• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resident Evil: Chris Redfield's speed/strength revisions?

Remember in RE5 when Chris could counterattack Wesker's attacks successfully and even go toe-to-toe with him in hand-to-hand combat?(Possible in gameplay) Or in RE6, taking into account his counters and various melee moves(especially the one on the Ogroman)? Shouldn't this mean we can move Chris' speed to Hypersonic and try to revise his strength too? These changes could also apply to other RE characters, such as Leon, so I think we should go over the games and try to get a better understanding of Chris' power and speed.

I'll be honest? Never beat RE5, game was a bit terrible. Ditto for RE6. Not sure how much help I'll be. That said, why would this make Chris Hypersonic? Wesker's rating seems to have no calc tied to it.

Yes, Chris and Sheva were both able to dodge and react to Wesker (with some difficulty) in the cutscenes and in gameplay when he's about to strike you. I don't mind their reaction speeds scaling to Weaker but looking at Mr. Bambu's comment above. Does Wesker have a a calc putting him that high?.

Also, In terms of strength, I'm not sure. You can physically harm Wesker in gameplay but Chris puts all his effort into it and Weaker easily can overpower him so I don't know.

@Assembled1801

That's what I was talking about. That and when he rushes you in the battle were you need to turn off the lights. You can react to and dodge his strikes so I'm fine with the speed scaling (reactions) but we need a calc.

Pretty sure Wesker has explanations in his profile for his Hypersonic speed, but a good calc to solidify his ranking would be preferable

Disagree. It's specifically shown in the cutscene leading to their battle that they are incapable of reacting to him, he was literally stomping them both at the same time in h2h... Also, the clip posted above is after Wesker gets stabbed with the syringe thingy, which significantly reduces his speed iirc. I never played RE6 so I'm not sure on that.

Purgy said:
Disagree. It's specifically shown in the cutscene leading to their battle that they are incapable of reacting to him, he was literally stomping them both at the same time in h2h... Also, the clip posted above is after Wesker gets stabbed with the syringe thingy, which significantly reduces his speed iirc. I never played RE6 so I'm not sure on that.
They can somewhat react to him when he is unsyringed, this is present in their balcony fight where he throws his shades at them, but they shouldn't fully scale.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Anttron224 said:
Purgy said:
They can somewhat react to him when he is unsyringed, this is present in their balcony fight where he throws his shades at them, but they shouldn't fully scale.
Chris caught his shades yes, but where's the proof Wesker threw these shades at hypersonic speed? And again, he completely stomps them in h2h literally seconds after this. The only time they "somewhat" keep up with him, is after he's stabbed with the syringe. Also, the entire point of the first segment of the fight is to shoot him with a rocket so he can't move, they clearly aren't as fast as him.

Purgy said:
Anttron224 said:
Purgy said:
Chris caught his shades yes, but where's the proof Wesker threw these shades at hypersonic speed? And again, he completely stomps them in h2h literally seconds after this. The only time they "somewhat" keep up with him, is after he's stabbed with the syringe. Also, the entire point of the first segment of the fight is to shoot him with a rocket so he can't move, they clearly aren't as fast as him.
Yeah I misrembered Wekser's blocks and counters as theirs

I mean Wesker is obviously toying with them when he throws his shades, as later on he even lets Chris land a tackle on him but later just completely bodies both.

I think it's worthy to note that in the RE Archives II book, it states that P60 Jill is far superior to Chris in physical stats and she isn't on Wesker's level of speed.

Back