR is impossible if you can't control your movements in Mid Air, which Garou can't do.

Of course, Leaping faster then the Opponents can perceive in close quarters is a massive advantage, but speed becomes far less of a factor when Distance is applied, which Cole has a massive advantage in, especially since again, Garou can't control his movements Mid Air

Migue79 said:
Considering the distance he will put himself & Garou, it might. Considering the distance his range gives him, he has enough time to react.

Also, can't Cole just outlive Garou? Cole's better mobility & range can allow that.
No. That takes so insanely long even barely chipping away at Cole would sooner give him the win then this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back