• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean comet feat even when lowballed would definitely be Tier 6 at the Bare minimum I've seen a calc for it before

It was lowballed and got 5-C.

I'm sure that eventually Disney Canon will have enough Tier 6 feats and shit for that not to be an outlier.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It was lowballed and got 5-C.
I'm sure that eventually Disney Canon will have enough Tier 6 feats and shit for that not to be an outlier.
Nuuuu dont say that OvO i like my tier 7 star wars

i just want more hax

Matthew Schroeder said:
Disney Canon already has a bunch of Tier 6 feats. They're just for heavy turbolasers on Star Destroyers.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Nuuuu dont say that OvO i like my tier 7 star wars

i just want more hax
I wouldn't mind more crazy speed feats, like in Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars.

CursedGentleman said:
Still, likely low 7-C still would be an upgrade to Shaggy ovo
Sha'a Gi would scale to like Tier 6 or something. Child Darth Zannah when she was discovered by Darth Bane has a multi-gigaton level feat. And that was without any formal training in the Force. I imagine a fully fledged Padawan like Sha'a Gi would scale to well above that.

CursedGentleman said:
So, what's the conclusion of the thread for now? If there is one
Conclusions:

The Legends of Luke Skywalker book mostly details myths and tall tales of Luke. The stories/feats are greatly exaggerated and should not be taken seriously.

Jumping from consistent Town level+ / Large Town level to suddenly Country level is an outlier.

Will not you take into account the fact of the story being told in the book, was the original of the man who saw everything happen and not the mouth of other people?

Good ... in ESB Sidious says the boy could destroy both: He and Vader

I think it's just ... for now.

It's not told by him exactly. It's being retold after being passed along a chain of people, clearly distorted and exaggerated along the way.

Yes, he had that kind of potential. Whether he achieved it is still unclear.

How many times must I repeat myself? These feats are all just too damn ridiculous by Canon standards. Characters on prime Vader and Yoda's level had to exert themselves to wreck masses weighing thousands to tens of thousands of tonnes, and Luke suddenly can swat away an entire fleet of 40 million tonne warships? There are like eight feats on Town level+ to Large Town level from top tier Jedi/Sith, and Luke suddenly has Large Island to Country level showings? That makes no sense.

This books is a collection of myths, tall tales, urban legends. And they're told from the point of view of people who have never seen a Jedi, know nothing of the Force, likely never even seen any example of the Force being used.

Good ... in ESB Sidious says the boy could destroy both: He and Vader
I think it's just ... for now.

They were talking about his Potential and even then he would be at least High 7-C

I'll say something, though:

I think it's pretty contradictory that we have another thread going on at this exact moment saying that a character who's a glorified Padawan is 7-C, but in this thread the very idea of one of the strongest Jedi who ever existed being above At least High 7-C is treated as absurd.

I understand that we do not have many concrete feats above that in Disney, but when we do start getting them (And it's a question of When, not If. Old EU was pretty conserved initially) we shouldn't just immediately dismiss them.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I understand that we do not have many concrete feats above that in Disney, but when we do start getting them (And it's a question of When, not If. Old EU was pretty conserved initially) we shouldn't just immediately dismiss them.
Yes, if they start getting consistent feats of a higher degree, we wouldn't be able to just dismiss them as outlier. After all, my 477 Kiloton Giants of Living Stone calc is a low-ball (a Magnitude 7 earthquake being the bare minimum for that kind of devastation).

However, as it stands Luke's feats in this novel (which is marketed as a collection myths an tall tales, just to remind you all again) are just too hilariously above everything else we've seen in Canon.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Old EU was pretty conserved initially
I think the old Legends EU started getting crazy OP only after the Dark Empire series of the early 1990s.

Soldier Blue said:
I think the old Legends EU started getting crazy OP only after the Dark Empire series of the early 1990s.
Luke actually had a Black Hole feat in like the OG comics from the Late 70s - Early 80s.

Soldier Blue said:
However, as it stands Luke's feats in this novel (which is marketed as a collection myths an tall tales, just to remind you all again) are just too hilariously above everything else we've seen in Canon.
Actually there is a feat in a Canon Novel where some unspecified Jedi stopped a meteor that had hit a planet, blown it up, and still kept going and was going to blow up the second planet they were in.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Actually there is a feat in a Canon Novel where some unspecified Jedi stopped a meteor that had hit a planet, blown it up, and still kept going and was going to blow up the second planet they were in.
It's in the novel Aftermath. A collection of ancient Jedi (unspecified number of them) gather together, meditate for an unknown period of time, and will apart Comet Kinro. Most of them died and the ones who lived went insane.

There's a calc assuming it was every Jedi in the Galaxy together and the result was Moon level if everyone collaborated equally.

lol.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There's a calc assuming it was every Jedi in the Galaxy together and the result was Moon level if everyone collaborated equally.
Assuming 10,000 Jedi is a safe bet. Dividing our current threshold for 5-B by 10,000 would result in Multi-Continent level+ yields.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Luke actually had a Black Hole feat in like the OG comics from the Late 70s - Early 80s.
I'm guessing it was one of the old Marvel Star Wars comics?

Yes. Luke and group's spaceship is passing by the pull of an invisible Black Hole. Luke uses the Force to identify the Black Hole and shield the ship.

I understand that some things that this book says may be hilarious even, but I'm sure that this is not the case, since this part is narrated by the guy who actually was there and saw everything, but continuing ...

But anyway ... what are you going to do, accept or close the topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back