• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision of Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Legends of Luke Skywalker, he dropped two star destroyers and twenty AT-ATs with his lightsaber.

The Book is part of the canonical and I think this is a good one to be placed on Luke's page here on Vs Battle Wiki

"The people who have so much money that they wear their clothes only once before throwing them away," said Tyra, a thirteen-year-old human girl whose family had scavenged in junkyards all over the galaxy. The heroes of the New Republic!" said Naldy, a skinny boy with striped skin who wouldn't tell anyone where he was from.
"Any heroes in particular?" asked Dwoogan. Her tone was affectionate, playful. She stirred the tails with a ladle and didn't flinch as drops of hot oil splashed against her powerful arms.
"Luke Skywalker," said Naldy.
"But he hasn't been seen in years," said G'kolu, his horns making a skeptical half turn.
"Doesn't mean that he wouldn't be in Canto Bight," said Naldy defensively. "He rode tauntauns, didn't he? I bet he would make an amazing jockey."
"I bet he'd rather be in the piloting races," said G'kolu. "Way more money in those. I heard that he once made the Kessel Run in under twelve parsecs."
"You're thinking of someone else," said Tyra. She and G'kolu shared the same quarters and bickered like siblings. "Skywalker was the one who once took down twenty AT-ATs with his lightsaber."
The other young deckhands chimed i
. "My mother told me it was two hundred! And he rode a tauntaun while doing it."
"Tauntauns are even harder to ride than fathiers—"
"My uncle said he used magic to smash two Star Destroyers together—"
"It wasn't magic. It was just good piloting. And it was six Star Destroyers—"
"Twee-BOOP eek eek eek—"
"That's a name I haven't heard in a while," said Ulina. The children and droids instantly quieted. Ulina's eye patch pulsed from amber to magenta. "There are lots of stories about Luke Skywalker. Some of them might even be true."
The deckhands hung on every word. Ulina had seen far more of the galaxy than the rest of them, and there seemed to be nothing she didn't know.
"Tell us one?" pleaded G'kolu, his horns leaning forward eagerly.
"It's late," said Ulina.
The deckhands would not accept this.
"Just one! Please?"
"We'll work extra hard tomorrow."
"Dwee BOOP tweetweetwee?" Even the ship's ancient droid custodian, G2-X, joined the chorus as he set the platter of fried vegicus tails on the table.

Tyra, the scavenger girl.
"That…depends on your focus," said Ulina. Her eye patch turned to a gentle pulsing blue as she added, "Legends about our heroes don't matter as much as what we choose to make of our own lives when the legends move us."
Tyra bit her bottom lip and nodded.
The other deckhands started getting into a heated debate.
"Luke couldn't really have tossed Star Destroyers down to Jakku by magic, could he?"
"So you're an expert on magic now?"
"Maybe the Imperial was just confused."

The Legends of Luke Skywalker book is a collection of myths and tall tales of the legendary Luke Skywalker told from the point of view of ordinary citizens in the galaxy, many of them being naive youngsters.

Most or all of the feats in the book are greatly exaggerated and should absolutely not be taken seriously. This book can be considered a satirical take on how overpowered Luke was in the Legends expanded universe.

Soldier Blue escreveu:
O livro As Lendas de Luke Skywalker é uma cole├º├úo de mitos e contos do lend├írio Luke Skywalker contados do ponto de vista de cidad├úos comuns na gal├íxia, muitos deles jovens ing├¬nuos.
A maioria ou todos os talentos do livro s├úo muito exagerados e n├úo devem ser levados a sério. Este livro pode ser considerado uma vis├úo sat├¡rica de como Lucas dominado estava no universo expandido de Legends.

"Did you see the starship graveyard?" asked Ulina.
Tyra's eyes lit up. "Oh, yes. The wrecks were magnificent. My grandmother used to take me to where she—to explore the officers' quarters on some of the big destroyers."
"So let me tell you a story about Luke Skywalker and the starship graveyard."
"I didn't know he was on Jakku!"
"Well, you'll see. The story I'm about to tell you has been passed from teller to teller across many smuggling crews. The original teller was someone who fought for the Emperor…."

Someone who fought for the emperor and was there was telling the story and it was passed from person to person, but the book deals with the original story itself, according to the narrative on (I go to the most accurate part not to curl too much).

"I LIVED UNDER THE GLORIOUS reign of Emperor Palpatine. I lived to see the New Republic's petty leaders squabble over the ashes of a once-great galaxy. I lived, but my comrades died.
The Battle of Jakku is celebrated today as the final defeat of the Galactic Empire, but for me, it was both my first and last tour of duty as a gunner aboard a Star Destroyer in the Imperial Navy. I was a young man of twenty, dedicated to the Emperor's cause of bringing order to the galaxy.
The life of a gunner is one of endless waiting punctuated by flashes of terror."

Now, let's go to the feats

"Slowly disintegrating, the ships dove into the roiling ocean of air below like fallen Corosian phoenixes, their TIE squadrons swerving aimlessly in space, as helpless as orphaned hatchlings.
It was a sign. It was a nightmare. It had to mean something.
Beams of lightning crisscrossed the windows and ensnared more Imperial Star Destroyers. Like lassoed beasts, the graceful, dark metallic hulks buckled and strained against the tractor beams. But their struggles were useless. One by one, the ships lost their momentum, dipped, and were hurled down toward Jakku."

More Feats...

"A Star Destroyer focused all its cannons on him, and carelessly, he deflected the shots with graceful swings. He launched himself from a cruiser, tucked his legs under him, and tumbled through space, shooting bolts of energy from his sword in every direction. Star Destroyer after Star Destroyer disintegrated under this unnatural assault.
It was impossible. It was unbelievable. Yet it was true. The Jedi was dispatching capital ships with his sword of magic alone.
Tired of his game, the Jedi suddenly put away his shining sword. He swung his arms and reached for the Imperial fleet with his bare hands, and thin strands of crackling energy emerged from his palms like a fishing net cast into the ocean that was the galaxy. The glowing strands reached the ships and ensnared them, and the Jedi laughed like a child playing by the sea. Hauling the ships in like so many flopping fish, he cast them down toward Jakku. He was a god playing with toys, except that the toys were city-sized structures of steel and held tens of thousands of lives.
This is why we lost.
He has come, the avenging Jedi who can cast starships down from the heavens with a sword of light."

In your Star Destroyer ...

"A jolt, as though the entire Star Destroyer had been picked up by a giant hand and slammed against the ground. My teeth and bones rattled. My vision swam. My ears filled with a high-pitched, incessant drone.
The bridge went dark: the overhead lights, the viewscreens, the blinking lights on the banks of consoles, even the emergency lighting strips in the floor. All around us was the darkness of space; the faint, heartless glow of distant stars; and the dim radiance of heated, thin upper-atmosphere air against the bridge windows.
My ears popped. Then I heard the inhuman, deafening metallic roar and screech of a ship dying in space."

And the Man who was in the battle, continues to tell the story of what he saw with his own eyes ...

"I opened my eyes and shivered. I was lying down, and it was cold, very cold.
And dark.
Overhead the stars twinkled mercilessly, like the eyes of a universe that didn't care that hundreds of thousands had just died. The galaxy had been there long before we were born, and it would be there long after we were gone.
I realized that I was moving, drifting through the sea of stars.
Have I died? Is this the afterlife?

Against the dim moonlight and starglow, a massive edifice loomed into my view on the left. It was lit here and there, offices or suites occupied by those who had not gone to sleep.
What city am I in? On what planet?
I noticed that the lights didn't hold the steady glow of electricity, but flickered and sparked. Fire. Parts of the building were on fire. A passing breeze brought the odor of burning plastoid and insulation. The shape of the building grew more familiar….
The edifice was the wreck of a fallen Star Destroyer, now resembling some giant's sword left behind, plunged into the sands of an abandoned battlefield.
I struggled to lift my head, to look around.
Three or four more Star Destroyers and star cruisers filled the view, mountains of steel and despair, a graveyard of Imperial glory. Pieces of smaller broken spacecraft and ground vehicles littered the landscape. It was a nightmarish vision drawn from fairy tales, a dark, burning forest through which I crawled like a tiny ant.
No, not crawled. I'm being dragged.
I was lying on a litter made from the thin terminal struts and broken partitions of a starship, lashed together. Cushions from an escape pod, still smelling of melted plastoid and smoke, provided a bit of padding. My legs were tied to splints, and the waves of pain as the litter jerked unevenly across the desert sand told me that they were broken. Heavy bandages wrapped around my thighs and waist hid injuries I did not want to see. My arms were tied to the sides of the litter, and more strips of cloth secured my waist against the frame. Near my feet lay a few sacks, and I could see broken circuit boards, sensor heads, computer modules sticking out of the openings. Also lashed to the litter next to my thighs were a few water canteens and bundles of rations.
Ahead of me, a human figure wrapped in flowing robes strained to pull me forward with the cables looped over his shoulders.
"Who are you?" I croaked.
He stopped and turned around. There wasn't enough light for me to see his face. His hair was cut in a short, efficient style, and I could tell that he was quite thin under those billowing robes.
"I found you," he said. "You were the only one who was alive in that pod."
"There will be a reward if you bring me back to an Imperial Navy outpost."
He chuckled. "I have no love for the Empire."
A rebel then. Just my luck.
"What do you want with me?" I asked.

Want with you?" he seemed to find this question funny. "What does one living being want with another in the desert? There are only a few answers. It isn't hard to figure out."
He turned around and leaned into the hauling cables. The litter jerked forward.
"Let me go," I whispered hoarsely.
Either he didn't hear me or he didn't care. He simply plodded on. One step. Then another.
A wave of dizziness and nausea washed over me. I was his prisoner, and there was nothing I could do.
His robe looks just like the glowing garment worn by that Jedi.
I stopped straining, fell back, and let myself drift back to sleep."

You can not ignore this fact, since who told was in the battle and saw everything.

Now you can no longer underestimate this feat, since whoever saw everything was in the destroyer and as the same narrative indicates is the original story told by the smuggler himself who worked for the emperor and was there when Luke did it

Shadowbokunohero escreveu: de
qualquer maneira eu acho que isso seria um Outlier enorme de qualquer maneira
De acordo com Yoda, todo mestre é superado por seu aprendiz, ent├úo ele superou Obi-Wan e até o próprio Yoda.

Não deve ser considerado discrepante, pois se procurarmos por imagens de Jakku na internet, veremos Star Destroyers nele.

Another reason he denies the famous "I will consider outlier because I simply want and I will say it is a satire" is the fact that no matter the size of the object that a jedi wants to move, it does not matter if it is the size of a mountain (Yoda) no matter if it is the size of a city (Luke and the Star Destroyer) he will be able to move because he is strong and skilled in strength.

What I was trying to say is: According to Yoda, every master is surpassed by his apprentice, so he overcame Obi-Wan and even Yoda himself.

It should not be considered dissimilar, because if we look for images of Jakku on the internet, we will see Star Destroyers in it.

Mr Fantasticool said:
Another reason he denies the famous "I will consider outlier because I simply want and I will say it is a satire" is the fact that no matter the size of the object that a jedi wants to move, it does not matter if it is the size of a mountain (Yoda) no matter if it is the size of a city (Luke and the Star Destroyer) he will be able to move because he is strong and skilled in strength.
And I think someone should take that into account. With that, nobody can say that it is an "outlier"

it is an outlier when the characters best feats are far below that

in canon it was never directly stated that Luke surpassed Yoda

Shadowbokunohero said:
it is an outlier when the characters best feats are far below that
in canon it was never directly stated that Luke surpassed Yoda
> Said by Yoda himself that the apprentice beats the master in The Last Jedi
> "in canon it was never directly stated that Luke surpassed Yoda"

Pick One

The book itself notes that the story is not being told by the person who was there. It is being told by someone, who heard it from someone, who heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else still, and so on in a long chain. This is a tale that has been passed down through many mouths and has obviously been greatly exaggerated along the way.

Another problem with this is that there is no confirmation whatsoever that Luke even participated in the Battle of Jakku. He was mostly off exploring the Outer Rim and Wild Space for Jedi lore and relics at the time. And who is to say that this story is not completely made up by whoever is telling the story?

Another problem with this feat is how Luke's feats are ludicrously above every other Force adept in the Canon. Even Yoda and Palpatine's best showings are Town level+ to mid-end of Large Town level. And Luke suddenly has Large Island level to Country level showings? He's flying through space by himself from one star destroyer to another and deflecting hundred Gigaton heavy turbolaser bolts with his bare hands? And defending against all-batteries-barrages from star destroyers (which would be dozens of Teratons)?

Nope. Lucasfilm themselves describe book as a collection of myths and tall tales of Luke. That is why I say to absolutely not take it seriously.

Mr Fantasticool said:
> Said by Yoda himself that the apprentice beats the master in The Last Jedi
> "in canon it was never directly stated that Luke surpassed Yoda"

Pick One
Yoda merely states that the burden of all masters is to be surpassed by their students. Shadow Senpai is right. There is no confirmation on whether Canon Luke surpassed Yoda and Palpatine. And even if he did, a jump of High 7-C to 6-B in just one year is just ridiculous.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's this type of smug, arrogant "Lol, look how stupid Star Wars was, now we're much better!" atittude that kind of makes me loathe the New Canon.
Lucasfilm is just poking fun at themselves. It's not an insult to Legends or its fans. Most of the people on the Lucasfilm Story Group are actually huge Legends fans. They're known to be huge KOTOR I and II fans in particular. Hence the insertion of Old Republic era artefacts and lore in a lot of recent Star Wars works.

Legends fans need to quit acting like the Lucasfilm Story Group are somehow insulting them and victimizing them. The only people insulting Legends and its fans are Canon fanboys/girls who can't shut the **** up and enjoy the continuity that they love without ******** on something that other people love. They're no different from Legends fanboys/girls who keep throwing vitriol at the new Canon.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
How dare you imply this is silly? **** you! I'll destroy you!
Funny thing: That otter-like alien species (I forgot the name) and Han fighting one of them is actually Canon.

Anyway, since we're most likely done here, is it okay to close this thread? I think we can all agree that Luke going from High 7-C to 6-B in just one year is just plain crazy.

It is definitely not the craziest jump ever. There have been worse jumps in a single week.

Kepekley23 said:
It is definitely not the craziest jump ever. There have been worse jumps in a single week.
The problem with this jump is this: The novel is marketed by Lucasfilm as a collection of myths and tall tales about Luke, as told from the perspective of ordinary citizens of the galaxy, most of whom have never in person seen a Jedi or any application of the Force.

Here is an interview on the official Star Wars site, with the author himself, where these stories are described as in-universe myths, tall tales, campfire stories, and urban legends:

Link

its to vague to be considered an outright feat or fact.

I mean even some of the feats that end up being mostly true are exaggerated.

what if? Luke just used the force to crush the main systems of the Stardestroyers causing a chain reaction?

I should once again point out that there is no other canonical confirmation of whether Luke even participated in the Battle of Jakku.

It should also be noted that in this battle, a large number of Imperial captains chose to deliberately crash their vessels onto Jakku's surface in order to prevent New Republic Commandos from commandeering them. From this, myths could have arisen that a Jedi used the Force to swat them out of orbit.

Well, I'll tell you why this feat should be considered.

By the narrative of the book being in the first person and being obviously the man who was in the battle when this happened, it already indicates that it is true

R = "It could be that he lied"

By the way the story was introduced in the book? No, I'm sorry, but no. He told this story to several people, in fact ... but when it starts with
"I lived under the glorious reign of Emperor Palpatine.I lived to see the petty leaders of the New Republic fight over the ashes of a once-great galaxy.I lived, but my comrades died" Already indicates that it is the story told by the pilot of a Star Destroyer, and then comes the part where his Star Destroyer was picked up by Luke
"A jolt, as though the entire Star Destroyer had been picked up by a giant hand and slammed against the ground. My teeth and bones rattled.
The bridge went dark: the overhead lights, the viewscreens, the blinking lights on the banks of consoles, even the emergency lighting strips in the floor. All around us was the darkness of space; the faint, heartless glow of distant stars; and the dim radiance of heated, thin upper-atmosphere air against the bridge windows.
My ears popped. Then I heard the inhuman, deafening metallic roar and screeching of a ship dying in space. "

R = "But this remains a bonfire story, an urban legend only"

"Well, you'll see. The story I'm about to tell you has been passed from teller to teller across many smuggling crews." Well, it had the origin, had who saw everything and was the original person who told it all and we saw the original story in the book simply by the way it is narrated

R = "There is no mention of Luke being in the battle in Jakku"

In fact, but people did not know it, many did not know it and only those who knew this history knew about it. Why? Well, you can see that not everyone knows everything, focus on this part
"So let me tell you a story about Luke Skywalker and the starship graveyard."
"I did not know he was on Jakku!"

I think you wanted to understand where I want to go.

Another point that I would like to highlight is:

He overcame the powers of Palpatine and the proof of this is in ESB, but only by disengagement of conscience, I will leave a certain link: https://www.starwars.com/databank/emperor-palpatine-darth-sidious

Actually, I'll leave two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaBlw1gNWdg

So yeah, he overcame Sidious and he knows it.

What needs to also be considered is that 6-B is an outlier for canon as a whole. 7-C to High 7-C is so bizarrely consistent it's hard to ignore.

6-B Luke just messes all this up.

The Everlasting said:
5-C Sidious via scaling to those random comet busting Jedi
╠Âd╠Âo╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Ây╠Âo╠Âu╠ ╠Âm╠Âe╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Â5╠Â-╠ÂB╠ ╠Âv╠Âi╠Âa╠ ╠ÂQ╠Âu╠Âi╠ ╠ÂG╠Âo╠Ân╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âa╠Ât╠Âe╠Âm╠Âe╠Ân╠Ât╠Âs╠Â

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back