• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resisting Esdeaths Timestop

I can't.

I can't do this Im sorry

Not only are you not contributing meaningfully with the posts you're typing but that's assuming I actually understand what you mean

I'm sorry this is too much.

She isn't comparing her Frozen Space to the frozen tundra, she's stating what she knows.

Everything she says after that is referring to her surprise that Incursio adapted to her "Frozen Space" which is something she wasn't expecting.

Like I said even IF she is dropping the temperature of Space Time to the point of Freezing it the end result remains the same, her objective is Space Time and that is what she's freezing, once Time is frozen everything stops completely not because they are frozen, but because time isn't moving.

It could be argued that Incursio did experience the first Mahapadma as Tatsumi may have been unconscious, however we do see that Incursio adapts on it's own and it does so when Shikoutazer crushes Incursio and Tatsumi to the point that Tatsumi is dead, only for Incursio to still without him evolve again and bring him back.

the author could have had her state incursios resistance any other way

not really since she could just be rapidly dropping the tempatures of the air around her and even if she freezes time you should be immune to the level of cold thats beeing used to freeze time and space

thats kinda a backflip as the author would have made that clear by at least bringing up the first time he expirenced it. its kinda hard to imagine the author specifically intended him to resist it via incursio expirencing it without at least bringing it up

The scan shows that it's from Esdeath's perspective, and she used tundra to link as a link between her Ice power and Incursio's adaption, which show's she knows to expect resistance to her Ice, but what she wasn't expecting is that Incursio would be resistant to her "Frozen Space" that is because it is different because she is freezing Time and Space.

or maybe she was knew he can resist a tundra but shocked it can resist a level of cold thats used in her time freeze

also again the fact that he resisted it for a second

Level of cold, Esdeath from the being showed that she can freeze people and rivers completely with absolute zero temperatures, that is why Demons Extract doesn't have a Trump Card at first it already freezes things with the lowest temperature possible.

Esdeath invents Mahapadma by using her Ice power and directing it at Space Time in order to create a Space of Frozen Time, which requires a different ability to adapt to, that explains why the already resistant Incursio had trouble adapting to Mahapadma.

That's not what I said, I said that Incursio which is already resistant to the cold has trouble adapting to Frozen Space because Incursio hasn't adapted to the fact that Time has been frozen.

but since incursio had resistance to the tundra he was able to move for a second because as i said tatsumii never expirenced the timestop

From the being we were told that Incursio is resistant to cold temperatures, when Esdeath Freezes Time and Space for the second time Tatsumi and Incursio are Frozen in time, Incursio adapts to "Frozen Space", but only for a second, not because of it's resistance to the cold, but because it's trying to adapt to the Frozen Space. There is no extra cold to adapt to since Esdeath is Freezing Time and Space.

but incursio has to e exposed to it at least once but it never was. esdeath is freezing time via ice you are resisting the cold that is freezing the time again incursio was never exposed to it

ViperVillian25 said:
The scan shows that it's from Esdeath's perspective, and she used tundra to link as a link between her Ice power and Incursio's adaption, which show's she knows to expect resistance to her Ice, but what she wasn't expecting is that Incursio would be resistant to her "Frozen Space" that is because it is different because she is freezing Time and Space.
Tatsumi didnt adapt to two separate abilities. He resisted the cold effects of the ability when exposed to it. Yea she knew incursio had cold resistance not tatsumi with incursio to have cold resistance. Thats why she was surprised, she was not expecting him to be at the point of power with incursio.

She said it herself "Tatsumi you...i heard incursio can become strong enough to survive a cold environment, thats what let him move". She was surprised he reached that lvl or his adapt to resist the cold got stronger to where he can resist the above average lvl of cold of her ability.

It has only been specified that incursio can become strong enough to resist a cold environment Not incursio can become strong enough to resist conceptual attacks. Thats a nlf. Ive seen numerous time people pull his adaptation for abilities like reality warping and legit temporal attacks. And say he can adapt to anything and everything. Even take So6p naruto, new bankai ichigo and gear 4 luffy at the same time.

If it was two abilites that would have been stated and there would be no need to bring up his ability to resist cold environments if it has nothing to do with letting him move. She would of instead brought up the timestop itself but she didnt. But the fact she did mention his adaptability to cold means it is cold and everyone is also being exposed to some low temp which meant tatsumi could resist. Tatsumi adaptability becomes stronger the more power he takes from incursio, till he becomes incursio. He wasnt struggling to adapt, he adapted just fine, it just wasnt enough power. Once he became incursio he was freely moving cause incursio is strong enough to it.

The problem is what is he's adapting to? Thee way Mahapadma works by definition is to Freeze Time and Space, from what the manga shows Esdeath freezing time works exactly like time stop. This evident by the fact that everything from Mine's Pumpkin's mental energy (which is described as a concentrated shockwave) to even Akame's Murasame Curse (Which works within seconds) were also stopped. Both of those are conceptual Murasame's curse and Pumpkin's energy wouldn't stop in midair if Esdeath was just dropping the temperture to the point of cryostasis.

Esdeath and the Author both refer to Esdeath's ability as Freezing Time and Space and later Incursio overcame Frozen Space, if he was only overcoming a drop in temperature, for one thing how the move operates would be different and two Esdeath wouldn't have needed to say my Entire Frozen Space. Esdeath's Mahapadma works by Freezing things on a spacial level.

the same things would happen if she where to freeze those things in ice i mean..look at gray he can freeze flames with his ice and thats plasma

Can you explain how Mahapadma affected Murasame's curse? Because Murasame's curse works within seconds and after Esdeath Frozen Time she has time to cut her own arm off.

Also using Gray is very topical, I know a moderate amount of about Fairy Tail, but using another series is going off track.

again if she were to have frozen her arm the same affect would have been had

gray is weaker in attack potency if gray can freeze flames i think esdeath should and even ignoring gray it should be possible for her

No because Murasame's curse spreads through the body within seconds and shuts down the heart, if Esdeath could just freeze the curse she wouldn't have needed to use Mahapadma. She uses Mahapadma because she knew it would stop the Curse because time has stopped moving.

The reason I bring up Murasame's curse is because it conceptual, it has no form for Esdeath to freeze.

exactly and if she were to completly freeze her arm the curse would stop to as that is also frozen just because it spreads through the body dosent at all mean its unfreezable...the curse started from the arm

also the curse is literally just poision

I don't get your point with the poison guys

It doesn't resist ice, so even if it's Ice based, it would be stopped

Sorry, my point was when Esdeath uses Mahapadma to freeze time so that she can cut off her arm and save herself from Murasame's curse she did so because she had to, if the poison curse could have been stopped with simple freezing she would have just flash frozen her own arm off, similar to how she kills herself in the end.

Because Time and Space have been frozen that the curse isn't able to spread.

ViperVillian25 said:
The problem is what is he's adapting to? Thee way Mahapadma works by definition is to Freeze Time and Space, from what the manga shows Esdeath freezing time works exactly like time stop. This evident by the fact that everything from Mine's Pumpkin's mental energy (which is described as a concentrated shockwave) to even Akame's Murasame Curse (Which works within seconds) were also stopped. Both of those are conceptual Murasame's curse and Pumpkin's energy wouldn't stop in midair if Esdeath was just dropping the temperture to the point of cryostasis.

Esdeath and the Author both refer to Esdeath's ability as Freezing Time and Space and later Incursio overcame Frozen Space, if he was only overcoming a drop in temperature, for one thing how the move operates would be different and two Esdeath wouldn't have needed to say my Entire Frozen Space. Esdeath's Mahapadma works by Freezing things on a spacial level.
Your are taking the froze time and space to literal

Esdeath was very much inclined to say my frozen space. What exactly do you think space is, what is spatial lvl? Sapce is distance between objects or area of which things are occurring or objects being held. So when esdeath said my frozen space she meant the area of which her ability was effecting, hence her frozen space, Which is indeed her space.

Mines energy and akame posion arent concepts or metaphysical concepts Just because its spiritual energy doent mean it conceptual. Pumpkins energy can frozen if temp is low to where the energy doenst hold up. Akame sword is just deadly posion. Najenga explained it as deadly posion for which there is no cure, within the agk verse. Till tatsumi

The posion isnt apart esdeath. So when esdeath uses the ability she can withstand the cold effect not the posion, meaning it cant spread giving her time to cut her arm off.

A problem with your theory is that Mind's Pumpkin gathers Mental energy and unleashes it out as a concentrated shockwave, a shockwave is a made from vibrations and even lowering their temperature you couldn't freeze them.

The spread of the poison was Esdeath's main concern, but if she could of just stopped by dropping the temperature she wouldn't have needed to cut her arm off in the first place, she froze time with Mahapadma because with time frozen she could cut off her arm and save her own life.

The thing with Esdeath's time manipulative technique is that it doesn't follow the traditional path of commonly used ice-based abilities, as far as I'm aware it's an original variant.

I believe the creator intended it to be a time-based ability solely through the somewhat pun of its namesake, 'Time Freeze', to FREEZE TIME, just not in the traditional sense of halting time itself. If you allow yourself to look passed the word FROZEN and imagine a scenario where it isn't literally to freeze, but instead only USING the word frozen as a title only, you may find that it perfectly describes what her true time-based power is.

It has never been demonstrated to be LITERALLY freezing people into ice statues, but literally freeze them in a time stasis for a few seconds, of which they are totally dry and unaffected by the coldness afterwards. Time doesn't freeze, ice does.

so um ya...esdeath freezing her arm would have the same effect since the blood that the posion needs to use to get to the heart is frozen her using timestop is just for story reasons i guess

She would die from her blood being frozen. Everyone would die.

It's a real Time Stop.

This hypothesis that she's literally freezing people and things instead of time itself (which Esdeath has said herself and the author Takahiro has said) has too many holes and inconsistencies to be accepted.

Freezing things and people doesn't explain things being stuck in air like Susanoo when he was trying to assassinate the priest. He was floating in air.

no because you would resist the cold thats being use to freeze time hence how tatsumi resisted it as he was never exposed to the timestop before then

yes susanoo was frozen in time in mid air

Back