• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rewording Professional Wrestling "Verse Standards" section

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rule itself is totally fine, but it needs some rewording as the sentences are WWE-centered, which is not suitable for a verse page concerning Professional Wrestling in general.

The example of such issue (specific words are bold):
WWE, much like any other professional wrestling company, is scripted television, and as such its profiles are allowed.
Utilize only information from within the setting itself, and not real-world information for characters or props, as WWE can change those around in its narratives or simply do not care.
It is allowed to use different keys for professional wrestlers who have participated in other wrestling companies and promotions, if the WWE has canonically mentioned and referenced them.

WWE Charactes will be work like Novel Characters as it script & narrative.

Floymayweather jr. (WWE) & Mike tyson (WWE) was Part of WWE Canon timeline too (Back in the day)

Floy 9-C Higher with brass knuckle 9-B knock out big show
Mike tyson likely 9-B due to One shot

And other guest characters should be allow to had profile too

Same case like def jam that use real life peoples but still diffrent persons from real world (Allow)

Floymayweather jr. (WWE) & Mike tyson (WWE) was Part of WWE Canon timeline too (Back in the day)

Same case like def jam that use real life peoples but still diffrent persons from real world (Allow)
No, it is not the point of this CRT. I feel that you can discuss such issue here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/professional-wrestling-wwe-aew-tiering-content-revision.137712/

We try to get better name fo the verse more than using WWE right?
Yeah I understand that.

If we call this verse " professional wrestling" Every PW around the world would allow to have a page as long as they get script & narrative (not real fight).

Example: Saiki Reika from japan would allow to has page due to her being female professional wrestler

But We need to know her script from japanese and all her feat from her plot (Still hard)

Again can we assume that every professional wrestling live in the same universe?

Plot wise WWE script would Ignore other professional wrestling existen from diffrent regions as non canon

Except some professional wrestling that already collab or crossover.

This isn’t a CRT to create the verse, it’s been running for quite some time now already. (Oh also all WWE characters are 9-B, not 9-C as I think you’re suggesting) This is just to reword some old WWE-Centric wording in a verse page that has since incorporated other professional wrestling promotions

Professional Wrestling is scripted television, and as such profiles are allowed.

Utilize only information from within the setting itself, and not real-world information for characters or props, as pro wrestling companies can change those around in narratives or simply do not care.

And a total rework for the last:
Due to the fact that several wrestling companies reference each other, it has been agreed they share an overlapping canon. As such, if a wrestler appears in multiple promotions you should contain all their abilities, powers, etc. within one page regardless, but split the promotions by means of keys.

We would never be allowed to do a Floyd Mayweather Jr profile lol
Ludacris from defjam fight from new york already had profile and it allow
And that floy was consider diffrent person in WWE verse like defjam case
Floy was consider canon in WWE story line like mike tyson who can knock out jericho

We would never be allowed to do a Floyd Mayweather Jr profile lol
This was already allow as Diffrent universe Depart from real life.
As long as it add (WWE or Verse name)

This was already allow as Diffrent universe Depart from real life.
As long as it add (WWE or Verse name)
  • It is disallowed to make files for excessively minor wrestlers or characters, and guest stars such as Donald Trump, Snooki and John Stewart.

Let me said this......if def Jam had Floy JR. & Mike tyson or every real peoples as playable characters
They will allow to had Profile Page for Def jam verse like those rappers.

But i still Understand WWE Verse that they still use real peoples(Not game model) for the script show so it still sensitive to allow.
And they are not wrestlers. (Game still diffrent from scripted television Show)

Last edited:
Pikaman's suggested solutions seem fine to me as well. Are you or Mariogoods willing to apply them?

Pikaman's suggested solutions seem fine to me as well. Are you or Mariogoods willing to apply them?
I wish I could apply them, but the fandom is blocked on my laptop.

I hate constantly relying on others to do the work, but I basically have no choice (I need to buy my own personal laptop).

I have done so and this thread could be closed.

Before that happens, we should remove

As it’s an outdated segment from when it wasn’t allowed to “composite” profiles in the way we can today
It is another topic, but I want to know the reason as the main wiki discourages compositing profile and the only reason why some of them can is because different PW companies accepting wrestlers' abilities in other companies.

I mean that VS Battles Wiki seemingly (now) don't accept the composited profiles. I heard that some profiles of Professional Wrestling (such as Chris Jericho) have their power & ability shared only because different professional wrestling companies recognize the wrestlers' P&A in different Professional Wrestling shows.

Also, I feel that the different wrestling companies keys should have different power rating standard (which is already accepted currently) and I hope that the removal of
Please do not composite wrestlers across multiple leagues, since that would be akin to cross-verse scaling.
won't affect it.

I am honestly not sure in this case. I suppose that it depends on if the wrestling leagues largely share the same continuity, or at least do not contradict each other.

Well the shows have referenced each other, characters cross over from one to the other, I think it’s pretty clear they share a connected canon

Well the shows have referenced each other, characters cross over from one to the other, I think it’s pretty clear they share a connected canon
Due to It call WWE Verse section so it had to be only WWE (Diamond Page(WCW) attack undertaker ex.wife(sarah)before in WWF era)
There was some case of some games or movie series that had connect in the same universe.
but still depart the name of the verse from each other.
Example : Doomguy connect to other games as it confirm by Game Directors like Commander keen (Billy Blaze)
And that boy connect to Doomguy as it already confirm.
Wolfstien - Commander keen - Doom (Same lineage)

Due to It call WWE Verse section so it had to be only WWE (Diamond Page(WCW) attack undertaker ex.wife(sarah)before in WWF era)
There was some case of some games or movie series that had connect in the same universe.
but still depart the name of the verse from each other.
Example : Doomguy connect to other games as it confirm by Game Directors like Commander keen (Billy Blaze)
And that boy connect to Doomguy as it already confirm.
Wolfstien - Commander keen - Doom (Same lineage)

Um...what point are you trying to make here?

Okay. It is probably fine to consider them as being part of the same verse in that case.

Um...what point are you trying to make here?
I mean some 2 or 3 verses was in the same universe as Game directors confirm it despite diffrent name for the verse

Wolfstien - Commander keen - Doomguy

If Billy Blaze had the profile he still use (Commander Keen verse) same as wolfstein verse page depart from doom verse

WWE verse maybe connect with other regions that collab but if it not allow that mean because the reason above i mention despite it live in the same universe.

English isn't your native language, is it? Anyways, from what I'm understanding you're trying to say that while there's multiple "verses", they all simply are a shared universe or so in this case, correct? In any case we'd need some citations for that, unless they were already accepted in a past CRT or something.

English isn't your native language, is it? Anyways, from what I'm understanding you're trying to say that while there's multiple "verses", they all simply are a shared universe or so in this case, correct? In any case we'd need some citations for that, unless they were already accepted in a past CRT or something.
Thank you for understanding me. But only 3 verse like Wolfstien, Commaer Keen,Doom were already Confirm by game Directors

Drakengard To Nier (Already Confirm)​

Okay. That seems fine to me. You can probably do so.

Ayy, so Jericho can now have all of his powers!

Would this mean we can also use skill feats from other promotions as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back