• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to radiation for cinder?

Spinoirr

He/Him
Penny and Cinder fight around amity when it reached into the upper atmosphere, yet cinder fought up there for a few minutes

The fight:

This could also apply for literally everyone there, but cinder and penny were the only ones to go outside of amity

"The term near space is also sometimes used to refer to altitudes within the mesosphere. This term does not have a technical definition, but typically refers to the region of the atmosphere up to 100 km (62 mi; 330,000 ft), roughly between the Armstrong limit (above which humans require a pressure suit in order to survive) and the Kármán line (where astrodynamics must take over from aerodynamics in order to achieve flight); or, by another definition, to the range of altitudes below which commercial airliners fly but above which satellites orbit the Earth. Some sources distinguish between the terms "near space" and "upper atmosphere", so that only the layers closest to the Kármán line are described as "near space"." - Wikipedia on the mesosphere

Given penny fell from the atmosphere and burned up from falling and the fact the plan was to lift it high into the atmosphere where no Grimm can fly and Penny's dad was worried about the cold temperature outside too

6:20 he mentioned the temperature and penny then goes to lift it but gets hacked making her fall

I would say Mesosphere is what it probably is, possibly the thermosphere

Last edited:
Does that really count? I thought characters got resistance due to traveling through space, not simply the upper atmosphere.

I guess if it’s already given on another. Speaking of which, wouldn’t Salem get it as well? As in the final scene had her and Cinder flying away from Atlas as it fell. Or is that not upper atmosphere?
We don't know how high up she was, so nope

Here with amity, the whole plan was for it to go into the upper atmosphere to avoid grimm as Grimm can't go that high

Well Goku has it for fighting Beerus
I don't think they were as high as Goku and Beerus. Judging by the video and the surrounding clouds I would say at MOST the Mesosphere. Goku and beerus were at the Exosphere which is highly susceptible to radiation

But I'm still reading the thread... It was probably already mentioned

Edit: what the hell there wasn't much else to read

I don't think they were as high as Goku and Beerus. Judging by the video and the surrounding clouds I would say at MOST the Mesosphere. Goku and beerus were at the Exosphere which is highly susceptible to radiation

But I'm still reading the thread... It was probably already mentioned

Edit: what the hell there wasn't much else to read
Given penny fell from the atmosphere and burned up from falling and the fact the plan was to lift it high into the atmosphere where no Grimm can fly and Penny's dad was worried about the cold temperature outside too

Okidoki

Now the next question would be where the Ozone Layer is in the atmosphere

The Stratosphere I think.

The mesosphere is higher than Stratosphere

I agree with the OP if the fight was really at the Mesosphere

6:20 he mentioned the temperature and penny then goes to lift it but gets hacked making her fall

About him mentioning the temperature. It's several degrees below freezing even in the stratosphere so even if they were in the stratosphere he has a point.

But something caught my eye. She began to burn up, and meteors burn up slightly above the stratosphere above the Ozone Layer definitely. but she is not as heavy as a meteor so I'm not sure.

There is also evidence in the OP that there are noctilucent clouds which still looks pretty far.

There is evidence that Air didn't get sucked out of the ship which could probably be overlooked.

Honestly, I feel they are at the Stratosphere. But I'm not sure if they are higher or lower than the Ozone layer in the stratosphere. The best-case scenario would probably be Limited resistance to radiation. So I'm neutral on this one

Funnily, a lot of verses have it. But the point is, we don't grant them anymore. Keyword being anymore. And we all know how shit dragon ball files are in general.

Fair point, but what if it was near the edge of space aka very close to where space starts (because super manga Goku and Vegeta were fine at the edge of nameks atmosphere)

At most this is a stamina feat

Yeah no, even being in the middle of pitch black space don't give you that anymore. Unless there is a greater verse context, which I don't think is the case here.

You can, however, get it if you are near the sun or another star.

Back