• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

REverse Powerscaling

Stefano4444

He/Him
Since small arms in the REverse have been upgraded at At least 9-B, wouldn't that put BOWs such as Lickers and Hunters at the same level?

Its a matter of fact that those BOWs are physically stronger than any humans like Chris or Leon and that for take them down its requid 2-3 blows from mid weaponry such as a shotgun or a grenade launcher.

And this its even more valid for entities such as Tyrant T-103, William Birkin and the Nemesis, since they are easily stronger than standard BOWs (in Outbreak File #2 a Tyrant could easily oneshot Hunters).

Numbersguy

Speaking about Durability both Tyrant T-103 and William Birkin's profiles need to be corrected.

- Super Tyrant 8-C justification is that he has took a massive explosion head on and survived, but it isn's specificy which explosion it is referring and i do not remember any similar feats in any games or canon movies.

- William Birkin 8-C is justification is that he is comparable to a Super Tyrant, which as it is show above he had no good reason to be 8-C .

- William Birkin High 8-C justification is that due that the only thing that killed him was the explosion of the whole Umbrella Lab, but this doesn't justify anything and its also wrong since he wasn't be killed by Umbrella Lab's autodestruction but by the Train autodestruction.

I'd hold onto doing major revisions, specially those based around scaling weapons until more feats are calculated otherwise you're going to end up with 8-C lickers based on the fact they can eat grenades that are later shown to be comparable in power to lightning

I can agree with scaling the BOW's to 9-B given they can rip you to pieces and the characters in game dialog makes them out to be threats.

I'm actually surprised they weren't upgraded.

The tyrant being 8-C in durability probably comes from this

The rating is most likely eyeballed.

Regardless I found that the profile is conflating the Tyrants, the Tyrant from damnation is actually a very different variant of the original seen in RE2 and probably needs either its own profile or a separate key.

As far as final Birkin is concerned he can take a direct hit from the Rocket Luancher in-game so depending on how far you're willing to take the scaling from such weapons he'd be High 8-C in dura but with a different reasoning.

So everyone agree that Licker, Hunter, Yawn, William Birkin (First Key) and Nemesis (First Key) should be upgraded at At least Wall level/9-B?

It's fine but the reasoning that they're stronger than either Leon or Chris only applies if you're specifically referring to their first apperances against the earliest versions of the characters (RE1 and RE2 respectively)

RE5 Chris for example can send an enhanced version of the licker flying with a punch, Leon is practically undamaged by getting slammed by an even stronger version of the Licker and even manages to restrain his movements long enough to grab his gu, in RE6 you encounter the bloodshot which is the C-virus equivalent of the licker and there isn't a single character in the game that can't slam it to them ground mid jump and kill them with a stomp.

Hunters have been missing from the series for a while but they're probably on the same boat as the profiles only coverse the very first iterations of those monsters.

AguilaR101 said:
It's fine but the reasoning that they're stronger than either Leon or Chris only applies if you're specifically referring to their first apperances against the earliest versions of the characters (RE1 and RE2 respectively)
Well RE1 and RE2 had plenty of Wall level feats too, even standard Zombies have show to be very strong compare to real life people. Anyway, Licker and Hunter's profiles already justify their Wall level tier by be stronger than Crimson Heads, who can oneshot standard Zombies, so there is no need of chance anything.

Also, if there is really a discrete difference in strength for characters like Chris or Leon during the time between Code Veronica and RE4 (basically with the end of classic re), then maybe it should be better divided the profiles of Chris/Leon/Claire/Jill/Barry/Ada in this way.

Keys: Classic (RE1 to RE: CV) | Modern (RE4 to RE7)

Sounds fine but you'd need to sort out the scaling because the profiles as they are now would make characters after CV at least 9-B physically as well.

And imo we should instead calculate the feats that apply to weapons and list them accordingly in the profiles.

this one being the most relevant you need to find the total AP needed for the rock to be Violently fragmented/Pulverized and divide by the number of bullets that were needed to do so.

AguilaR101 said:
Sounds fine but you'd need to sort out the scaling because the profiles as they are now would make characters after CV at least 9-B physically as well.
Considering that Wesker could actually feel Chris's punches (when back in Code Veronice he couldn't even do that), that Leon could physically hold a Licker in the middle of combat and that Jake Muller (who is as strong as Chris) could seriously damaged pillars of concrete and harm Ustanak, there should be enough justification to upgraded them at At least 9-B physically.

I know where that explosion feat come from. It's from the RE: Damnation movie, but it was a giant tyrant, not this one, the dude who edited the page got confused.

You can go fix it

Also we should probably wait for more input before applying changes to the profiles, just saying, because assuming those feats are valid they apply to pretty much every character profile in one way or the other.

Stefano4444 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:AguilaR101/Resident_Evil_Remake_Feats

Since both feats have been accepted, which characters should be scaled off?

Tyrant T-103 and Nemesis should scale for sure and William Birkin as well.

But what about humans characters? Since they should still scale in term of speed.
Since the speed of Tyrants got upgraded practically all of the humans should be bumped as well, their justification is the ability to fight the monsters in the first place, so they all should be bumped to supersonic via scaling or feats of their own such as Jill dodging Hydra 70 missiles in RE3.

This is just a heads up to avoid confusion, I'll update the speed ratings for the revelant profiles.

I see.

By the way what about my proposal of dividing RE's protagonists profiles intro Classic Key and Modern Key?

Do you think there is enough justification to do so?

I think so, but the only differences from their early and late game versions are these:

a) Their physical AP (Going from being outclassed by monsters like the first Lickers, to literally being able to stomp monsters on the same level)

b) The way they're able to resist blows from the likes of the Tyrants and G-Monsters (Going from getting knocked out cold or superficially injured, to just being briefly stunned by those attacks or outright being able to trade blows with other comparable creatures

But the tier for their small arms and the like would remain the same (barring them getting bumped to 9-A by the boulder busting calc).

AguilaR101 said:
I think so, but the only differences from their early and late game versions are these:
a) Their physical AP (Going from being outclassed by monsters like the first Lickers, to literally being able to stomp monsters on the same level)

b) The way they're able to resist blows from the likes of the Tyrants and G-Monsters (Going from getting knocked out cold or superficially injured, to just being briefly stunned by those attacks or outright being able to trade blows with other comparable creatures

But the tier for their small arms and the like would remain the same (barring them getting bumped to 9-A by the boulder busting calc).
Agree, Speed would be left unchange as well as later game versions haven't become much faster.

At least for their combat speed and reactions, movement speed on the other hand may need to be downgraded to Peak Human for early game versions, as i do remember that its not possible to trully outspeed the Tyrants.

As either Chris or Jill can outrun the full charge of the T-002, the same with Claire and Leon again the Super Tyrant and Jill with the Nemesis.

Back