• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

resistance to sleep manipulation for goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, the action of waking up was performed by Goku. It's not like Bulma went and gave Goku a resistance pill or something. All she did was yell something. After that it was all Goku's decision, he chose to wake up. The logic seems simple to me. Otherwise, whatever is decided.

It shouldn't be a resistance. He was put to sleep and simply got up because of a physiological need. Not to mention, it was there for a gag and was never brought up again.

i don't follow how you can disagree with a direct feat? answer a simple question....who chose to wake up? who decided to wake up? it was goku....it doesn't matter what he heard or who he heard....the decision of waking up was goku's own decision....it was goku's own choice...it was his own action...he wanted to do a particular thing so he woke up....as simple as that

the situation in which goku had not woken up at all, no matter what someone yelled or called....then it would be the case of no resistance.....

in this case he shows resistance on panel....he should not have woken up whatever may be the case but he did....and that is textbook resisting the sleep manipulation.

like akm sama said, he gained resistance after that.....just like first he was affected by hit's time stop and then showed resistance....

even superman shows resistance to time manipulation after he was first affected by it....

this is your reason? goku should not get a resistance even tho he resisted it because the hax is non-lethal? sorry, but i don't think you get to decide what goes through....and you are coming off a little rude

That's not how sleep resistance works. Or sleep in general. Firstly, nothing points to the fact that Roshi was the only one to be able to wake him up. Secondly, being woken up by outside sources is so common that the reason I'm typing this right now while slightly irritated is because my sister just woke me up to walk the dog...

and? a feat is a feat....arale is a gag character and she keeps all of her feats....beerus destroyed a ghost in a gag episode and he keeps his feats....goku broke the fourth wall which is also a gag moment but he still keeps it....oku can fly using his tail in a gag moment and he still keeps it....

being a funny moment/comic does not make the feat invalid....

What I meant to say is that your logic would imply that Goku would gain resistance to non-lethal hax shortly after experiencing it, which shouldn't be true for all kinds of hax. Gag feats are gag feats and Goku waking up would fall under limited Toon Force which is non-combat applicable.

As far as me being rude is concerned, I don't believe I was. And while I may not have the right to decide what goes, I can disagree at least.

HrishikeshM said:
you are wrong
master roshi himself said that goku wont wake up until he gives the signal/order

you can find it here http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-049?id=260634
see here....i already posted all the evidence....roshi was the one who could have woken him up

TacticalNuke002 said:
It shouldn't be a resistance. He was put to sleep and simply got up because of a physiological need. Not to mention, it was there for a gag and was never brought up again.
But he got up. Roshi said himself that goku wouldn't be able to wake up until he said the word. And had great suprise and actually said impossible when goku got up.

TacticalNuke002 said:
What I meant to say is that your logic would imply that Goku would gain resistance to non-lethal hax shortly after experiencing it
except that is not my logic...you are grasping at straws....i never said that....goku clearly resisted it...

i would not be here if goku woke up after jackie chun's command

a feat is a feat.......doesn't matter if it is funny or not....otherwise we should get rid of all the gag characters and their feats... and most of the feats done by goku in dragon ball

I've fallen asleep and heard voices, but I only register it when it's my name, and I wake up. Maybe Goku's register word is food.

Regardless, imo I don't think it's resistance to sleep inducement because Goku did fall asleep, regardless if he woke up or not. It wasn't like he got drowsy and snapped himself out of it.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Roshi could be overestimating himself and the whole thing was there for a joke.
Assuming a character is overestimating himself isn't exactly how this usually works....

Actually, given how confident Bulma was that said phrase would wake him up (I though someone casually mentioned food and he shot up) and looking more into the context, I take back what I said again. The scene implies that anyone would've woken up if they liked food as much as Goku. You guys made it sound like the ability Early Bird from Pokémon, but Goku was entirely woken up by another source. This would be like giving anyone who snapped out of hypnosis because of the power of love/friendship.

The real cal howard said:
Actually, given how confident Bulma was that said phrase would wake him up (I though someone casually mentioned food and he shot up) and looking more into the context, I take back what I said again. The scene implies that anyone would've woken up if they liked food as much as Goku. You guys made it sound like the ability Early Bird from Pokémon, but Goku was entirely woken up by another source.
He... what? He woke himself up.. i mean.. what?

I don't understand your comment.

does it matter why he woke up? it only matters that '''HE '''wok eup...he had his reasons.....but it does not change that he woke up from something he should not have in the first place....why is that so hard to understand?

No. Bulma woke him up.
bulma only yelled...she did not go inside goku's body to wake him up from inside.....it was goku's decision to wake up....his choice....his action....he did not take an outside supplement which makes the sleep go away....

Yeah. It was totally my choice to wake up when I was woken up this morning even though I still more sleep. That's not how sleep works. You don't need to do go inside someone's body to wake them up. Bulma yelling for food was clearly supposed to be a trigger. I bet if it happened to Krillin instead, of Krillin liked food as much as Goku did it would wake him up too.

Yeah. It was totally my choice to wake up when I was woken up this morning even though I still more sleep. That's not how sleep works. You don't need to do go inside someone's body to wake them up. Bulma yelling for food was clearly supposed to be a trigger. I bet if it happened to Krillin instead, of Krillin liked food as much as Goku did it would wake him up too.
This isn't normal. Its still stated that he won't wake up unless jake wakes him up and he got up. That's a feat for goku.

Its just an enhanced senses feat, not a resistance feat as Manga Goku can be sleep induced. Saiyans can quickly wake on their own if they hear something that catches their interest while under sleep thanks to their senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back