• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resisting Esdeaths Timestop

No worries, currently we were refering to the source material that being the manga which has more information on Mahapadma, the move has a lot of complexities to discuss.

As Mahapadma directly freezes Time and Space it indirectly freezes people in time, this creates a frozen space.

I will say I have watched the entire show and have limited access to copies of the manga.

ViperVillian25 said:
No worries, currently we were refering to the source material that being the manga which has more information on Mahapadma, the move has a lot of complexities to discuss.
As Mahapadma directly freezes Time and Space it indirectly freezes people in time, this creates a frozen space.

I will say I have watched the entire show and have limited access to copies of the manga.
ur not been very cleer with what ur righting coould yuo make it more simply for me to red oplease vipervillame25 as my engrish isnt is good

ViperVillian25 said:
What I'm saying that Incursio adapted to both the Cold temperature created by Mahapadma, but also it's affect which is used to freeze time, One doesn't work without the other, especially since Incursio was already stated to be resistant to the cold from the beginning.

If time frozen you can not progress because it has stopped, so you must first adapt to the fact time has been frozen as well as the temperature of which is keeping it frozen. Just being resistant to the cold doesn't fit with the move's description or purpose.
1.Saying her ability isnt targeting people it only targeting the concepts of space and time to freeze them.

-ok so if she not targeting anyone just the space time continuum concepts themselves then no one should be able move including tatsumi regardless of resistance. Yet despite you all saying no one is being targeted tatsumi can move which means they are being hit by it.

2. Mines laser was frozen and people would fall.

-ok mine laser was frozen meaning it was cold enough to be froze. No they wouldn't fall cause the cold field is keeping them there.

3.The assumption the cold and time freeze are seperate

-this is so wrong. No where does esdeath say they to are seperate from each other. Its one ability, it cold thats it. Tatsumi did not adapt to two separate abilities. Even it was two they're both still cold based which can be countered through resistant to the cold like tatsumi did. He was full on moving in it a second time when he became a dragon at the end. https://*********.com/Manga/Akame-ga-Kill/Chapter-076?id=327863#37 No only the but you clearly see the field itself so I know dont where that the whole world came from.

4. Esdeaths space and a frozen tundra

Like No Might said esdeath is literally comparing to a frozen tundra, there'd be no reason for that if it was actual timestop. She said "incursio can adapt to become strong enough to survive a cold tundra, that's what let him move". She just said thanks to the ability to survive a cold environment it let him move in the frozen space. Like I showed above he's moving again. Unless some of you think somewhere in the agk verse theres an area where the time space continuum is frozen. Of course there isnt cause thats headcannon.

5.tatsumi has cold resistance and was effected the first time

-we dont know if he was effected the first time she used because he was knocked out before hand.

6.dropping the temp of time and space

- she is not dropping the effect the space time continuum. Would you mind telling us what the temp gauge is for space time since there is one apparently in agk or show the space time continuum. You only be able to give assumptions. Time and space are concepts. Esdeath froze them indirectly.

All in all cold resistance can counter it. What her ability is doing is just make a cold space field of such cold where time appears to be frozen. Those who have no built resistance to the cold will be frozen in stasis. Time and space are always flowing on all things, so yes by default time would be "stopped" not literally due to the cold. So in the end it's just cold.

If you it's only effecting the space time not anyone else then tatsumi wouldnt able to move due his cold resistance not activating due to not being targeted. If you say it was targeting them then that means cold resistance activates thus letting tatsumi move. It's the latter.

>-ok so if she not targeting anyone just the space time continuum concepts themselves then no one should be able move including tatsumi regardless of resistance. Yet despite you all saying no one is being targeted tatsumi can move which means they are being hit by it.

Tatsumi is able to move because Incursio could adapt to Time Stop... Or do you just assume all time stops of all of fiction can't be resisted?

>-ok mine laser was frozen meaning it was cold enough to be froze. No they wouldn't fall cause the cold field is keeping them there.

What is a cold field and how does that keep a laser frozen in place?

>-this is so wrong. No where does esdeath say they to are seperate from each other. Its one ability, it cold thats it. Tatsumi did not adapt to two separate abilities. Even it was two they're both still cold based which can be countered through resistant to the cold like tatsumi did. He was full on moving in it a second time when he became a dragon at the end. https://*********.com/Manga/Akame-ga-Kill/Chapter-076?id=327863#37 No only the but you clearly see the field itself so I know dont where that the whole world came from.

Moving because he was resistant to time stop.

>Like No Might said esdeath is literally comparing to a frozen tundra, there'd be no reason for that if it was actual timestop. She said "incursio can adapt to become strong enough to survive a cold tundra, that's what let him move". She just said thanks to the ability to survive a cold environment it let him move in the frozen space. Like I showed above he's moving again. Unless some of you think somewhere in the agk verse theres an area where the time space continuum is frozen. Of course there isnt cause thats headcannon.

ShadowWhoWalks' words:

It seems she is saying: "I heard that Incurso can evolve and adapt to the frozen tundra. So it can even try adapting to frozen time/space." instead "I heard that Incurso can evolve and has already adapted to the frozen, so this gave it the ability to move for a second in this frozen time/space."

Also, how do you define resistance to the frozen tundra? Are you saying that any person in a harsh-weather exosuit with a heating unit is capable of moving for exactly one second in Esdeath's timestop?

The author could have compared it to ANYTHING else yet he chose her to compare her ts to a frozen tundra. it only makes sense for a ICE BASED teigu to freeze time using its ice abilities or rapidly lowering the tempature in the air

No Might said:
The author could have compared it to ANYTHING else yet he chose her to compare her ts to a frozen tundra. it only makes sense for a ICE BASED teigu to freeze time using its ice abilities or rapidly lowering the tempature in the air
As I literally said above:

The reason Esdeath brings up Incursio's cold resistance is because it is known through the empire that Incursio has an adaptive ability that enabled him to become resistant to the temperatures of a frozen tundra. This is literally shown in the start of the series when Bulat ponders on Incursio's adaptive ability when he gave Incursio to Tatsumi.

Agree 100% if it was just stated that she froze space itself in order to achieve time-stop then I'd argue that a Resistance to extreme temperatures would be enough, but time itself is being frozen in place as well. It's a Temporal based ability, therefore a resistance to Temporal hax is needed. Tatsumi's Teigu is also known for it's insane evolution, don't see why he'd develop a resistance to cold temperatures when it's presented that he adapted to the time-hax itself.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
No Might said:
As I literally said above:
The reason Esdeath brings up Incursio's cold resistance is because it is known through the empire that Incursio has an adaptive ability that enabled him to become resistant to the temperatures of a frozen tundra. This is literally shown in the start of the series when Bulat ponders on Incursio's adaptive ability when he gave Incursio to Tatsumi.
again there are plenty of other examples to be made then the author SPECIFICALLY had her compare it to a frozen tundra thats why he was able to move in it for a second as he was NEVER exposed to her timestop before

Another reason that points to Esdeath stopping Time is that she stops it in order to cut her arm off after she was cut by Akame's Murasame, Murasame's curse works within seconds.

Also Esdeath is only reiterating her knowledge on Incursio at that time, then she states her surprise to Incursio adapting to in her own words "my entire frozen SPACE".

It's be stated many times that she Freezing Time and Space, that fact of those two words are put together the way they are and how the move works definitely implies the Author's intent for Mahapadma is to stop time, which would indirectly freeze everything in time, which would require a time hax resistance to resist.

but i cant read can nit we speek aboat the AnIme instead off the manga I no more about thre one on on the TV then in the one with the manga one please please

How she goes about freezing time isn't to clear, wheather it's via a drop in temperature or not, the end result is that Time and Space has stopped.

She never explains anything beyond that she has frozen Time and Space, and why she developed the technique in the first place, I imagine your supposed to have some suspended believe as Esdeath can also cover herself with ice and use it to fly.

Too* you're* Belief*.

I undastand that but dose she do it too all off the hole wide world or is it to the the people only in a round her only?

thats my point she froze time and space via tempature drop and it makes sense as her whole moveset is ice based.

It only makas cents if she use ice cold power to make stop time wirk not the whole wrold that is is to much power does not sound like esdeath power attall

S.K.CusSiwel said:
Too* you're* Belief*.

I undastand that but dose she do it too all off the hole wide world or is it to the the people only in a round her only?
Are you seriously correcting people on English when you struggle to spell the language yourself?

Sory schney England isnot my thirs speech and wanted too hlep vapervillian becosue I would hate if some one makes fun of me for not speaking theyre languadge properbly sorry if I have upset you I try hard can as be sorry

Yes, she is freezing Time and Space, why that is different to freezing everyone is because it'll make little sense that with everyone frozen Esdeath would need to go and kill them afterwards, because they'd be Encased in Ice.

Using the Fight against Susanoo, after she stopped time she walked over to him and stabbed him, after which the time stopped ended and then she froze him and shattered him, which would make little sense if he and everyone else were already frozen.

Also like I said even IF Mahapadma's Time Stop was achieved by a drop in temperature the end result is that Time and Space has been stopped, which is something entirely different to cold resistance.

Just try to stay out of long discussions, you're not bothering anyone but we need to have a discussion without interruption here.

ViperVillian25 said:
Yes, she is freezing Time and Space, why that is different to freezing everyone is because it'll make little sense that with everyone frozen Esdeath would need to go and kill them afterwards, because they'd be Encased in Ice.
Using the Fight against Susanoo, after she stopped time she walked over to him and stabbed him, after which the time stopped ended and then she froze him and shattered him, which would make little sense if he and everyone else were already frozen.

Also like I said even IF Mahapadma's Time Stop was achieved by a drop in temperature the end result is that Time and Space has been stopped, which is something entirely different to cold resistance.
yes she freezes it. she also never refers to it as timestop and usually time freeze. she lowers tempatures to about absolute zero levels.

she can also only maintain that level of cold for a few seconds

https://imgur.com/a/05NXfmv the author here could have brought up anything else to show incursios adaptation abilities and as i said he was never exposed to her timefreeze until now

even when esdeath encases someone with ice she still shatters it and knowing esdeath she wouldnt give up the pleasure of stabbing someone

She states in more than one occasion that she has frozen Time and Space, she refers to it later as "Frozen Space".

Like I refered to earlier at the time she noticed Tatsumi was moving she was talking in a narritive sense, this is the Author's way of letting us know what Esdeath is thinking at that time, which is her knowledge of Incursio's abilty to adapt to it's enviroment.

The comparison she uses is the same description Bulat gives earlier and that is because it is common knowledge. Her surprise comes from the fact Incursio adapted to a "Frozen Space" which is a place where time has been frozen.

frozen it by what exactly? her ice most likely

but the author specifically has her compare it to a frozen tundra. of course its common knowledge there would literally be no reason to specifically state this or a tundra alone

incursio has never expirenced the timestop and yet he was still able to move

S.K.CusSiwel said:
i think that mo night is the one who is right on esdeath ice frozen ice poewrs and vipervillier should stop bean so nogative an and false its not hilariouse anymoore so stop please
thankyou but viper is fine dont worry

Yeah no I said not to post if you weren't being helpful and even your posts are just saying people are being negative and not at all helpful to the conversation

Removing posts

Back